The CIA is an outmoded expensive dinosaur

Historically, the CIA have been utterly incompetent. It certainly does need to be revamped and the United States certainly needs a real intelligence agency that can operate adequately at the very least.

What you don't know won't hurt you and you don't know a whole hell of a lot about what goes on in Fairfax Virgina and that is how it is supposed to be. Successful intelligence missions are not publicy acknowledged because it would impair future operations and point toward operational procedures and contacts thereby hurting any future operation. You only hear about the failures not about the successes. Hollywood has glamorized the spy game but it is not glamorous at all but hard and dangerous work.

The myth of the CIA "rogue agent" was invented by hollywood. CIA agents are drones supervised by other government employees. They are no smarter or skilled than any other college grad trained by the government bureaucracy. The problem is that everyone thinks the CIA is some kind of super-agency because the ignorant mainstream media has been promoting the myth. Forget every lie hollywood ever told you about the CIA and you might get a handle on the situation.

Spooks are real.

There are no "rogue agents". Only hollywood calls CIA employees "spooks". The CIA consists of specifically trained employees assigned to a field that fits in with their skills. Any Marine or Special Forces Soldier could run rings around a CIA agent in motivation and ability to think on their feet and adjust to new situations. Well paid CIA "field informants" take all the risks. To paraphrase an old Police saying "a CIA agent couldn't find Kate Smith in a phone booth or a spy in the next cubicle".

The myth of the CIA "rogue agent" was invented by hollywood. CIA agents are drones supervised by other government employees. They are no smarter or skilled than any other college grad trained by the government bureaucracy. The problem is that everyone thinks the CIA is some kind of super-agency because the ignorant mainstream media has been promoting the myth. Forget every lie hollywood ever told you about the CIA and you might get a handle on the situation.

Spooks are real.

There are no "rogue agents". Only hollywood calls CIA employees "spooks". The CIA consists of specifically trained employees assigned to a field that fits in with their skills. Any Marine or Special Forces Soldier could run rings around a CIA agent in motivation and ability to think on their feet and adjust to new situations. Well paid CIA "field informants" take all the risks. To paraphrase an old Police saying "a CIA agent couldn't find Kate Smith in a phone booth or a spy in the next cubicle".

A "spook" is not a rogue agent. He is a field agent sometimes used to eliminate threats. In Viet Nam they were used to find and kill Viet Cong Snipers and bombers that were knocking off too many American military in Saigon. One of my dad's best friends was recruited by the CIA for just such a mission. It was a very dangerous assignment. Most of his group was discovered and killed. Later he eliminated threats of spying on our military secrets. I knew him pretty well. Looking at him you would never guess what he did. His "roguishness" only extended to him giving me advice from time to time in my smuggling days...as a favor to my dad. He sort of looked over my shoulder and kept me out of trouble. I would get calls from him once in a while when NOBODY knew where I was and what I was doing. The CIA is not supposed to do their work here in the states but my information says otherwise.

PS...The first time I heard the term "spook" was not from the movies. It was from him.

PPS... The first time I heard the term in a movie was "3 Days of the Condor" released in 1975. I heard the term from "Ben" in 74. I never saw the movie till around 78 on the television.

Last edited:
I would get calls from him once in a while when NOBODY knew where I was and what I was doing. The CIA is not supposed to do their work here in the states but my information says otherwise.

You just keep getting funnier and funnier. Your information says otherwise. Of course it does. And if you exposed the source of your information...well, I guess the world would come to an end?

Any word and what took down the lightpoles if it wasn't AA77? No? Okay, carry on.

\
I don't think its the media.

The problem "here" is this. You have dipshits that think 9/11 was a conspiracy.
So the whimsical imagination of the twoofer takes over, combined with their ignorance about what is and isn't possible in covert operations...and voila; we have this board.

