The Chinese will take over the US.

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
It will happen and I am willing to take bets on it.

They are snatching up too many jobs, and competing for the petroleum stockpiles too. Sure, the US wastes a lot of oil with the gas gusslers we drive etc.. But, we also use petroleum products to heat our homes and power our lights and tv sets...

Today's report from National Public Radio put things in perspective. The Chinese are in cahoots with Iran, and other Arab countries to change relationships with the oil producing countries. More power to them since Americans are willing to give the power to the Chinese. How? Buying cheap shit made in China instead of supporting home grown products. We are giving the Chinese our money so that they can end up enslaving us all.

One doesn't have to believe what NPR says either. Others have been warning of this very serious situation for years.

Pat Buchannan was right when he warned the US people to follow the money trail to see who is really running this country. Bill Clinton??? That dipstick paved the road for US jobs to leave China, while taking our bank accounts too. It is unfortunate that George W. is another who cares for China more than his own people in the US.

1) Remember Japan in the 70's or 80's?

2) If China is in cahoots with Iran they are screwed, because Iran is going down soon. From internal revolt or external invasion. I give the mullahs 3 years tops.

China attaining superiority over the West? Not bloody likely!

Can you name one totalitarian country that has ever attained technological and economic parity with the Liberal Democracies?

Will China take over the world? Not likely if the US has anything to say about it.

I know that the Chinese government is one of the largest holders of US Government securities there are but on the other hand, the US is China's biggest trading partner. So our economies are quite enmeshed.

However, the Chinese have also made deals with the Iranians, the Venezualans, and the Saudis for lots and lots of oil. Which is one reason the prices at the pump have been shooting up. The Chinese appetite for oil is almost insatiable.

One disturbing development is that the Chinese are helping the Iranians build nuclear weapons and providing them with long range ballistic missile technology (which they acquired from the US company Loral with the blessings of the Clinton Administration). With that technology, they will be able to target Israel and almost any point in the Middle East and Asia and thus, destablize the region once again.

China is also in bed with Hugo Chavez, the Venezualan dictator, who is also a sworn enemy of the US. Chavez, with the help of the Chinese no doubt, is suspected of training terrorists to target US interests.

The Chinese are trying to sell themselves as the alternative to the US when countries want help or trade. In addition they have made no secret that they want to counter US influence.

My opinion about the Chinese government (and the North Koreans to boot), is that they are liars till the day they die and they will break any and every law of God and Man to acheive their ends. The Chinese are not our friends. They entered into this relationship with us in order to advance their ends. It is merely a marriage of convenience for them. Once they believe that relationship is no longer of any use to them, they will turn on us. The Chinese regard us as a hostile nation, we should do the same with them. (BTW.... didn't Clinton grant them "most favored nation" trading status, too?).

BTW.... Good ol' Clinton, when he wasn't violating the sanctity of the Oval Office he found time to screw our country into the ground. Now he's a big time hero of the Left, lovable rogue and, of course, professional victim (after all, according to him, his impeachment was the result of the Right's need of an enemy after the Cold War rather than his perjuring himself on the witness stand). He has accomplished the one thing that scores of traitors and foreign spies could not, that is, giving one of our most vile enemies the means to destroy us.

Let me first begin by making a note and a correction. First Japan is the largest holder of American Securities not China (China is number 2 but they cannot sell American securities), so if we are to be concerned with the strength of the dollar we should watch Japan. Second, Japan not the United States is China's largest trading partner.
Now let us critically examine the Chinese economy in the context of international trade. First, we must ask ourselves what does "made in China" actually mean. If it means that, the entire product was constructed in China than in reality China produces very little, as indicated by a nearly balanced trade sheet. In reality China imports literally tons of intermediate goods uses them and then exports them. So made in China is actually a very tricky term. A shirt made in China should more accurately say made in Vietnam, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, and China. Next, we must ask ourselves who is retaining the profits of the value added goods sold by the Chinese. It is not the Chinese. They only retain about twenty percent of the total gains (which is acceptable because of the undervalued Yuan and the lack of an alternative), where did the other 80 percent go? In actuality, American and European firms, operating in China, retain the majority of the profits enjoyed by Chinese goods. How these profits are distributed is up to those firms, so the picture is not as bad as the special interest groups would have you believe.
In regards to Oil, in my view, it is high time the US face some competition for such a resource. I hope that the increased competition will continue to push up prices and the US will FINANLY begin moving away from such an unsustainable resource and in doing so become a stronger, greener, and more independent nation. Moreover, for you folks concerned with terror, moving the US economy away from oil will transfer trillions of dollars away from the Middle East, making the funding of terror operations more difficult.
Clinton continued to liberalize trade and strengthened our economy in doing so. Unlike W., Clinton did not succumb to the demands of special interest groups who sought to profit at the expense of the American People. However, this thread is not about the benefits of free trade or the costs of protectionism.
It is about China and its relative strength to the United States. As of now China is an exporter nation, such a role is highly unstable and the competition is fierce. Thus, I would argue that in the long run (If the US were fiscally smart) the United States would retain its position as the world’s economic superpower.
Cheers
Huck.
PS. Workingman if you would like to feel better about all of the jobs being "shipped" off shore I recommend reading "The Economist" report on the outlook of 2005. It presents a very strong case for trade liberalization, which you might find of interest.

Huckleburry said:
In actuality, American and European firms, operating in China, retain the majority of the profits enjoyed by Chinese goods. How these profits are distributed is up to those firms, so the picture is not as bad as the special interest groups would have you believe.

Yep. Western corporations are so inherently evil they're on the make even when we're losing a trade war!

Huckleburry said:
Right Wing,
Did you read my post? Your comment certainly does not suggest as much.

Yes. What problem do you have with my comment? Please elucidate your concerns. Typically yours is a gloom and doom scenario regarding china, today it's a boon for U.S. business. Which is it?

Right Wing,
You seemed to suggest that I was commenting on the character of western corporations which I was not. I was giving an honest assesment of China and their role in the global economy. Also, this is my first post regarding China/US relations so its kind of hard to say that my outlook is doom and gloom. Regarding the economy in general I think we have some fundamental flaws that we need to adress at both the domestic and international level.
Cheers
Huck

i refuse to be so pessimistic. Our attitude will determine where we go in life. And if we think we can beat them we can.

theim said:
1) Remember Japan in the 70's or 80's?

2) If China is in cahoots with Iran they are screwed, because Iran is going down soon. From internal revolt or external invasion. I give the mullahs 3 years tops.
3 is a little long don't you think? :teeth:

Forum List

Back