The City of Detroit

I hear its bad in Cleveland right now, I just don't get how we can give billions of dollars to countries like Egypt and Pakistan while our own cities are rotting from the inside out.:doubt:

money isn't the issue. Character is.

We need people working hard. Not sitting around waiting for jobs, but getting out and taking initiative.

We need people being honest. Keeping their word. Eliminating corruption in their lives.

We need people willing toe ducate themselves and each other.

In essence, we need people taking personal responsibility for themselves. Everyone wants to blame someone else. Everyone wants someone else to fix the problems in their life. If there is a problem in your life, Fix it yourself. Then work on the problems in your family.

We blame the government, but who elected the government? The people. The problem isnt with the government. its with the people who elect the government. If you fix the people, you will fix the government. But that requires that people stand up and work.

I understand that but the unemployment rates in cities like Cleveland and Detroit are very high, do you think people in those cities want to be poor?

Without a second of hesitation....yes.
Absolutely there is a significant population of people who choose poverty over working. Choose fun over education, drugs over sobriety, amorality over morality, ignoring their children over caring for their children. etc. etc.

Yes...they want to be poor because they choose to be poor.

I hear its bad in Cleveland right now, I just don't get how we can give billions of dollars to countries like Egypt and Pakistan while our own cities are rotting from the inside out.:doubt:

money isn't the issue. Character is.

We need people working hard. Not sitting around waiting for jobs, but getting out and taking initiative.

We need people being honest. Keeping their word. Eliminating corruption in their lives.

We need people willing toe ducate themselves and each other.

In essence, we need people taking personal responsibility for themselves. Everyone wants to blame someone else. Everyone wants someone else to fix the problems in their life. If there is a problem in your life, Fix it yourself. Then work on the problems in your family.

We blame the government, but who elected the government? The people. The problem isnt with the government. its with the people who elect the government. If you fix the people, you will fix the government. But that requires that people stand up and work.

I understand that but the unemployment rates in cities like Cleveland and Detroit are very high, do you think people in those cities want to be poor?

Money isn't important. People are. Character is.

The people aren't adapting. They aren't learning. They arent teaching each other. They aren't lifting one another.

Money is a side issue.

:lol::lol:
I have a bit of experience with the city having lived there from the late 80s to 2003 almost continually. The city has been dying since White Flight. Even back in the 90s when the auto industry was booming, the city was crumbling. Coleman Young did the city no favors alienating the 'burbs, either. Archer was feckless because he refused to play into the network of corruption Young established.

In the late 80s and all of the 90s, the only persons out and about in the city after 5:30 PM were the residents who stayed in their houses, criminals, and cops, for the most part.

And the residents of Detroit voted these folks into office.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whites have been leaving Detroit since the 70's and they picked up the pace when blacks took control of the city. Didn't have anything to do with Coleman .. had everything to do with black people taking control of the city.

Detroit was doing just fine without being a majority white city as long as the auto industry was still hiring and employing people.

Did Coleman trash the entire state of Michigan? Are you somehow unaware of similar problems that affect the entire state?

Are you unaware that whites in Michigan and elsewhere are in the same boat and suffering from inemployment just like everybody else?
Really? Detroit was doing fine while the auto industry was booming?

I wonder why their population kept going down, then.

I wonder why that decrease in population causing less federal support was so tragic for a municipality that was supposed to be healthy - as in being able to support itself. It couldn't and it can't.

I wonder why there was so much fodder (abandonded houses) for Devil's Night for so many years.

Detroit elected corruption and Detroit reaped the consequences of it.

It's been dying for decades. The 'burbs, not so much until the auto industry failure. Now the entire region is a failure. The auto industry failure is the last breath for a city struggling to survive a sucking chest wound for decades.

... even more ridiculous.

Detroit's Decline Did Not Begin with the '67 Riots

"The Interstate Highway Act of 1956 created modern America and provided the hole in the dyke that led to Detroit‘s depopulation and decline. Detroit lobbied hard for a highway system to promote car ownership. Americans could only go so far without roads. The new system would open up the country. Americans could travel everywhere in their automobiles. This new freedom would mean more profits for the auto industry. Consumers would feel the need to purchase vehicles as status symbols and for the freedom of mobility the highways created.

Opening the nation to car travel also opened areas outside the major cities for settlement. People could go to work in the city and live in the suburbs or country. Americans did not have to live in apartments in crowded, dirty cities. Instead, they could live in homes they themselves owned in clean surroundings. There would be elbow room, privacy, and backyard barbeques. This especially appealed to those parents responsible for the baby boom. Many Detroiters and began moving to cleaner suburban pastures."

"Detroit’s demise did not begin with racial issues in the aftermath of the riots. It did not begin with economic stagnation or the shipping of jobs overseas. It did not begin because of bad deals cut between the UAW and G. M., Ford, and Chrysler. Instead, it began because people wanted their own homes on their own plots of land. The Interstate Highway System gave us Modern America. It created soccer moms, minivans, and the world of Leave it to Beaver. However, it also opened a Pandora’s Box which began the decline of America’s fourth largest city."
Detroit's Decline Did Not Begin with the '67 Riots - National American history | Examiner.com

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whites have been leaving Detroit since the 70's and they picked up the pace when blacks took control of the city. Didn't have anything to do with Coleman .. had everything to do with black people taking control of the city.