Let me illustrate the CIA's accomplishments since the OSS was authorized as America's secondary intelligence network during WW2. .............I can't think of any. The OSS was laughible as an intelligence network during WW2. As a matter of fact every major international event that impacted American security since WW2 came as a surprise to the CIA. The Korean invasion, the Berlin Wall, the Castro revolution in Cuba, The CIA's creation of a Cuba invasion army and the abandonment at the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile crisis, the Oswald repatriation after renouncing citizenship and subsiquent assassination of JFK, Vietnam, 9-11. ....The CIA has failed to protect America from it's enemies. It is a gigantic bureaucracy with secret funding that is supervised by fools.

And then there's the case of the CIA's leaking of the 2007 National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) purported (and BOGUS) "finding" that work on a nuclear weapon had not been resumed after being halted in 2003, in an obvious effort to undermine then President Bush's Foreign policy. They'r a bunch of rogue bastards capable of anything.They are of the same league and of the same class as the types who so recently created Wall Street's financial mess; they are another set of gamers of the system.

Last edited:
I rest my case tricky bitch. How do you argue with a Valley girl who substitutes happy faces for words?

thats how she always argues.government conspiracys are too scary for her so she always trys to laugh them off to fool herself into believing that our government is for the people and looking out for her.:lol: she doesnt want to dig deep because what she would find out would be too frightening for her to handle.She is the person Jack Nicholson was talking about in A Few Good Men when he said-you dont want to know the truth.You cant handle the truth.

Spooks are real.

A "spook" is not a rogue agent. He is a field agent sometimes used to eliminate threats. In Viet Nam they were used to find and kill Viet Cong Snipers and bombers that were knocking off too many American military in Saigon. One of my dad's best friends was recruited by the CIA for just such a mission. It was a very dangerous assignment. Most of his group was discovered and killed. Later he eliminated threats of spying on our military secrets. I knew him pretty well. Looking at him you would never guess what he did. His "roguishness" only extended to him giving me advice from time to time in my smuggling days...as a favor to my dad. He sort of looked over my shoulder and kept me out of trouble. I would get calls from him once in a while when NOBODY knew where I was and what I was doing. The CIA is not supposed to do their work here in the states but my information says otherwise.

PS...The first time I heard the term "spook" was not from the movies. It was from him.

PPS... The first time I heard the term in a movie was "3 Days of the Condor" released in 1975. I heard the term from "Ben" in 74. I never saw the movie till around 78 on the television.

theres this really good book out thats a must read called Clinton,Bush and The CIA.how the presidency was co opted by the CIA. where this operative Terry Reed that worked for the CIA,he talked about how Clinton when he was governor or arkansas,set him up with the CIA smullging drugs into arkansas unbeknowest to him and how he he filed a lawsuit against Clinton for it and the Bushs were involved in it as well. This talks a little bit about it. a bodyguard of Clintons who worked in his mansion corrobareted everything he said as well.this bodyguard of clintons Ld Brown,said he was set up by Clinton as well and when he confronted Clinotn about it he said to him-Dont worry,my buddy Bush knows all about this.

If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched."

-- George Bush, cited in the June, 1992 Sarah McClendon Newsletter

George Bush with legendary CIA agent Felix Rodriguez a.k.a. "Mr. Gomez" who ran the Mexican portion of the Iran-Contra guns and drug running operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have put thousands of Americans away for tens of thousands of years for less evidence for conspiracy with less evidence than is available against Ollie North and CIA people. . . . I personally was involved in a deep-cover case that went to the top of the drug world in three countries. The CIA killed it."
Former DEA Agent Michael Levine
CNBC-TV, October 8, 1996

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The connections piled up quickly. Contra planes flew north to the U.S., loaded with cocaine, then returned laden with cash. All under the protective umbrella of the United States Government. My informants were perfectly placed: one worked with the Contra pilots at their base, while another moved easily among the Salvadoran military officials who protected the resupply operation. They fed me the names of Contra pilots. Again and again, those names showed up in the DEA database as documented drug traffickers.

"When I pursued the case, my superiors quietly and firmly advised me to move on to other investigations."

Former DEA Agent Celerino Castillo
Powder Burns, 1992

"The Subcommittee found that the Contra drug links included:

Involvement in narcotics trafficking by individuals associated with the Contra movement.

Participation of narcotics traffickers in Contra supply operations through business relationships with Contra organizations.

