The Civil Rights Movement 2.0

What the hell are you talking about, bro?
I wasnt talking to you so you wouldnt understand what I said.

Yeah, but this is a message board and I am privy to the conversation you were having, and you seem far detached from reality
I'm pretty sure a lot of things seem to be a certain way to you. That however, has nothing to do with reality.
You are correct...you have nothing to do with reality.
Wouldn't that make you insane for insisting on talking to me?
I’m talking down to you.

I believe that we're currently living in another civil rights movement.

I believe it started with the Trayvon Martin killing.

I believe it took hold during President Barack Hussein Obama's Administration, and I believe it ramped up and will continue to ramp up during President Donald Trump's Administration.

We've come a long way, but we've got a long way to go.
Dats right!

American is so so so racist that we may never have a black President

I wasnt talking to you so you wouldnt understand what I said.

Yeah, but this is a message board and I am privy to the conversation you were having, and you seem far detached from reality
I'm pretty sure a lot of things seem to be a certain way to you. That however, has nothing to do with reality.
I’m talking down to you.

Wouldn't that make you insane for insisting on talking down to me?

I’m talking down to you.

Wouldn't that make you insane for insisting on talking down to me?
Huh?
Another failed attempt by AssLips to be witty.

I believe it took hold during President Barack Hussein Obama's Administration, and I believe it ramped up and will continue to ramp up during President Donald Trump's Administration.

I agree. More successful Blacks are waking up from the illusion of racial peace as well. I only hope we learn from the past and prevent whites from infiltrating our ranks and reporting back to those wishing to destroy any movements.
Lol @ our ranks....you're an embarrassment

What victories have yet to be won in your opinion? What does the finish line look like?
Thank you for this post.

It is nice to have a discussion rather than a debate.

I have noticed this post has been summarily ignored, though an answer was intimated in another post;

Equal treatment, ripping down of the vestiges of white supremacy, harsh penalties for the violation of the two previous, that's for starters.

In the previous civil rights movement, the goals were more quantitative than qualitative;

The civil rights movement was a "freedom struggle" by African Americans in the 1950s and 1960s to gain equality. The goals of the movement were freedom from discrimination; equal opportunity in employment, education, and housing; the right to vote; and equal access to public facilities.
Civil Rights Movement | Encyclopedia.com

If we are to accept the premise of the OP, and have a useful discussion that is not subjective, I think we need some measures of success, otherwise, it will probably turn into a pissing contest.

Equal treatment? By whom?

The State sanctioned policies? Official Corporate policies? Or by the In-Group? Do we judge the success or failure of these policies by statistical analyses and material benefits gained by group identification? Or does this create more animosities and a false sense of success, further dividing our nation rather than uniting it?

Philosophically and socially, can different cultural groups be socially engineered to change their world view and social habits?
http://groups.psych.northwestern.edu/spcl/documents/Richeson_SommersAR16.pdf

White supremacy?

It would seem that some of the posters on the other side of this discussion are advocates for black nationalism or other forms of ethnic nationalism. If separating different out-groups by ethnicity creates balkanization within the context of society, how can we hope to combat any type of "ethnic supremacy" views through out the culture at large?

So with out any clear definitions, or way to objectively measure such metrics, how can harsh penalties be meted out?

I agree. More successful Blacks are waking up from the illusion of racial peace as well. I only hope we learn from the past and prevent whites from infiltrating our ranks and reporting back to those wishing to destroy any movements.
Our ranks? Dont be embarrassed. Its not your fault youre less intelligent. It is your fault you havent tried to better yourself though.

Dats right!

In your mind, does having a black President instantly erase racism?

And you say this as if you voted for and/or supported him.

You are aware that only self-proclaimed conservatives make this absurd claim...right?

57844025.jpg

Last edited:

Got to go with Rocko here...what are you expecting? A black man was elected president...twice.

A black man was leader of the RNC.

A black woman and a black man were Secretaries of State under a Republican President.

A black man just won the Republican primary for U.S. Senator in Michigan. (Corrected...thanks MisterBeale )

What exactly are you looking for?

The fact is...and I'm shooting you straight here...black men have an image problem of their own making.

Black men are 7% of the population but account for over 50% of murders and almost 40% of overall violent crime.*

And inner city black culture glorifies crime and vilifies law enforcement to the point even good people are afraid to identify criminals for fear of retribution. I remember clearly the graffiti on the walls of Ferguson, Missouri...Snitches get Stitches.

BuwmeeHIAAAzk_T

I'm not saying this to hurt anyone. I'm not even saying it is fair that these generalizations are applied across the board...but fair or not, when you open the paper every day to a front page story with a black guys mugshot staring you square in the face, it leaves an indelible impression. The next civil rights movement should start with a gaze inward, not outward.

These are just the opinions of one person...take them or leave them.

* edited, had that wrong the first time...it's 52% of murders and 38.5% of overall violent crime. It's all black offenders, not just black men...but as it is well known females offenders constitute only a fraction of violent criminal offenders, the 7% figure is accurate...here is the link: FactCheck: do black Americans commit more crime?

Last edited:

It's official: OP is a moron.

What else can be expected from an inbred redbone Atlanta dweller?

It ain't like we don't have y'alls number here down south. We been seeing y'all for a while now.

Our ranks? Dont be embarrassed. Its not your fault youre less intelligent. It is your fault you havent tried to better yourself though.
Youre...I’m returning the favor.

Dats right!

In your mind, does having a black President instantly erase racism?

And you say this as if you voted for and/or supported him.

You are aware that only self-proclaimed conservatives make this absurd claim, right?

Racism without any consequences is just whining. So you want to eradicate whining?

Whatever, sock. I'll play along with your fictional narrative

White boy deflection. What does sock have to do with anything? If I am a sock prove it.

White boy deflection. What does sock have to do with anything? If I am a sock prove it.
You have already proven it yourself several thousand times.

Forum List

Back