The Childless As Parasites

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Interesting turn of the tables:

http://www.chicagoboyz.net/archives/003976.html

2. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    -Or- Don't call him a parasite and continue with civilized conversation that doesn't attack either partaker's political views while burning bridges between friends and fellow Americans.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Oh yes. Uncomfortable truths are to be suppressed in favor of polite conversation. How establishment of you.

4. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Okay! I did my part for population replacement, and even provided for two "parasites"! :D

5. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What an absolutely horrible, and disgusting thing to say. :(

6. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Shattered, Honey. maybe this doesn't apply to you. You took on a share of the load, didn't you?

7. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,790
    So because I don't have any children I am a 'freeloader'? How about the fact that I pay my taxes, including a rather hefty property tax which funds the local schools. I understand the need for a society to repopulate itself but calling out individuals like this is rediculous. People who have a half dozen kids and are on welfare with no jobs are the freeloaders.

8. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "Took on a share of the load"? I raised my niece/nephew for the first half of their lives. I did not give birth to them.

I got pregnant - I had a miscarriage. I did not give birth to a child.

I'm currently considering adoption. I will not have given birth to that child.

There are many, many MANY people that have no business bringing children in to this world, and they KNOW it. They're also being referred to as parasites.

There are many, many, MANY people with close to a dozen children that are sitting back and collecting welfare, which I AM HELPING TO FUND. They are not parasites?

There are many, many, MANY children awaiting adoption, or even temporary homes, and I don't know too many people willing to foot the bill to take even one of those children into their homes. Why?

I stand by my statement - that was an absolutely disgusting and revolting thing for someone to say. :(

9. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Not all people with half-a-dozen kids are on welfare. And they are talking about it in terms of the future. Talking about those who are openly disdainful of child-bearing, who discourage procreation out of pure selfishness. Not talking about people who haven't had children yet, who have been burnt out by raising other people's children, who do not make enough to support children, etc.

10. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    That's what I was talking about. You have done/are doing a part in bringing up a productive future work force. Even though biologically childless, you would not be considered a "parasite." At least IMO.

They are definitely parasites. The author used the phrase "that cannot produce enough children who grow into economically productive adults" to address this.

Selfishness? For some people it is purely selfishness. They are not willing to compromise their own lifestyle or comfort in order to contribute to the next generation. They see "breeders" as gauche, uneducated, and low-class for engaging in activities like diaper-changing, mindless chatter with children, giving up personal freedom (Heaven forbid!). This is a growing mindset. This is what the author is addressing.