Provision of assistance to the Contras by narcotics traffickers, including cash, weapons, planes, pilots, air supply services and other materials, on a voluntary basis by the traffickers.

Payments to drug traffickers by the US State Department of funds authorized by the Congress for humanitarian assistance to the Contras, in some cases after the traffickers had been indicted by federal law enforcement agencies on drug charges, in others while traffickers were under active investigation by these same agencies."
Senate Committee Report on Drugs,
Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy
chaired by Senator John F. Kerry

"I really take great exception to the fact that 1,000 kilos came in, funded by US taxpayer money."

DEA official Anabelle Grimm, during a 1993 interview on a CBS-TV "60 Minutes" segment entitled "The CIA's Cocaine." The 1991 CIA drug-smuggling event Ms. Grimm described was later found to be much larger. A Florida grand jury and the Wall Street Journal reported it to involve as much as 22 tons.

NEW! The CIA Report that admits cocaine trafficking.

BILL CLINTON MENA DENIAL

Click for Bill Clinton Sound Byte. MP3
This is Bill Clinton's assurance that there was nothing going on at Mena. Note how he "over sells" the denial.

DAN LASATER

Click for Dan Lasater Sound Byte. MP3
This is Dan Lasater in front of the Whitewater committee.

OLIVER NORTH'S HANDWRITTEN NOTES.

Third paragraph reads.....

"Honduran DC-6 which
is being used for
runs out of New Orleans
is probably being used
for drug runs into US"
-LtCol Oliver North 09Aug85

This area of the website has been assembled in response to the persistent claims of a few individuals (well, just one, really) that Mena is a myth, that the CIA never ran cocaine through the Mena airport, or laundered the proceeds through various Arkansas financial institutions including Morgan Guarantee, Madison S&L, Worthen Bank, and most importantly, the Arkansas Development Finance Authority. That such activities took place at Mena (among other locations) should hardly be surprising, as a read through most newspapers shows that government connections to drug running are not only commonplace, they have become the inevitable symptom of these totally corrupted times.

The hyper-links in this page connect, in most cases, to either published articles or congressional records related to the link subject. They are well worth following and although laborious to read (especially the congressional records), are well worth the effort. It is the hard evidence behind the allegations.

The Intermountain Regional Airport at Mena first came to national attention following the crash of a cargo plane in the jungles of Nicaragua. The sole survivor of the crash, Eugene Hassenfuss, confessed to being part of an illegal operation to arm and resupply the Contra forces staged out of the Mena airport, and the scandal known as Iran-Contra erupted across the headlines of the world.

The specific aircraft which crashed in Nicaragua had, during the Vietnam war, belonged to Air America, the CIA proprietary airline that had flown guns to the Laotian Meo in Long Tien, while bringing heroin back. Following the end of the Vietnam war, the aircraft was purchased by legendary drug smuggler Barry Seal, who renamed it the "Fat Lady" and based it at the Mena airport. Following Seal's murder (an obvious setup by the court system), the plane was used in the gun running operation to Nicaragua, ending with the crash.

The fact that guns were being sent to the Contras was itself illegal, under the Boland Amendment. While diverted arms sales were held aloft as the funding mechanism for the gun running to the Contras, the sheer scale of the Contra effort suggested that another, even more clandestine, funding mechanism had to existed. Drug running. To allay this suspicion, Oliver North claimed that he reported any drug activity to the D.E.A. The D.E.A. says he did no such thing. Evidence of drug running connected to the Contra Resupply was made available to the Iran-Contra Special Prosecutor, but it was not followed up.

After the Iran-Contra scandal erupted, individuals began to come forward with stories that the same planes that ferried guns down to Nicaragua were ferrying back cocaine for sale in the United States. Cocaine whose profits were the real source of funding for the Contra's custom made (and numberless) M-16s. These individuals included military personnel such as Eugene Wheaton, and pilots such as Richard Brenneke, and Terry Reed, who claimed they were part of the guns and drugs operation itself. Some, like Chip Tatum, had documents proving their claims. Others were highly respected law enforcement officers and members of government, such as William Duncan, L.D. Brown, and others, who had stumbled on the drug running operation and tried to expose it. Some of those who had knowledge of Mena started to die.

