The Clash Begins

So says the real terrorists apologist.
If the same thing was going on here in America.

We would be rounding them up and putting them in jail.

I believe in law and order. Don't you?

"The protestors" have been walking quietly through the streets for the past week-no weapons. No, they wouldn't be arrested here, not for marching-happens every day in DC and major cities in US.
Your article said there was a bomb blast at the Tehran shrine of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini

That moves the protesters into the terrorist category.

The Iranian government has the legitimate right to protect it's citizens from criminals and terrorists.

The protesters are now becomming terrorists.

The Iranian government needs to treat them like the criminals they are.

Clearly you do not understand the meaning of 'terrorist'. Suggest you look it up before bandying the word around without due consideration. In Iran, terrorism is sponsored by the state and often against their own people.

If the same thing was going on here in America.

We would be rounding them up and putting them in jail.

I believe in law and order. Don't you?

"The protestors" have been walking quietly through the streets for the past week-no weapons. No, they wouldn't be arrested here, not for marching-happens every day in DC and major cities in US.
Your article said there was a bomb blast at the Tehran shrine of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini

That moves the protesters into the terrorist category.

The Iranian government has the legitimate right to protect it's citizens from criminals and terrorists.

First it must be shown that the regime didn't perpetrate this themselves, as they have in the past against the shah.

Clearly you do not understand the meaning of 'terrorist'. Suggest you look it up before bandying the word around without due consideration. In Iran, terrorism is sponsored by the state and often against their own people.
Iran doesn't sponsor terrorism.

In fact Iran is the victim of terrorist activity by Iraq and other U.S. sponsored groups.

Iran is a democracy and a vital member of the world community.

In fact Iran is the victim of terrorist activity by Iraq and other U.S. sponsored groups.

:cuckoo:: Just saying Hezbollah and Hamas.

:muahaha:

Another indoctrinated Islamist!

:cuckoo:: Just saying Hezbollah and Hamas.
Both Hezbollah and Hamas are legitimate political organizations elected democratically in Lebanon and Gaza.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes and the police beating the shit out of people in the streets of Tehran for peacefully protesting goes to prove this.........:cuckoo:

More is coming out. This is very graphic, don't watch if you have a problem with blood:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyomeeUnwQ]YouTube - Iran - 20.06.2009 - Girl got shot![/ame]

More is coming out. This is very graphic, don't watch if you have a problem with blood:

YouTube - Iran - 20.06.2009 - Girl got shot!

I must be missing something...what is the point of showing this or even having this discussion?

Are we somehow amazed that protestors are being killed in Iran? Did we for some reason think of Iran as a wonderful democracy where this could never happen?

Iran is a third world country with an oppressive government. Maybe things will turn around for them.

I must be missing something...what is the point of showing this or even having this discussion?

Are we somehow amazed that protestors are being killed in Iran? Did we for some reason think of Iran as a wonderful democracy where this could never happen?

Iran is a third world country with an oppressive government. Maybe things will turn around for them.

I believe its pretty disturbing that people are dying in the streets for protesting peacefully. Maybe you think its perfectly acceptable or excusable because Iran has an oppressive government.

I believe its pretty disturbing that people are dying in the streets for protesting peacefully. Maybe you think its perfectly acceptable or excusable because Iran has an oppressive government.

Actually, I don't. I don't find it acceptable or excusable for many of the oppressive governments around the world to do what they do (i.e. China in Tibet), however the current situation in Iran is no different then what goes on in many different countries.

Actually, I don't. I don't find it acceptable or excusable for many of the oppressive governments around the world to do what they do (i.e. China in Tibet), however the current situation in Iran is no different then what goes on in many different countries.

So because it happens around the world we should turn a blind eye to it. Especially since, Iran is so irrelevant on the world stage.....:rolleyes:

So because it happens around the world we should turn a blind eye to it. Especially since, Iran is so irrelevant on the world stage.....:rolleyes:

Actually, I am not saying that. I am actually wondering why we are discussing this with such earnest, yet not discussing human rights violations everywhere else in the world.

I'm willing to discuss all of them and not turn a blind eye to any of them.

Forum List

Back