The closing statement: My vote and why?

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
For months, I'd battled back and forth between Bush and Kerry. I'd made my decision.

The President of the United States... The most difficult job to ever hold in all of the world.

In my opinion, 43 of the most respected men in the world has held this incredible job of literally carrying the world upon their shoulders. Some of them had the weight of the world being too much for them; some of them had the strength, but their lives were cut short; some of them managed to reach down deep within themselves and found a way to carry the load. So regardless of whoever wins this election, he will be the President of the United States and I will respect his' decisions, even if I don't like them.

I'd examined both campaigns. Here are my likes and dislikes.

What I'd hated about John Kerry campaign:

He doesn't stand by his positions; he uses too much "PC" in his answers, thus allowing him room to change his mind and still sound like he's in the right.

What I'd liked about John Kerry

He's an honest man; I feel very confident that any mistake he makes as president he will acknowledge the mistake and correct it. He's very confident; he reminds me of Thomas Jefferson's attitude after the New York Press labeled him as "A threat to GOD and heaven".

What I'd hated about George W. Bush

He's in denial; he doesn't realize that he'd screwed up; therefore, he remains unrepentant in his stragedies after 9/11.

He's a very good man with a very good heart; I respect him now more than ever as a person. However, there is a curse that comes with that position; when it comes to making the right choices for your country, you must sometimes break away from what you believe in and do the right thing. He knew the methods he'd used was wrong and he did it any way; I suspect political pressure.

I'd liked about George W. Bush

He's down to earth; you can't hate such a president. He tries very hard to handle our nation's problems; that's problably because he truly cares. I can see myself chewing the fat with him while fishing off the coast of Florida. He's welcome at my house any time.

So what's the TIE BREAKER? Ironically enough, a statement that came from GW himself.

When confronted about the missing ammunition in Iraq; George W Bush went on the offensive saying that you can't have a president that makes decisions WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS. That burned me up!

We started a war with Iraq over WMD's; there weren't any; we started a war WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS.

We started the search for Osama Bin Laden WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS; he's still at large!

We have a shortage of flu vaccines because WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS; we chose to ignore this issue.

Finally, we'd lost what would had been "the next golden age" of our economy; primarly because Bush gave away a 300 billion dollar surplus WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS about its potential consequences.

I agree with you 100% George W. Bush; we cannot afford to have a President that makes decisions WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS. As of this moment, I have made my decision...

MY VOTE IS FOR JOHN KERRY!

This is hylandrdet and I approve this message!

Oh whopee-doo. I'm underwhelmed.

You are the only one who thought that the rest of us have not known since your first post that you were a kerry supporter.

Typical lib. You come here with your agenda, then post your "decision" like some B movie drama queen. Even worse, your basis for that decision is so contrived and specious that it is flatly laughable. The insulting part is that you think we'll buy an act as transparent and obvious as your's.

Bud, you're going to have to refine that line of bullshit a lot more if you ever want to be a good liberal.

:lame2: :lame2: :lame2: :lame2:

Boy, I must say you really sounded torn. You had me on the edge of my seat wondering "Which way will he go? Bush? Kerry? Oh, pray tell, which way will his vote fall?"

But alas, at the 11th hour, you have finally made your choice....John Kerry for President!!

whew, that was a close one! ....... gimme a break! :bs1:

Oh, and by the way, it might interest you to know that your man, Kerry also voted to go to war with Iraq "w/o all the facts" and as for Osama...well, I don't know what facts you're talking about but then again, apparently you don't either.

:cuckoo:

hylandrdet said:
We started a war with Iraq over WMD's; there weren't any; we started a war WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS.

Here are FACTS regarding the war to take out Saddam and his regime:

He was an evil bad guy.

The war was about much more than just WMD's. this is an incredible oversimplfication. I suggest you review HJR 114, the resolution authorizing the war. You'll find that many more reasons were used (by an overwhleming majority of both ouses of Congress) to authorize the President to use force against Saddam's regime.

Saddam did not comply with 1441. (if you disagree with this, just ask, but a quick revirew of ISG reports will bear this out quickly) The UN (namely France) refused to back up that resolution with anything but words and paper.

It is a fact that Saddam refused to account for TONS of WMD's, precursors as well as numerous other hiddne WMD development programs - proven again by the ISG reports.

Saddam also had proven, in fact, self-admitted links to terrorism. (Again, I can provde a list if you dispute this FACT.)

Even Saddam's own gerneals did not know what WMD's did and did not exist. Saddam wanted everyone to think he had WMDs in order to keep from being taken out of power.

Senator Kerry voted numerous times to cripple our intelligence. Not that I beleive that Saddam's bluff could've been revealed if Kerry had voted to bolster our intelligence, but it sure as heck didn't help matters. Remember, even Saddam's own generals did not know - and our intelligence was supposed to know?

If was had not taken Saddam out, as it would've been with Kerry in office, 25 million people would, in all likelyhood, be subjected to the tyrannical rule of Saddam or his sons for God knows how many years to come.

Thinks are not perfect in Iraq by any means but it is now a country which has the hope of democratic self-determination.

