The CIA's Secret Sites in Somalia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Antiderivative, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Antiderivative

Antiderivative BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    As part of its expanding counterterrorism program in Somalia, the CIA also uses a secret prison buried in the basement of Somalia’s National Security Agency (NSA) headquarters, where prisoners suspected of being Shabab members or of having links to the group are held. Some of the prisoners have been snatched off the streets of Kenya and rendered by plane to Mogadishu. While the underground prison is officially run by the Somali NSA, US intelligence personnel pay the salaries of intelligence agents and also directly interrogate prisoners.

/snip

They took me to this prison, where I have been up to now. I have been here for one year, seven months. I have been interrogated so many times. Interrogated by Somali men and white men. Every day. New faces show up. They have nothing on me. I have never seen a lawyer, never seen an outsider. Only other prisoners, interrogators, guards. Here there is no court or tribunal.’”

The CIA's Secret Sites in Somalia | The Nation

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,873
    Shhh! Don't tell nobody - its a secret...
    :eusa_shhh:
    ‘Top Secret America’: A look at the military’s Joint Special Operations Command
    A look at the military’s Joint Special Operations Command: Created in 1980 but reinvented in recent years, JSOC has grown from 1,800 troops prior to Sept. 11, 2001, to as many as 25,000. It has its own intelligence division, its own drones and reconnaissance planes, even its own dedicated satellites.

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,873
    AU sendin' more troops to counter al-Shabba in Somalia...
    :clap2:
    AU forces in Somalia get 3,000-troop boost
    September 30, 2011 - The African Union Mission for Somalia is getting 3,000 more troops to keep its hold on Mogadishu, but there's no indication that AMISOM will be able to gain control of the country.

4. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    Guess it ain't a secret now

:eusa_shhh:

5. Photonic

Photonic Ad astra!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    They decided what they were going to get when they killed thousands of Americans.

I can't say I'm sorry for those that are truly terrorists.

For those that get in the way, I do not think it is acceptable to treat them the same as the cowards who hide among them.