The choice in November

A secret deal? If it's secret, how come you know about it? Got a link to the timeline of who agreed to what on this disaster? Cuz I have sources telling me that Obama did the final sign off. :eek::eek::eek: That makes the Dems responsible. They can carry the oil can.

he may have secret sources. you don't rely on the media, do you?

if you are nice to him, you can PM him, he might just reveal his sources.

Thanks, but I have my own sources. They aren't secret but you can't access them. :lol::lol::lol:

i have even more super secret sources. therefore, you lose.

With the spill in the Gulf killing sea life and threatening the entire gulf coast, voters will be faced with a choice in November. Do you think they will elect in either house a majority of the party that made famous the cry, "Drill Baby Drill!"

If given the chance, the GOP will allow expanded offshore drilling. So, what is happening in the Gulf could also have a chance of happening off the east coast, off the coast of New England, and off the California Coast.

The disaster in the Gulf occurred because of a secret deal that Cheney and the oil Companies cooked up, a secret deal that is being protected by Scalia and his merry band.

What secret deal are you referring to??

Plenty of blame to go around. Big Oil has deep pocket...

Barack Obama, Dick Cheney and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill - E.D. Kain - American Times - True/Slant

But apparently to Dick Cheney’s secret energy task force, the price was far too high to pass off to Cheney’s friends in the oil business. The Minerals Management Service, under the direction of Cheney’s task force, declined to require the oil rigs install the switches unlike other major oil producing nations such as Norway.

At least some of this was under Obama’s watch, illustrating the continuity between both the Bush and Obama administration’s policies toward Big Oil. British Petroleum and other oil companies have deep pockets, and have been lining the pockets of politicians in both parties for decades. Indeed, it turns out Barack Obama was the top recipient of BP campaign cash in twenty years. BP lobbying efforts have been staggering – pumping $15.9 million into their energy lobbying efforts last year alone. Obama received $77,051 from BP during his brief tenure in the Senate and during his campaign for president. As Jamelle Bouie notes, this is hardly unique – BP spread their money far and wide in an effort to net as much legislative support as possible or to “buy off the process” as Jamelle puts it.

There are going to be two lasting changes from this incident:

1. New Safety Regulations on off-shore drilling (That should have been there before this mess happened).

2. There's going to be a lot more respect for environmentalists.

1. New Safety Regulations on off-shore drilling (That should have been there before this mess happened).

Hate to disappoint you, but this is far from the worst ecological disaster we have seen. Just to place this into perspective.

* Santa Barbara Channel oil platform blowout (1969): 90,000 barrels off the California coast;

* Mega Borg tanker (1990): 121,400 barrels in the Gulf of Mexico off Galveston, TX;

* Exxon Valdez tanker (1989): 250,000 barrels along 1,300 miles of untouched Alaska shoreline;

* Ixtoc 1 oil platform blowout (1979): 3,500,000 barrels in Mexico’s Campeche Bay;

* Saddam Hussein oil field sabotage (1991): 857,000,000 barrels in Kuwait;

* Natural seeps in US waters: 1,119,000 barrels every year from natural cracks in the seafloor.

'The disaster in the Gulf occurred because of a secret deal that Cheney and the oil Companies .....

So is this another way of saying - 'it's all Bush's fault????????

Plenty of blame to go around. Big Oil has deep pocket...

So because they have money they alone should be blamed.

I guess you're conceding that the Federal Government is broke right?

How about instead of blaming people we fix the problem and move on with life?

Why on earth would I respect a political hack masquerading as an environmentalist simply because of an oil spill accident?

'The disaster in the Gulf occurred because of a secret deal that Cheney and the oil Companies .....

Actually, no. It is not all Bush's fault. I think the federal govenrment needs to increase safeguards in drilling. The Obama administration has to share in the blame.

Actually, no. It is not all Bush's fault. I think the federal govenrment needs to increase safeguards in drilling. The Obama administration has to share in the blame.

Because, of course, there is absolutely no incentive to do it in the private sector right?

Forum List

Back