The Cicada's are coming back!

J

janeeng

Time sure does fly! it's been 17 years since those nasty things have been out? Read the article on Yahoo that this is the year they are coming out - great! have something to look forward to. They have got to be just as nasty as a cockroach! guess that's the pleasures of living on the East Coast! Pretty sad though that pediatricians are warning a danger to children though!

Pediatrician Warns Parents About Cicadas

God I hate those bugs ! Don't know if they are going to hatch here in Texas but when thousands of them make that unbearable,pulsating screech IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

I thought it was just the East Coast that those things hatch? have they ever been in Texas before?

yup----been in Colorado too----usually not as many but 1 of them bastards is too many. Heard some last night in fact.:death:

very true Sandy! The skeeters there are big enough to saddle and ride! Cicadas are noisier and more annoying

Gee, I don't mind the things. They are a nuisance but that's about it, I think. I tho't they destroyed certain crops, though. When I was a little girl, when my dad would find one, he'd pick it up & let me hold it to show me they were nothing to be afraid of. I use to hang the skins they shed off my shirt. Good ol' dad.

here is an emerging on. See the skeleton they leave behind?

when_cicadas_attack.jpg

Did we really need to see those ugly damn things??? they give me the creeps!

Im not...but I didnt realize those things were the bugs that left the shells all over the place.

I love the shells they leave on the trees! You can really freak people out with them!

Originally posted by Mummig
I love the shells they leave on the trees! You can really freak people out with them!

Having Jackass for a Husband, I would say that they can be used wisely on him!!! hahahahahah! Wake up to tons of them all over him!

Dont be suprised if you wake up the day after the party wityh them all over you!!

They are starting to come out like crazy here!!!! Woke up this morning and they are all over the new house.AHHHHHHHHHH! They really don't hurt anythig though except for young trees. They are a pain in the ass when they start flying all over though!!!!

Forum List

Back