The Christian Tithe ripoff.

I asked for three scriptures that claim it requires faith to give money, I guess you cannot give them. What has faith to do with giving when you make bad decisions with your money. Who taught you to do that and involve God or any other spiritual reasons to hurt your bank account like that? God is not stupid or demanding of any money from believers.

What do you know of what God asks of others? Sacrificial giving teaches generosity, not selfishness.

Why would God ask you for money that you don't have? I would not even do that to people. You can't even give me scriptures that support your claims. How can you believe things and not show us why in scripture?

Good will sometimes ask for you to give what you don't think you have or can afford to demonstrate His ability to provide. You're thinking solely in your human mind.

Remember, you have been saying this whole time that giving is to be done voluntarily, not according to formula. Now, you do also remember how Jesus praised the widow who gave all she had left in the world, right? And you remember the rich man that Jesus told to sell everything he had and give it all to the poor?

So we know what Jesus thought about giving. It takes faith to give sacrificially.

Note that I'm not saying that all Christians are commanded to give all they have. They're not, but they are commanded to be generous.

If you will this time, can you give us the scriptures where God commands anyone to be generous? I would like to see that.

Deuteronomy 15:10
Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.

Psalm 37:21
The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously;

Psalm 112:5
Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice;

Proverbs 11:25
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Proverbs 22:9
The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.

Luke 11:41
But now as for what is inside you—be generous to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.

Romans 12:8
if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

2 Corinthians 9:6
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

1 Timothy 6:18
Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

I'm sure you can quibble and say they're not absolute commandments, but the idea is clear. God loves generosity, and the fact that you claimed ignorance about what the Bible has to say on the subject tells me that you really don't know that much about it at all.

I know that God does not command anyone to be generous, but you claimed he does. To tell others that God HAS STATED SOMETHING, WHICH HE HAS NOT, is within itself blasphemy; and I realize that you cannot see this, and you cannot admit your wrong because there is something in your mind other than the truth.

What do you know of what God asks of others? Sacrificial giving teaches generosity, not selfishness.

Why would God ask you for money that you don't have? I would not even do that to people. You can't even give me scriptures that support your claims. How can you believe things and not show us why in scripture?

Good will sometimes ask for you to give what you don't think you have or can afford to demonstrate His ability to provide. You're thinking solely in your human mind.

Remember, you have been saying this whole time that giving is to be done voluntarily, not according to formula. Now, you do also remember how Jesus praised the widow who gave all she had left in the world, right? And you remember the rich man that Jesus told to sell everything he had and give it all to the poor?

So we know what Jesus thought about giving. It takes faith to give sacrificially.

Note that I'm not saying that all Christians are commanded to give all they have. They're not, but they are commanded to be generous.

If you will this time, can you give us the scriptures where God commands anyone to be generous? I would like to see that.

Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.

Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice;

The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.

But now as for what is inside you—be generous to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.

if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

I'm sure you can quibble and say they're not absolute commandments, but the idea is clear. God loves generosity, and the fact that you claimed ignorance about what the Bible has to say on the subject tells me that you really don't know that much about it at all.

I know that God does not command anyone to be generous, but you claimed he does. To tell others that God HAS STATED SOMETHING, WHICH HE HAS NOT, is within itself blasphemy; and I realize that you cannot see this, and you cannot admit your wrong because there is something in your mind other than the truth.

You are looking for absolute commands, but God is looking for a heart to heart relationship wherein He doesn't have to command because we seek after Him. Why do you think Jesus gave the greatest commandments as to love God with all you have and to love your neighbor as yourself? All the commandments are wrapped up in those. As far as I'm concerned, God most certainly values generosity, and that's good enough for me.

You are looking for absolute commands, but God is looking for a heart to heart relationship wherein He doesn't have to command because we seek after Him. Why do you think Jesus gave the greatest commandments as to love God with all you have and to love your neighbor as yourself? All the commandments are wrapped up in those. As far as I'm concerned, God most certainly values generosity, and that's good enough for me.

I agree. But see, the tithe is an old command, but because of the pure Love and Joy of Christ Cross and God the Father's true heart, the force of command is no longer needed; its just that too many believers and givers NEED to be told to give, or their motivation is gone! Their used to being told what to do ;they have slave mentality that inhibits freedom in Christ! They have to pushed.

I agree. But see, the tithe is an old command, but because of the pure Love and Joy of Christ Cross and God the Father's true heart, the force of command is no longer needed; its just that too many believers and givers NEED to be told to give, or their motivation is gone! Their used to being told what to do ;they have slave mentality that inhibits freedom in Christ! They have to pushed.

I, Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ.

Isn't it absolutely fantastic that we live in a nation where no one can be forced to give anything at all to any church at all therefore this OP is totally without any merit whatsoever.
It's also great that we live in a society where the lying church conmen can be openly criticized, and their nasty little scams openly exposed.

Isn't it absolutely fantastic that we live in a nation where no one can be forced to give anything at all to any church at all therefore this OP is totally without any merit whatsoever.
It's also great that we live in a society where the lying church conmen can be openly criticized, and their nasty little scams openly exposed.
Meh they exist but for the most part, the church of the US and worldwide does more to help mankind than every government official and every government program combined.

Marxists naturally despise any organization that help the starving, diseased, and injured victims of marxism.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.
Whatever. Church people have to make a living.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.
So do fortune tellers and spoonbenders.

Yep. As long as it's voluntary.

And as long as the taxes are paid. hey, wait a minute...

the church of the US and worldwide does more to help mankind than every government official and every government program combined.
Nah, that's false. Literally just pulled that out of your ass.
No, it's true. If I were to pull something out of an ass, I would shove my arm up your ass and pull.
But I'm not.

meanwhile..yes. The church has done more for humanity than all the governments combined.
True story.

Well yeah, the tax exemption thing is bullshit.

Who is supposed to pay the taxes?
The people who benefit from charities that pay the medical bills of those who can't?
Lepers? Refugees? Single mothers? Pregnant women? The alcholics and drug addicts that are provided with housing and jobs by various religious orgnizations?

Marxists are just vile. I have to battle every day with my desire to see them dead.

New Topics

Forum List

Back