The CIA is an outmoded expensive dinosaur

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by whitehall, Dec 30, 2010.

1. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,790
    Let me illustrate the CIA's accomplishments since the OSS was authorized as America's secondary intelligence network during WW2. .............I can't think of any. The OSS was laughible as an intelligence network during WW2. As a matter of fact every major international event that impacted American security since WW2 came as a surprise to the CIA. The Korean invasion, the Berlin Wall, the Castro revolution in Cuba, The CIA's creation of a Cuba invasion army and the abandonment at the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile crisis, the Oswald repatriation after renouncing citizenship and subsiquent assassination of JFK, Vietnam, 9-11. ....The CIA has failed to protect America from it's enemies. It is a gigantic bureaucracy with secret funding that is supervised by fools.

2. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,753
    great stuff.well said and very true.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,790
    Let me clarify my opinion "inside job" > I don't think the CIA has deliberately undermined US security. The CIA couldn't keep a secret for ten minutes much less a decade long conspiracy to destroy the Twin Towers in NYC. The mission of the CIA is "intelligence" but the Agency couldn't uncover a spy in the next cubicle. The unauthorized purpose of a federal bureaucracy is to get bigger and secure more funding. What could be better for a super secret bureaucracy that has failed in every way to keep it's budget a secret? We can't even justify half of the CIA's former mission against the former USSR and yet the Agency has increased it's funding.

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    So you wanna' defund the CIA? Rotsa' Ruck G.I.!

5. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,790
    i don't wanna do anything but educate you fools.

6. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Good..and that's the way they want it.

Sorta the way I want it too.

7. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,790
    It ain't that simple wolfhead. The CIA was supposed to work for us and it became a gigantic boil on our backside and we still feed it. It has done nothing of substance in the last half century with a (secret) budget of God knows what. I wouldn't mind if the Agency could cite some success but it couldn't even identify a traitor in the next cubicle who was killing it's informants for ten years who thought they were protected. The Plame controversy illustrated the joke that the CIA has become.

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    The CIA has had many small but important successes protecting our country. Since the cold war has wound down the NSA has been our most important information gathering agency. There is still the need for real people identifying threats to tag and watch. There is also a need for interpreting the information gathered. The problem with the CIA is similar to the problems the DEA has. And frankly all of the armed forces. They are all used by the sitting administration to advance that administrations agenda. None of our defensive or offensive agencies or military branches are any better than the missions they are or ARE NOT sent to accomplish. We haven't had an honest intelligence community any more than we have had an honest president since Eisenhower.

So...in short I agree with the analysis of the results but dispute they were not carrying out their assigned mission.

9. Obamerican

Obamerican Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132
    You're an idiot.:lol::lol:

10. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,790
    I agree pretty much with your assessment Huggy. The CIA leadership has been infiltrated by political hacks who are loyal to what ever administration hired them rather to the United States. The mission of the CIA is to gather and analyze information necessary to the security of the Country. The CIA is not an overt arm of the Military as it is assumed to be today. Under JFK and his quirky brother the CIA was used to train and feed a Cuban invasion army which was subsequently abandoned at the Bay of Pigs when the president got cold feet. We have about a dozen information gathering agencies today which are probably incompetition with each other. The unstated purpose of a government funded bureaucracy is to get bigger and get more funding. With a secret budget the CIA is literally out of control.