We started the search for Osama Bin Laden WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS; he's still at large!

What the heck does this mean? To what facts are you referring?

We have a shortage of flu vaccines because WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS; we chose to ignore this issue.

How you phrase this isvery telling: "WE chose to ignore...." yet you blame Bush.

Finally, we'd lost what would had been "the next golden age" of our economy; primarly because Bush gave away a 300 billion dollar surplus WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS about its potential consequences.

It is a fact that Bush ingeritied a recession. This compounded with the nearly trillion dollar impact of 9/11 on our economy has much more to do with where we are now economically than enything Bush has done. Good or bad, I ve never thought any President is responsible for the economy. If you do, you need to take some econ classes.

Given what our economy has been through, we are in surprisingly good shape. Of course, this has much more to do with the inherent strength of our economy than it does with anything that Bush has done/not done.

Finally, do some research on debt levels for both the US and other countries - the sky is not falling.

The worst thing for our economy (though it won't be the end of the world) is to have Kerry re-elected. This has more to do with market perceptions of Kerry than it does with anything else but, if Kerry is elected, don't expect an big economic surges as the market views his platform as one which will saddle the cout nry with even MORE debt. (Don't take my word for it, ask someone who works in the securities industry - ideally someone who isn't very political so you can get as close to an unbiased opinion as possible.)

I agree with you 100% George W. Bush; we cannot afford to have a President that makes decisions WITHOUT HAVING THE FACTS. As of this moment, I have made my decision...

MY VOTE IS FOR JOHN KERRY!

This is hylandrdet and I approve this message!

Feel free to vote for Kerry but do it because you agree with his social plan if you can actually figure out what it is and how he will pay for it - or how he plans to get it by a Republican Senate and Congress.

But hey, gridlock ain't bad either.

Also give serious consideration to the war on terror and whom you thkn will be more resolute and consistent.

Cheers - so get out there and vote a week from Tuesday on November 9.

Seriously do you expect us to buy that you were undecided till now? Youve been pro Kerry ever since you got here.

Reading between the lines, what I see is:

hylandrdet said:
I'm full of shit and I expected to fool some of the newer people to the board with this jackass post.

I have to say, you present some of the more impressive loads of bs I've seen on this board. For that, I salute you. :finger:

GraveEvidence-X.gif

on another note

1)If the intelligence agencies of most of Western Europe, the CIA, and army defectors tell me someone has WMDs, I will be inclined to believe he has them. Is that jumping to conclusions?

2)It took 15 years to find the Unibomber in our own country. Finding a guy with an elaborate terrorist network in Pakistan is going to take time.

3) A shortage of flu vaccine without having the facts? huh? How was GW to predict some moron in Britain let half the vaccines get contaminated?

Seriously do you expect us to buy that you were undecided till now? Youve been pro Kerry ever since you got here.

And you, as well as the others, (Flying Duck, eseid, John Galt, Sir evil, Merlin1047) appear to be so very pro-Kerry from the beginning, then all of a sudden felt disillusioned and now favor Bush? :rolleyes:

I can honestly look myself in the mirror and say that I given Bush every chance to change my mind. He'd failed because the Republican attacks on the Clinton administration had set the tone for our future presidencies; "we will not tolerate a president who lies about the facts".

I was trying to be nice, and give him the benefit of the doubt, in suggesting that Bush's decisions were made without having the facts. He had the facts, he made his decisions, he won't own up to them and now he's unable to clean up the mess he'd made. This is not liberal nor conservative thinking, this is common sense kicking in. He not only failed to restore integrity to the presidency, he'd made it worse. Four years ago, only our nation had lost faith in the integrity of our presidency; it's four years later and the entire world has now lost faith in the integrity of our presidency.

Bush is the Republican party's answer to Jimmy Carter, that's why I'd voted for Ronald Reagan then and that's why I'd voted for John Kerry now. Yes, I liked using the word "we" because it was "we" who'd voted him in. It was our fault, now it's time for us to correct our great error in judgement.

The purpose of this thread is to tell us who you're voting for and why! Well... don't just stand there, make your case and stop crying like a pack of bitches!!!

My salute to you :bsflag:

John kerry, from his return to vietnam until now has been anti military.
Very anti military,

from the lies of the Wintersoldier testimony through voting against all the weapons systems we use today to voting to CUT intelligence service budgets AFTER 9/11, to comparing Abu Graib to Saddams behaviour.
America was defeated in Vietnam by OUR lefty people. The Iraqi's know this.

And that is why they, like you, and Osama , are supporters of John Kerry.

