The Clinton Quiz

Who gave China advanced missile technology? Another legacy of Bill Clinton

Clinton Overrules Secretary of State

The alleged improper export by Hughes of satellite technology was cited as a key reason when Clinton's secretary of state, Warren Christopher, rejected a plan to give the Commerce Department full authority to control satellite exports.

According to a Sept. 22, 1995, memorandum, Christopher rejected plans to give Commerce the authority to approve satellite exports after an interagency study noted that "significant" military and intelligence capabilities could be lost.

The memorandum stated the Pentagon and U.S. intelligence agencies strongly opposed the policy change because Hughes exported two satellites with sensitive cryptographic technology without first getting a State Department munitions license. Cryptographic technology is used to scramble communications sent to satellites to prevent unauthorized access.

President Clinton, who transferred the power to regulate sensitive satellites to Commerce, under Commerce Secretary Ron Brown, ultimately overruled Christopher.

Clinton's transfer allowed the Chinese army to acquire advanced U.S. technology for military purposes. Hughes satellites currently provide the Chinese army with secure communications that are invulnerable to earth combat and highly accurate all-weather navigation for strike bombers and missiles.

Hughes satellites purchased by Shen also provide direct TV and cable TV broadcasts to most of Asia. Thus, cable and pay-per-view services help pay for the Chinese army satellite communications. The brilliant planning and logistics mean that Chinese military communications pay for themselves.

Clinton Legacy – A New Arms Race

The satellite and missile technology obtained from Hughes by the Chinese army is critical for the design and manufacture of missile nose cones and electronic missile control systems. The technology clearly helped the Chinese army field a new generation of ICBMS, including the Dong Feng 31 missile, which can drop three nuclear warheads on any city in the U.S.

The success of Shen is a story of missiles, politics and greed. Gen. Shen succeeded in using Hughes and President Clinton as valuable tools to obtain weapons that are now pointed at the United States.

China won and the U.S. lost what may very well be the first round of World War III. Gen. Shen led that victory and he did it with a checkbook. The Clinton legacy for the 21st century is a new arms race.

Clinton and Chinese Missiles

Answers to your questions:
1) Please provide credible evidence to the corroborating evidence you aretalking about
2) The CIA were the ones who provided the 'evidence'. If Clinton and Berger et al can't trust them, what is the point in having them. Maybe if a certain president had listened to them in about May 2001 a certain event in Sept of that year might have been avoided.
3) Evidence that Chinese govt gave money to his coffers please. Again, a neutral source would be great, or don't bother.
4) If I could be bothered I'd list the number of felons that repub presidents have pardoned, but what's the point. Unlike you, I think both parties should hold their heads in shame, but more importantly, why the hell do the have the ability to do so in the first place.

IOW, PC has posted yet another rabid, partisan hack job and has yet again proved to be an epic fail

Regarding '2'.... if a certain President had listened to both the CIA and the US Military in 1999, it would never have even been planned, yet alone carried out. If you want to play pissing contests with 9/11.... the Right Wing Conspiracy is gonna cremate you. The left lost that one.

Actually, I think you'll find it was because the FBI and CIA were not talking to each other..
As for a pissing contest, PC started it....shrug....

C'mon, Grump....be serious: you're still offended by the truth about Clinton????

First of all, I didn't start any thing: I posted the 'quiz' because the Obamunists have started to act shocked that Romney made money for his investors....
...so I put up some substantive material to be shocked about....

Now, if you're gonna sulk, at least save it for when I go after Obama....

10- 9- 8 -7- 6..........

1) Please provide credible evidence to the corroborating evidence you aretalking about
2) The CIA were the ones who provided the 'evidence'. If Clinton and Berger et al can't trust them, what is the point in having them. Maybe if a certain president had listened to them in about May 2001 a certain event in Sept of that year might have been avoided.
3) Evidence that Chinese govt gave money to his coffers please. Again, a neutral source would be great, or don't bother.
4) If I could be bothered I'd list the number of felons that repub presidents have pardoned, but what's the point. Unlike you, I think both parties should hold their heads in shame, but more importantly, why the hell do the have the ability to do so in the first place.

