The Clinton-Biden Switcheroo

MuadDib

He's called The Stig
Apr 16, 2012

By Stephen Moore

Published June 04, 2012
The Wall Street Journal

The whispers in Washington of a jobs trade between Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are getting louder. This rumor started in 2010 after Democrats got wiped out in the midterm elections, and it has persisted ever since.

Under this scenario, President Obama or some surrogate would ask Vice President Biden to trade places with Secretary of State Clinton for the good of the party. Clinton would thus become Obama's running mate in the fall. At least two senior Democrats who are not involved with the re-election campaign have suggested the switch as a way to breathe new life into the Democratic ticket.

As one former high-ranking Democrat in Congress tells me: "Joe would have to willingly take the job at State. He couldn't be seen as dumped from the ticket." Asked why it makes sense, he said, "Have you looked at Hillary's approval ratings?"

Read more: The Clinton-Biden Switcheroo | Fox News

I think even this is too late to save Obama's presidency and I have serious doubts that Hillary would play second fiddle to him.

They're on the right track...but they should aim higher.

An Obama-Hillary switcheroo might have the desired effect.

That would be a better ticket. At least Hillary has a brain, even if it's a Liberal one. I generally give Bill high marks for his handling of the economy, but he should be exiled for the AWB.

---------This does make sense in a couple of different ways. It would energize the base, especially those Hillaryphiles who have felt cheated since 2008. Also it would make Hillary the incumbant in 2016 which is very important as can you imagine anyone voting for "Plugs" Biden in the next election? The problem is convincing Hillary to play 2nd fiddle to the amateur for another 4 years, even as Sec. of State she had her own authority which would evoporate as VP.

Last edited:

That would be a better ticket. At least Hillary has a brain, even if it's a Liberal one. I generally give Bill high marks for his handling of the economy, but he should be exiled for the AWB.

---------Bill Clinton might be another reason why Hillary does not go for the move. I sure she would have better control over Bill's access to the female staff as POTUS, however until she gets the office Bill might be able to score with her Pages.

---------Bill Clinton might be another reason why Hillary does not go for the move. I sure she would have better control over Bill's access to the female staff as POTUS, however until she gets the office Bill might be able to score with her Pages.

Bill doesn't seem to like the Obama. He's referred to him as an amateur and called Romney's performance at Bain "stellar". I suspect he's advised Hillary not to do it and that SoS will be her last political office.

By Stephen Moore

Published June 04, 2012
The Wall Street Journal

The whispers in Washington of a jobs trade between Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are getting louder. This rumor started in 2010 after Democrats got wiped out in the midterm elections, and it has persisted ever since.

Under this scenario, President Obama or some surrogate would ask Vice President Biden to trade places with Secretary of State Clinton for the good of the party. Clinton would thus become Obama's running mate in the fall. At least two senior Democrats who are not involved with the re-election campaign have suggested the switch as a way to breathe new life into the Democratic ticket.

As one former high-ranking Democrat in Congress tells me: "Joe would have to willingly take the job at State. He couldn't be seen as dumped from the ticket." Asked why it makes sense, he said, "Have you looked at Hillary's approval ratings?"

I think even this is too late to save Obama's presidency and I have serious doubts that Hillary would play second fiddle to him.

Obama still leads Romney in most polls and has a huge electoral advantage.

And that's before people start asking themselves, "Who is Mitt Romney, anyway?"

When they find out, "Creepy Mormon asshole who made his money screwing working folks", it ain't going to be good to be Romney.

That said, swapping Biden with Clinton would have some merit.

First, Biden really would be too old to run in 2016. Hillary would be a leading candidate regardless.

She probably one of the most capable people in government. The most important consideration for choosing a vice president was the one Bill Clinton used when he picked Al Gore. - He might actually die in office and he needs someone who can do the job.

Obama would never want a VP that can be more effective and is quite a bit smarter than he is. His narcissistic personality disorder won't allow it. Hillary would make a much better VP than he is POTUS.

Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

Have excessive feelings of self-importance

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Need constant attention and admiration

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

Have obsessive self-interest

Pursue mainly selfish goals

Narcissistic personality disorder - PubMed Health

By Stephen Moore

Published June 04, 2012
The Wall Street Journal

Obama still leads Romney in most polls and has a huge electoral advantage.

And that's before people start asking themselves, "Who is Mitt Romney, anyway?"

When they find out, "Creepy Mormon asshole who made his money screwing working folks", it ain't going to be good to be Romney.

That said, swapping Biden with Clinton would have some merit.

First, Biden really would be too old to run in 2016. Hillary would be a leading candidate regardless.

She probably one of the most capable people in government. The most important consideration for choosing a vice president was the one Bill Clinton used when he picked Al Gore. - He might actually die in office and he needs someone who can do the job.

It's not going to happen.

The only people talking about it is the right.

Romney's is in dire straits are the moment too. He hasn't only been flip flopping lately..but fabricating complete lies. They are not even good ones. The lastest being some kind of imagined investigation that implicated Obama giving "friends and family" at Solyndra government funding. Fortunately the media caught that one.

The only reason Biden got the gig in the first place was Obama told his VP Selection Committee to give him a list of all the "People who make me look smart and effective" and Biden was the only name on the list

Obama might have to put Rdean or FrancoWTF in place of Biden

The only reason Biden got the gig in the first place was Obama told his VP Selection Committee to give him a list of all the "People who make me look smart and effective" and Biden was the only name on the list

Obama might have to put Rdean or FrancoWTF in place of Biden

Yeah, Biden set the bar pretty low.

Forum List

Back