The city of Charleston South Carolina formally apologizes for its role in slavery

First a formal acknowledgment of the wrong committed, then an apology.

A step in the right direction....
How can someone apologize for something they had no part in? They are just pandering and you gobbled it up like a dummy. :laugh:

It's actually petty easy. Other countries have done it.

Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC)

And since you're still doing it.....
That doesnt answer my question, but you already knew that. You have no argument.
That does answer your question. You do it like Canada did. It wasnt an argument. It was direction.
Does everything go over your head? You people have low IQs. :laugh:

If my IQ is 1 yours is 0.

How can someone apologize for something they had no part in? They are just pandering and you gobbled it up like a dummy. :laugh:

That doesnt answer my question, but you already knew that. You have no argument.
That does answer your question. You do it like Canada did. It wasnt an argument. It was direction.
Does everything go over your head? You people have low IQs. :laugh:
Youre just mad you were too stupid to understand direction.

You people are recessive and smell like wet dog.
laugh.gif

Apparently I did answer it and I do have an argument. You however, do not.

You boys STILL dont understand my question? Why am i not surprised? :laugh:

The answer to your question is in the article so if you don't know the answer that means either you didn't read it or you don't understand it.

And claiming at this point that it was rhetorical is not credible since you're arguing about it.

We understand your question just like we understand your simian brain cant comprehend the answer.
laugh.gif

That episode in American history happened over 150 years ago.

Time to get a grip and move on? .... :cool:

A few people off of Red Dirt Road apologized for the fact that 160 years ago there was a plantation there with slaves. It is now a suburban subdivision of more than 300 white upper class palatial homes. They feel guilty, but they still own their land and houses, earn the money, and have minorities cutting the grass.
Blacks in America Have Never Been Treated Worse Than They Deserved

The Limousine Liberals don't feel guilty about anything; they are power-hungry snobs who want to forcibly persuade the rest of us to feel guilty.

The answer to your question is in the article so if you don't know the answer that means either you didn't read it or you don't understand it.

And claiming at this point that it was rhetorical is not credible since you're arguing about it.
How can a person apologize for something they didnt do? Answer the question.

We understand your question just like we understand your simian brain cant comprehend the answer.
laugh.gif
Hey, I'm not the one who comes from people who have low IQs. If you weren't so dumb, youd pay closer attention when I speak to you.

Charleston formally apologizes for its role in slavery

A southern city is formally apologizing for its dark past.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

charleston-slavery-history-03-ap-jc-180620_hpEmbed_12x13_992.jpg
AP
As an African, have you apologized for your role in slavery?

Slavery in Africa - Wikipedia

How can a person apologize for something they didnt do? Answer the question.
Why do parents apologize on behalf of their children?
Parents are responsible for their children, but no one alive is responsible for slavery, except for Africans because they STILL practice slavery.
And when their grown children do something horrible like commit a mass shooting or something equally horrible, the parents/family still often will apologize to the family of the affected victims. They didn't commit the crime yet they still apologize on behalf of their errant offspring or family member.

It is presumably because most good people recognize when something unspeakably horrible is done that harms others and it gives them twinges of discomfort. Lots of people can ignore those feelings but some acknowledge them, speak out and in some cases work to attempt to make amends for the harm that was caused.

If you still don't understand then reverse engineer the situation, none of this could have occurrd without the legalization of slavery and the enforcement of the laws by the government. The city of Charleston is a governmental body which played a part in the destruction that occurred. It hurts them in no way to apologize for the human rights violations that the city as a government body engaged in.

The fact that you all take exception to the apology speaks volumes however.

Forum List

Back