Detroit was doing just fine without being a majority white city as long as the auto industry was still hiring and employing people.

Did Coleman trash the entire state of Michigan? Are you somehow unaware of similar problems that affect the entire state?

Are you unaware that whites in Michigan and elsewhere are in the same boat and suffering from inemployment just like everybody else?

I wonder why that decrease in population causing less federal support was so tragic for a municipality that was supposed to be healthy - as in being able to support itself. It couldn't and it can't.

I wonder why there was so much fodder (abandonded houses) for Devil's Night for so many years.

It's been dying for decades. The 'burbs, not so much until the auto industry failure. Now the entire region is a failure. The auto industry failure is the last breath for a city struggling to survive a sucking chest wound for decades.

"The Interstate Highway Act of 1956 created modern America and provided the hole in the dyke that led to Detroit‘s depopulation and decline. Detroit lobbied hard for a highway system to promote car ownership. Americans could only go so far without roads. The new system would open up the country. Americans could travel everywhere in their automobiles. This new freedom would mean more profits for the auto industry. Consumers would feel the need to purchase vehicles as status symbols and for the freedom of mobility the highways created.

Opening the nation to car travel also opened areas outside the major cities for settlement. People could go to work in the city and live in the suburbs or country. Americans did not have to live in apartments in crowded, dirty cities. Instead, they could live in homes they themselves owned in clean surroundings. There would be elbow room, privacy, and backyard barbeques. This especially appealed to those parents responsible for the baby boom. Many Detroiters and began moving to cleaner suburban pastures."

"Detroit’s demise did not begin with racial issues in the aftermath of the riots. It did not begin with economic stagnation or the shipping of jobs overseas. It did not begin because of bad deals cut between the UAW and G. M., Ford, and Chrysler. Instead, it began because people wanted their own homes on their own plots of land. The Interstate Highway System gave us Modern America. It created soccer moms, minivans, and the world of Leave it to Beaver. However, it also opened a Pandora’s Box which began the decline of America’s fourth largest city."
Detroit's Decline Did Not Begin with the '67 Riots - National American history | Examiner.com

Don't let Boston, NYC, the District, San Fran, etc. - all surrounded with interstates - know that they are dead urban areas, too.

:eusa_shhh:

Don't let Boston, NYC, the District, San Fran, etc. - all surrounded with interstates - know that they are dead urban areas, too.

They're already finding that out for themselves .. and guess what? All those areas where whites ran to escape Detroit to .. are suffering just as badly.

Of course you can tell them it's Coleman Young's fault.

.. of course I now live in Atlanta .. democratic control for a lot of years .. lots of black people, in fact the majority .. still building, still booming.

If American cars were still being sold, Detroit would still be a great place to live.

Doesn't take rocket science intellgence to figure that out.

They're already finding that out for themselves .. and guess what? All those areas where whites ran to escape Detroit to .. are suffering just as badly.

.. of course I now live in Atlanta .. democratic control for a lot of years .. lots of black people, in fact the majority .. still building, still booming.

If American cars were still being sold, Detroit would still be a great place to live.

Nor does it take rocket science to know that the city of Detroit as been dying a slow death for decades.

Nor does it take rocket science to know that the city of Detroit as been dying a slow death for decades.

America has been dying a slow death for years.

Guess you ran out of argument.

You guess wrong.

Perhaps you can let us know why Boston, NYC, San Fran and other urban areas are thriving?

You guess wrong.

Perhaps you can let us know why Boston, NYC, San Fran and other urban areas are thriving?

WOW .. seriously?

How about none of them have invested their entire economies on one industry .. that is now failing? None of them are completely dependent on manufacturing.

Too much to digest?

How many American industrial manufacturing cities are booming?

You guess wrong.

WOW .. seriously?

How about none of them have invested their entire economies on one industry .. that is now failing? None of them are completely dependent on manufacturing.

Too much to digest?

How many American industrial manufacturing cities are booming?
You're really going to hang onto that, aren't you?

One more time: The city of Detroit was already suffering a sucking chest wound when the auto industry was booming.

That would be a fail on your part, along with your attempt to claim that the interstates were the reason Detroit is failing.

If it's so important for you to win, then that's fine by me. Look, I like Detroit but my emotions do not keep me from an objective analysis.

Last edited:
And the Democrats wish to turn the rest of this Republic into a friggin cesspool like Detroit...and other BLUE areas that they have had a strangle hold on.

Doesn't matter what they want to do or dont want to do.

The question is, what will we do?

Don't forget the billions we give to Israel for no reason whatsoever.
I guess the fact that they are a stable democracy and ally and friend to the United States in an area that is unstable has nothing to do with it?

Last edited:
And the Democrats wish to turn the rest of this Republic into a friggin cesspool like Detroit...and other BLUE areas that they have had a strangle hold on.

Doesn't matter what they want to do or dont want to do.

The question is, what will we do?

Why fight it of course. Hold people accountable. Immerse ourselves into thier defeat, inform others... before the Republic itself is defeated.

Let's see. So far we have blamed Democrats, one party rule, corruption, Islam, blacks and drug laws.

How about a few factors that we have not yet discussed, like the loss of manufacturing jobs? The degradation of public education? Poverty?

O wait...those are harder to address and don't advance anyone's agenda. Nevermind.

Acually you could make the argument that the Dem controlled unions destroyed manufacturing jobs and the auto industry.That would be an agenda....

Forum List

Back