The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Welcome to the truth ,welcome to the dethroning of Christianity.

Maybe so, but don't get all smug about it just yet. the wheels are still in motion and much is yet to come.

I heard that at the resurrection, the dead in Christ will be the first to rise.....

Hardly. He's giving you free rein to ignore Him. If He did everything you insisted on Him doing to prove Himself, you would have no choice but to believe in Him. Basically, you're trying to get Him to make the choice for you.
He doesn't need CNN when he's hiding. Is He a fraidy cat? :dunno:
Hardly. He's giving you free rein to ignore Him. If He did everything you insisted on Him doing to prove Himself, you would have no choice but to believe in Him. Basically, you're trying to get Him to make the choice for you.
What I'm saying is that I'm ready to receive god, if a god there is. But I'm going to need at least a little SOMETHING to sink my teeth into! Geez, that seems pretty fair.
All you have to do is take the first step, Thomas. I'm sure you'll get the reference.

The first step was when Jesus lets him stick his fingers in his wounds... in person...

Anything like that ever happen to you?
No, I'm blessed. I'm sure you'll get the reference.

Sure you're blessed, just like some foul and loathsome creature who has made his way into a garbage dump celebrating his good fortune while feasting on rotting trash....

"This, He told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land; for by the writing on one side, every thief shall be swept clean away and by the writing on the other side every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out, the Lord of Hosts has said, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name. It shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all."

Last edited:

Maybe so, but don't get all smug about it just yet. the wheels are still in motion and much is yet to come.

I heard that at the resurrection, the dead in Christ will be the first to rise.....

Welcome to the beginnings of the dethroning of religion ; its happening allover , just being ignored.

Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage.
Dr. Ron Paul

The early thinkers of our country were convinced that the state must be held accountable to the authority of a higher ethical and spiritual standard – the “Natural Law” or the “Law of Nature’s God.

George Washington
Farewell Address, Sept 17, 1796

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports...In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens...”

The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

George Washington

“…And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion...reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”

The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

John Adams, “Letter to Zabdiel Adams, Philadelphia, 21 June 1776”

“Statesmen, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand.” John Adams Letter of June 21, 1776, quoted in The Wall Builder Report, Summer 1993

The Works of John Adams – Second President of theUnited States, ed. Charles Francis Adams (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1854), 9:401.

Samuel Adams Letter to John Trumbull, October 16, 1778

“Religion and good morals are the only solid foundations of public liberty and happiness.”

Paul H. Smith, Gerard W. Gawalt, Rosemary Fry Plakes, et. al., Letters of Delegates to Congress, 1774-1789, volume 11, October 1 1778-January 31 1779.

Patrick Henry Letter to Archibald Blair, January 8, 1799

“The great pillars of all government and of social life [are] virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor…and this alone, that renders us invincible.”

Moses Coit Tyler, Patrick Henry (New York: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1898; reprint, Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1962), 409.

Benjamin Rush Essays, Literary, Moral and Philosophical, 1798

“The only foundation for...a republic is to be laid in Religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty, and liberty is the object and life of all republican governments.”

(Philadelphia: Thomas and Samuel F. Bradford, 1798), 8.

The tithe is just another way for the Christian ministry to choke its members and increase their burden.

Welcome to the beginnings of the dethroning of religion ; its happening allover , just being ignored.

Sheesh. Where have you been for the past 2000 years?

This is not the beginning, this is the end.

Its the beginning of the end. Even the end could take years to compound.

No, the very people that you are condemning will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye....then, suddenly, there will appear a new heaven and a new earth.

Don't worry, be happy.

No, the very people that you are condemning will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye....then, suddenly, there will appear a new heaven and a new earth.

Don't worry, be happy.

I have never condemned anyone in this thread or any thread; I request that you show me where I condemned anyone. This I got to see!

I believe in Universal Salvation , how can I condemn anyone? Know who your talking to.

Don't worry, be happy.

I have never condemned anyone in this thread or any thread; I request that you show me where I condemned anyone. This I got to see!

I believe in Universal Salvation , how can I condemn anyone? Know who your talking to.

If you believe in universal salvation why does it bother you at all if people tithe?

If you are not condemning anyone whats with the accusation that people are being ripped off?

Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage.
Dr. Ron Paul

The early thinkers of our country were convinced that the state must be held accountable to the authority of a higher ethical and spiritual standard – the “Natural Law” or the “Law of Nature’s God.

George Washington

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports...In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens...”

George Washington

“…And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion...reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”

“Statesmen, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand.” John Adams Letter of June 21, 1776, quoted in The Wall Builder Report, Summer 1993

The Works of John Adams – Second President of theUnited States, ed. Charles Francis Adams (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1854), 9:401.

“Religion and good morals are the only solid foundations of public liberty and happiness.”

Paul H. Smith, Gerard W. Gawalt, Rosemary Fry Plakes, et. al., Letters of Delegates to Congress, 1774-1789, volume 11, October 1 1778-January 31 1779.

“The great pillars of all government and of social life [are] virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor…and this alone, that renders us invincible.”

Moses Coit Tyler, Patrick Henry (New York: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1898; reprint, Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1962), 409.

“The only foundation for...a republic is to be laid in Religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty, and liberty is the object and life of all republican governments.”

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus."

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, 30 July, 1816

35 Founding Father Quotes Conservative Christians Will Hate | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave

Dr. Ron Paul

George Washington

George Washington

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus."

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, 30 July, 1816

35 Founding Father Quotes Conservative Christians Will Hate | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave
So then you believe it is a ridiculous proposition that virtue is the ultimate organizing principle and that without virtue there can be no liberty or freedom? Did I understand YOU correctly? Because if so, I will be forced to ridicule your beliefs just as TJ suggested. Shall we have a go at it?

Don't worry, be happy.

If you believe in universal salvation why does it bother you at all if people tithe?

If you are not condemning anyone whats with the accusation that people are being ripped off?

People tithing does not bother me , tithing is not wrong. What bothers me is the way a religion teaches tithing to its members and lies about it being a new covenant principle , which it is not. Tithing is not an obligation or a command from God, to teach it is , is just an out right sin. To teach that one is cursed if they don't tithe is a sin. So it bothers me when a people are taught lies that burdens their lives. It bothers me when people are taught that God will only bless you if you give money to a church. That is a rip off.

Again I ask you , show me where I condemned anyone.

"Tithing is not an obligation or a command from God, to teach it is , is just an out right sin. To teach that one is cursed if they don't tithe is a sin."

You are very confused.

"Tithing is not an obligation or a command from God, to teach it is , is just an out right sin. To teach that one is cursed if they don't tithe is a sin."

You are very confused.

I'll take that to mean you cannot show me where I condemned anyone , you just falsely accused me and can't admit it. And then claim I am confused??

go figure

You are very confused.

I'll take that to mean you cannot show me where I condemned anyone , you just falsely accused me and can't admit it. And then claim I am confused??

go figure

You claim that you don't condemn anyone then you say that those who teach tithing is an obligation is an outright sin and those who teach that those who do not tithe are cursed is also a sin..

That, my confused friend, is a condemnation...

You are very confused.

go figure

You claim that you don't condemn anyone then you say that those who teach tithing is an obligation is an outright sin and those who teach that those who do not tithe are cursed is also a sin..

That, my confused friend, is a condemnation...

So you would rather create wrong thinking , rather than admit you were wrong ; wow , that is a dangerous way of being.

This thread makes about as much sense as multiplying a moose by chocolate gasoline balls.

The thread has 738 replies and 20,842 views , you think I care what you have to say about it?

Welcome to thread , see how it grows!

Forum List

Back