The Clashing Cultures of U.S. & Mexico

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Adam's Apple, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    America vs. Mexico: Clashing Civilizations
    By Frosty Wooldridge, The American Daily
    2/27/07

Anyone understand why Mexicans fail at a successful civilization? Ever wonder why millions of them invade the United States in search of a better life? Have you noticed that once they arrive, they create the same kind of 'society' in the United States? Unconsciously, they recreate the same condition that they left behind. Have you ever heard of the expression, "You can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy"?

for full article:
    http://www.americandaily.com/article/17819

2. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Mexicans 'fail' at civilization? That website was lunacy.

3. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    More like we fail at teaching them our lifestyle in this country. I know a lot of people don't agree with my way of thinking but I am well traveled and I found that living in harmony with your guest is easier than being a lone wolf doing it your own way.

4. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,889
    The only qualification you need to be an illegal alien entering the United States - a qualification common to all 20 million of the ones here today - is a willingness to break U.S. law. The aliens who don't want to do that, are still in their native countries.

And we're surprised that a lot of the illegals break more laws once they're here?

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Because... Mexico is a great civilization?

6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    So evidently you disagree with this sentence from the article: "Mexico’s civilization stands diametrically opposed to America’s culture. Both countries manifest different ways of thinking and operating."

Want to enlighten us all on how that is not a true statement? Or for that matter, anything in the article that is contrary to known facts?

7. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Yes I disagree. Mexicans are trying desperately to get work to support themselves, even illegally entering the US for shitty low-wage jobs risking deprtation and jail time. Hmm, what would you do to support your family? Struggle to find work any way you could? Basically I am saying Mexicans have families and kids, and care about each other and are willing to work hard... is that opposed to US thinking? Mexico has many religious people, is that opposed to US thinking?

They are not the same country, but like people in Canada, ISrael, Russia, Egypt, people are trying to raise a family, work, have a good life. That seems similar to me in terms of 'thinking and operating'.

Also, the article was not exactlt a list of facts... morelike a rant and a slightly racist one at that. Show me some 'facts' from the article and I'll happily disagree or agree as the truth allows.

8. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Either a great civilization or total failure?
    Well, lets see... I would submit there is a civilization in Mexico. But I disagree that it automatically means it's 'great'. Too much poverty, and corruption. Like US, Canada, Israel, Egypt, Russia, etc. every country...

And really, any statement that begins stating 'all Mexicans' is like stating 'all Americans' or 'all women' or 'I haven't really rsearched thousands of people but my gut tells me that...'

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    The best!
    Kind of like why did they put a fence around the cemetery?
    Because everyone was dying to get in:eusa_dance:

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708

Dang, if the wages and jobs are so "shitty" (as you put it) why bother? Oh I get it, you want us to make the jobs and wages even better thsu encouraging even MORE illegals to enter! Maybe we should just let the illegals just pass through and go to Canada; maybe they have less "shitty" wages and jobs. Heck, Canada has socialized medicine already anyway! I am sure our neighbors to the north won't mind having Spanish as a national language.