The Church of Atheism

What about those, "we of little faith" that sit on the fence Agnostics?
Then while you are sitting on the fence, recall the faith the size of a mustard faith can work wonders. Get off the fence and go for it!
I pray all the time. it works like 25 % of the time. I could just as well rub my chest with a mustard poultice, sacrifice a chicken and pray to papa Legba too. I still pray sometimes, silly me. To who, I don't know.

I am an agnostic, I pray up the yang yang. I pray to her/his almighty wingbangler that mightn't or might be in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Amen, it's 50/50 thang, God is or isn't there, either way I got it covered.

I pray all the time. it works like 25 % of the time. I could just as well rub my chest with a mustard poultice, sacrifice a chicken and pray to papa Legba too. I still pray sometimes, silly me. To who, I don't know.
If it will work? Do you mean whether or not it meets the criteria you set? Another type of prayer is simply presenting oneself and the situation to /God, and then watching how it works.

I am an agnostic, I pray up the yang yang. I pray to her/his almighty wingbangler that mightn't or might be in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Amen, it's 50/50 thang, God is or isn't there, either way I got it covered.
No worries, because it is not you who has 'it' covered. God has you covered.

If it will work? Do you mean whether or not it meets the criteria you set? Another type of prayer is simply presenting oneself and the situation to /God, and then watching how it works.
I pray, it doesn't make any sense at all. I have a lucky rabbits foot. Atheists, I get. but the ones that bother me? Nihilists, just sociopaths.

Hmmm, unconvincing.
Still, it is something to think over. Some easily see God in creation. I do not necessarily see love and kindness in nature. I appreciate its beauty, I am even awed by what is in front of me. Love, kindness, and gentleness radiates from a source beyond nature. Atheists may call this as self comforting self and letting it go at that.

I pray, it doesn't make any sense at all. I have a lucky rabbits foot.
For me, one of the most powerful forms of prayer is being somewhere quiet, where I can quiet my mind, and then simply let God inspect and work in the silence. Other forms of prayer, however, are equally valuable, given the circumstance.

Who dares even know what god's will is? Excuse me, No man or woman can presume to begin know to what a creator thinks, that is pure delusion.

Who dares even know what god's will is? Excuse me, No man or woman can presume to begin know to what a creator thinks, that is pure delusion.
Yes. Scripture informs us that God's ways are as far from our own as the heavens are from the earth. Already we know something about God. God has also revealed (through the commandments) some of His ways, what He sees as ideal--and so we know a bit more. Then we have accounts of God interacting with mankind, so once again our awareness of God and His ways is increased again. Finally, we have prayer and the Holy Spirit as guides.

Those of us who have pets, particularly small ones, know that we cannot know all they are thinking, and know they haven't much of a clue about our thoughts, either. But we do know enough to get by and to establish a favorable relationship. We learn to read each other and that forms the key to our relationship.

Yes. Scripture informs us that God's ways are as far from our own as the heavens are from the earth. Already we know something about God. God has also revealed (through the commandments) some of His ways, what He sees as ideal--and so we know a bit more. Then we have accounts of God interacting with mankind, so once again our awareness of God and His ways is increased again. Finally, we have prayer and the Holy Spirit as guides.

Those of us who have pets, particularly small ones, know that we cannot know all they are thinking, and know they haven't much of a clue about our thoughts, either. But we do know enough to get by and to establish a favorable relationship. We learn to read each other and that forms the key to our relationship.
So you're saying that a relationship with god is like having a pet?

So you're saying that a relationship with god is like having a pet
Merely pointing out that humans manage relationships with lower forms quite well--and are equally as capable of a meaningful relationship with a higher being as well.

So you're saying that a relationship with god is like having a pet
Merely pointing out that humans manage relationships with lower forms quite well--and are equally as capable of a meaningful relationship with a higher being as well.
We can't even handle real aliens properly, let alone a made up superbeing. Shit man, we elected DONALD FUCKING TRUMP!!!

Evangelical atheism is not the answer to evangelical religion, for the problem with the latter stems not from the irrationality of its beliefs, but from the absolute certainty with which those beliefs are held. Responding in kind is not the solution."

not from the irrationality of its beliefs, but from the absolute certainty with which those beliefs are held ... Responding in kind is not the solution.

tell that to the war college when the other side is merciless in mowing down their troops.

- the atheists have every right to level the playing field, politics afterall is the true evangelical religion.

we elected DONALD
No wonder I have few difficulties with God! I am able to process President Trump with few problems. But you are right. If President Trump causes people to fall apart or to become hysterical, they might very well have a problem facing God. Easier to pretend God does not exist. Perhaps they should try that same ploy with President Trump--i.e., live their lives as though the President does not exist.

Forum List

Back