IOW, PC has posted yet another rabid, partisan hack job and has yet again proved to be an epic fail

Regarding '2'.... if a certain President had listened to both the CIA and the US Military in 1999, it would never have even been planned, yet alone carried out. If you want to play pissing contests with 9/11.... the Right Wing Conspiracy is gonna cremate you. The left lost that one.

Actually, I think you'll find it was because the FBI and CIA were not talking to each other..
As for a pissing contest, PC started it....shrug....

"...the FBI and CIA were not talking to each other."

And speaking of substantive wrong-doing by the crook Clinton, his administration forbid the FBI and CIA from cooperating, 'cause he was taking illegal money from communist China...

"In 1995, while America’s intelligence agencies were still investigating al Qaeda's 1993 terrorist bombing of the World Trade Center, the Clinton administration strengthened FISA to a degree that was unprecedented. Specifically, Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick called for increased restrictions on information-sharing between intelligence (CIA) and law-enforcement (FBI) agencies. In a 1995 memo to then-FBI Director Louis Freeh and U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White, titled “Instructions on Separation of Certain Foreign Counterintelligence and Criminal Investigations,” Gorelick wrote the following:

“We believe that it is prudent to establish a set of instructions that will more clearly separate the counterintelligence investigation from the more limited, but continued, criminal investigations. These procedures, which go beyond what is legally required, will prevent any risk of creating an unwarranted appearance that FISA is being used to avoid procedural safeguards which would apply in a criminal investigation.”

It should be noted that when Gorelick penned the aforementioned memo, President Clinton was extremely worried about ongoing FBI and CIA investigations into illegal Chinese contributions that had been made to his presidential campaign. Both the FBI and the CIA were churning up evidence damaging to the Democratic Party, its fundraisers, the Chinese, and ultimately the Clinton administration itself. It was also a period when the FBI had begun to systematically investigate weapons-technology theft by foreign powers, most notably Russia and China. Had FBI agents been able to confirm China's theft of such technology -- or its transfer of that technology to nations like Pakistan, Iran and Syria -- Clinton would have been forced by law and international treaty to react (and to thereby jeopardize the future flow of Chinese money into his political coffers)."
The Wall of Separation between Law-Enforcement and Intelligence - Discover the Networks

He and his crooked wife should be in arm and leg-irons!

No one ever claimed Billy was a saint, and surely this test could be written about any number of any party of members of our woeful politics. Here's a trick question who killed more innocent people Bush/Cheney or Clinton/Gore? Provide facts if you answer.

Thousands of preventable deaths with the Bush boy wonder at the helm, or near it, in reality; yet Clinton remains on the brain of the far right. THAT is sad.

You mean that you never noticed how infamy is difficult to forget?

You must be one of those dyslexics who got bad grades in school, but never realized it.

Nope, nor did I care for Clinton. His immorality is a big - for me.

A fact free analysis, yes. :eek:

"fact free"....?

Ain't it great when a brainless know-nothing, such as yourself, pretends some level of expertise by inserting a vapid comment, and then wanders off....

Care to try to zero in on any that you 'think' ( I use that word in only the most generous fashion) are imaginary?

Republicans turned his adultery into The Monica Show. Had HE controlled his base impulses however, there would have been no years of distraction. Both he & the impeachment hounds are despicable.

No one ever claimed Billy was a saint, and surely this test could be written about any number of any party of members of our woeful politics. Here's a trick question who killed more innocent people Bush/Cheney or Clinton/Gore? Provide facts if you answer.

Obviously Bush/Cheney, but that does not Clinton appear "great".

So what did Yugoslavia ever do to us?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpkajtILTOc]NATO bombings of Yugoslavia - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back