Just a "minor" point here about that "big surplus" that George W. supposedly inherited from the Clinton Administration, and the Dems keep telling us about faithfully. Let me make this clear: George W. did not inherit a "surplus". Wasn't that a projected surplus over a 10-year period? "Projected" is not real; it's on paper only. And since it was to "develop" over a 10-year period, it wasn't even a possibility. Another ruse to dupe the voters, like re-instituting the draft, keeping black people from voting, bankrupting Social Security, etc., etc., etc.

hylandrdet said:
And you, as well as the others, (Flying Duck, eseid, John Galt, Sir evil, Merlin1047) appear to be so very pro-Kerry from the beginning, then all of a sudden felt disillusioned and now favor Bush? :rolleyes:

What cutting sarcasm.....what a keen eye....we've been exposed! :lame2:

In case it has somehow escaped you...you are the only one pretending to be neutral...oops, sorry, I mean up until yesterday, right?

hylandrdet said:
He not only failed to restore integrity to the presidency, he'd made it worse. Four years ago, only our nation had lost faith in the integrity of our presidency; it's four years later and the entire world has now lost faith in the integrity of our presidency.

Bush is the Republican party's answer to Jimmy Carter...QUOTE]

Isn't this the man that you said in your original post that you "respected him now more than ever???"

Oh, and I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but W won't be dropping by the trailer anytime soon....get over yourself.

hylandrdet said:

I can honestly look myself in the mirror and say that I given Bush every chance to change my mind. He'd failed because the Republican attacks on the Clinton administration had set the tone for our future presidencies; "we will not tolerate a president who lies about the facts".

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

I love it when kerry supporters get caught with their bullshit hanging out and start squealing like little piggies!!

No, I have never been a kerry supporter. Nor have I ever claimed to be undecided. I have been a Bush supporter from the first post I ever made and that has not changed.

You have been a kerry supporter from your first post to your last. That's okay. You are entitled to support whomever you choose - even if your judgment is questionable. But you came on this board assuming that you could fool the rest of us into thinking that you were undecided. Now that we let you know that you never fooled anyone, you want to get your butt up on your shoulders and start acting huffy. Well save it for someone who gives a rip about your opinion. You have proved your lack of character and your intellectual dishonesty. Any chance for credibility you might have had has gone down the tubes. Perhaps that's why you're a kerry supporter - you know, the business about birds of a feather?

hylandrdet said:

No, most of us have always supported the President. We arent pretending we havent been. The fact that you are trying to deceive people with your choice and think we so stupid that we would fall for it shows much more about your lack of character than it does anything us.

If you think this started with Clinton than your historically challenged. The tone started with Nixon, then we gave Carter the benefit of the doubt till he screwed up worse than Nixon could have ever dreamed. And then you guys did nothing but insult the intelligence of Reagan, the greatest President of the 20th century. If you think this started with Clinton then you need to go back to school.

As for Clinton, he caused his own problems. He cared more about his personal power than actually defending this nation. It was more important for him to lie to a jury then to give a damn to protect the American people. It was more important to have his "spotless" legacy by giving the North Koreans nuclear material than it was to take care of the problem forever. His legacy was more important than bringing Saddam to justice for his violation of international law. Ironically his legacy is no one of shame and perversion. Shame because his policies are responsible for 911. Democrats can whine about the cigar all they want. That was never the issue and they know it.

I
was trying to be nice, and give him the benefit of the doubt, in suggesting that Bush's decisions were made without having the facts. He had the facts, he made his decisions, he won't own up to them and now he's unable to clean up the mess he'd made. This is not liberal nor conservative thinking, this is common sense kicking in. He not only failed to restore integrity to the presidency, he'd made it worse. Four years ago, only our nation had lost faith in the integrity of our presidency; it's four years later and the entire world has now lost faith in the integrity of our presidency.

He hasnt made a mess! Continually yelling that we are in a horrible situation in Iraq doesnt make it so. The fact is we have liberated a nation the size of California in less time it took Janet Reno to raid the branch davidian. We have had a casualty rate than any war in the history of the known world. Two years ago the Iraqi people were suffering in prisons, afraid to speak their mind, had to watch their people bruttally raped, tortured and murdered. Now the preparation is ready to have elections in Iraq in two months. The fact that anyone thinks such an amazing accomplishment is a mess just shows what kind of fantasy world some people live it. Everything has to be neat and clean within have an hour or we have major problems. BS. We have made incredible progress with Iraq and replacing the President with a man who has repeatedly insulted the allies in our coalition, and most improtantly the leader of the Iraqi nation assisting us in winning the peace is not only stupid but dangerous.

Bush is the Republican party's answer to Jimmy Carter, that's why I'd voted for Ronald Reagan then and that's why I'd voted for John Kerry now. Yes, I liked using the word "we" because it was "we" who'd voted him in. It was our fault, now it's time for us to correct our great error in judgement.

What the hell are you talking about? Carter had double didget inflation? He capitulated to the Iranians, hell he propped up their anti American regime. Carters the moron who brokered the North Korean deal for Clinton which gave North Korea the nuclear material they needed to build their freakin weapons. There aint a comparison. Bush is more like Reagan then Carter. Name one way in which Bush and Carter are similar other than they are both men who have been Presidents. Name one freakin way.

The purpose of this thread is to tell us who you're voting for and why! Well... don't just stand there, make your case and stop crying like a pack of bitches!!!

No the point of this thread was for you to announce to the world that you "finally" decided to vote for John Kerry. None of us are stupid enough to believe that you just decided to. Hence you are being called on it and rather then dealing with the challenge you're trying to make insane assertions.

Forum List

Back