The civil rights of homosexuals

The pursuit of happiness is granted, not happiness itself.
Even heterosexuals cannot marry somebody of the same sex, regardless of how happy it might make them.

Nice. SO, homosexuals cannot marry the person they choose... since that means by definition they are attracted to member sof the same sex, non?

Right-wingers should be all over kicking the government 'out of the nation's bedrooms', as it were, in this case... unless it's just a case of prejudice towards a sexual orientation?

Sorry, but marriage isn't about "the bedroom", and frankly, I'm disturbed by your twisted view on the institution. Besides, we aren't talking about who you live with or sleep with, which I don't believe anyone is clamoring to get involved with. We're talking about which relationships the government recognizes and legally sanctions, and how the hell do you kick the government out of the government taking an action? How does THAT work?

As long as everybody is treated the same in the law, it's not a civil rights violation.
I love my children, I can't marry either them.
I love my brother, I can't marry him.
I love my sister, I can't marry her.
I love my parents, I can't marry either of them.
A marriage between me and any of the above falls into all three categories you mentioned.
Me not being allowed to marry any of them is not a violation of my civil rights.

There is another that I love deeply and passionately, and she loves me the same way. We can't get married either. But it's for different reasons that I cannot share here.

So, as long as gay people cannot marry their siblings or parents or children - you're in the same boat. The difference is they can't marry their chosen mate, while you can.

Oooh, warm fuzzies. They can't marry their "chosen mate", it's so cruel, ::sob, sob::

Show me the specific citation in law that allows anyone to "marry their chosen mate". I'd be fascinated to see a law written like a bad romance novel.

Hey, nobody's perfect. I grew up with athsma, a condition so bad it's even hard to spell. And then I also suffer from anxiety, which of course can be lessened with medication, exercise, proper nutrition, and comedy.

Can homosexuality, if genetic, be cured? If it's a genetic thing (like most gays assert), then perhaps it can be fixed in vitro. That may sound arrogant to say, but what if it could be treated in vitro?

Why wasn't your "athsma" cured in vitro?

Because we don't even know how to cure asthma in born people yet. I also don't think asthma is something you're born with, or genetic, although I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back