Almost immediately, it became apparent that Mena enjoyed a special status. Every attempt to investigate met with interference. Investigator Russel Welch of the Arkansas Police was ordered to stay away from drug activity at the Mena Airport. Despite a public statement by then-Governor Bill Clinton that he was doing all he could to investigate allegations of CIA drug running at Mena, citizen's groups charged that funding was cut for any investigations that pointed at Mena, and petitioned the Iran-Contra Special Prosecutor to investigate drug running at Mena. He never did.

Politicians elected on a promise to investigate Mena quickly broke those promises.

Appearing before Congress, Former IRS Criminal Investigator William Duncan testified that he was ordered to suppress information about Mena by his superiors, and that investigations into Mena were shut down on orders from the US Attorney!

Even a Congressman, US Representative Bill Alexander, whoseappeal to Bill Clinton for investigative funding was ignored, charged that he had found interference in the Mena affair from the IRS!

Angered by what appeared to be a cover up, Alexander threatened budget cuts on non-cooperative agencies, then directly challenged Richard Thornburgh,the Attorney General Of The United States, to look into Mena. Thornburgh promised he would investigate. He never did.

The IRS works for the Department of the Treasury. Hence, it was worth noting that following US Representative Bill Alexander's complaints of IRS interference, another division of the Treasury Department, the Customs Bureau, issued the following memo, requesting that all records, especially paper records relating to activities at Mena be sent to Washington D.C.. Included in the memo was the request that Customs be notified if no records were found in the individual offices.

Click for full size picture.(352K)

For those who do not wish to download the 300 kilobyte scan, here is a transcript of the first paragraph.(A capital X signifies an unreadable character)

The House Committee on Banking and Financial Services is
requesting Customs to make available to the Committee all
documents and communications in Customs possession related to
alleged money laundering and drug activities occurring at Mena
Airport, Arkansas. Attached for your review and action is the
Committee's letter and several attachments listing individuals,
firms, case numbers etc. The Committee requests Customs search
its records for information and documents related to the
information contained in the Attachments to the Committee's
letter.
Even the press seemed to have a blind spot where Mena was concerned. Writer Roger Morris (author of "Partners In Power") and Sally Denton wrote a well-researched article entitled The Crimes Of Mena. This story, based on Barry Seal's surviving records, had been fact checked and cleared for publication by the legal staff of the Washington Post, when it was suddenly spiked without explanation by Managing Editor Bob Kaiser, a fellow Skull & Bones alumni with ex CIA chief George Bush.

With only a few notable exceptions like Jack Anderson, and Sarah McClendon, along with a few small town newspapers like the Ozark Gazette, The Guardian, the mainstream press's silence has been deafening.

This self-imposed blindness towards Mena by the America media did not go unnoticed by the foreign press, most notably among them London Telegraph journalist Ambrose Evans-Pritchard.

Mena is a current issue.
Mena is a current issue. The recent revelations of highly questionable fundraising practices in the 1996 election, coupled with the suspicious deaths of four 1992 Clinton fundraisers, raises the ugly possibility that the American Presidency, like those of Columbia and Mexico (and so many others), has been bought and paid for with drug money.

It's nonsense to claim that Mena is a myth. The sheer weight of concerns voiced by law abiding citizens regarding the flood of drugs that poured into Arkansas cannot be ignored.

The CIA, after years of denials, finally admitted that it had indeed had operations at Mena, although it continues to deny involvement in drug running.

There is something at Mena. Something that a great number of people are working very hard to conceal.

Military "Suicides" - Keeping The Lid On The Use Of The Military?
Part 1 of the Philadelphia Inquirer Story.,

Part 2 of the Philadelphia Inquirer Story.,

Part 3 of the Philadelphia Inquirer Story.,

Part 4 of the Philadelphia Inquirer Story.,

A MENA BIBLIOGRAPHY

SUGGESTED BOOKS

Castillo, Celerino III and Harmon, Dave, POWDERBURNS

Forum List

Back