The Clean Debate Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
...is a cool idea, but if it is only going to be full of the usual abuse, what's the point of it?

Most posters seem to make a bit of an effort to be civil in the Clean Debate Zone, but as on this thread, you get one poster stalking and spamming and it seems to render the whole concept pointless, doesn't it?

How are comments like:

Intermediate,

Please stop making ridiculously ignorant statements.

Clean Debate?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/247117-my-thoughts-on-the-islamic-world.html

Unkatore proved you wrong and rather than debate about it, you attempted to discredit him by falsely accusing him of spamming.

Unkatore proved you wrong and rather than debate about it, you attempted to discredit him by falsely accusing him of spamming.

Ah-ha.

Somehow I don't think posting endless whiny statements like "Just because you've been to Egypt you think you're special" qualifies as making a point, let alone proving anyone wrong.

Last edited:

Ah-ha.

Somehow I don't think posting endless whiny statements like "Just because you've been to Egypt you think you're special" qualifies as making a point, let alone proving anyone wrong.

If you're going to use quotation marks, you should be quoting my exact words. You have not done that above. Maybe they'll cover that in your next course.

...is a cool idea, but if it is only going to be full of the usual abuse, what's the point of it?

Most posters seem to make a bit of an effort to be civil in the Clean Debate Zone, but as on this thread, you get one poster stalking and spamming and it seems to render the whole concept pointless, doesn't it?

How are comments like:

Intermediate,

Clean Debate?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/247117-my-thoughts-on-the-islamic-world.html

Use the report button, the one with the red flag. One repeat offender confirmed that her uncivil posts merely get removed and she never gets official warnings, so the "three strikes and you're out of the CDZ" rule described when the forum was started might be moot.

But at least you might be able to get rid of some of the most distracting incivility and hopefully save your threads from being totally derailed.

How are comments like:

Intermediate,

Clean Debate?

You aren't supposed to whine about the CDZ on the open forums. You are supposed to whine quitely, out of sight, to a moderator. I suggest The Doctor is IN. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back