The Chick-Fil-A Controversy

Should a city deny a business license due to a 'wrong' political/social stance?

• Yes, I can see a justification for that.

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • No,I can't see a justification for that.

Votes: 69 84.1%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters
If a boycott doesn't work, it doesn't work....but we've gone this route before and had a tad more success than, let's say, the Southern Baptist Church with their boycott of Disney.

Lindsey Lohan seems to be helping the cause unintentionally.

An example of what kind of organization and what kind of spokespeople the owner of CFA gives money to:

Bryan Fischer Calls For 'Underground Railroad' Kidnapping To Save Gay Parents' Children

Advocating kidnapping....

But, even so, cities do not have the right to ban these businesses. Boycotts are the way to go.

I agree with the bolded section. From all indications, a boycott is not going to work in this case. I don't think gays defined the issue in a way they could gain sympathy on this one. Pick your battles.

If a boycott doesn't work, it doesn't work....but we've gone this route before and had a tad more success than, let's say, the Southern Baptist Church with their boycott of Disney.
That was how many years ago now ? You know peoples mindsets can change big time on these issues, and in a heart beat, so are you so sure that a boycott of Disney now, wouldn't actually be more acceptable and sucessful right now today ? If Chic-Fil-A is any indication maybe of a change in mindsets, then the outcome could easily be different these days than it was way back then.

One thing is forsure, and that is that the left will try and derail any attempt to push back their supposed progress on these issues now, even if these issues are not mainstream acceptable, and were being pushed upon the maintsream in such a way that it robbed the mainstream "good majority" of their rights all at the same time.

Uh oh. Another "anti-hater hater" bites the dust.

JimRomenesko.com has updated the story of the Fort Myers, Florida reporter who dissed the Chick-fil-A crowd on Appreciation Day on his Facebook page -- writing that “the level of hatred, unfounded fear and misinformed people was astoundingly sad” -- has resigned.

Fort Myers News-Press reporter Mark Krzos pulled that post and left Facebook. His editor, Terry Eberle, told News-Press and Romenesko readers the post was “completely inappropriate” and that “we will take strong and appropriate action.”

Read more: Fla. Reporter Who Slimed Chick-fil-A Fans as Paranoid Haters Resigns From His Newspaper | NewsBusters.org

JimRomenesko.com has updated the story of the Fort Myers, Florida reporter who dissed the Chick-fil-A crowd on Appreciation Day on his Facebook page -- writing that “the level of hatred, unfounded fear and misinformed people was astoundingly sad” -- has resigned.

Fort Myers News-Press reporter Mark Krzos pulled that post and left Facebook. His editor, Terry Eberle, told News-Press and Romenesko readers the post was “completely inappropriate” and that “we will take strong and appropriate action.”

Read more: Fla. Reporter Who Slimed Chick-fil-A Fans as Paranoid Haters Resigns From His Newspaper | NewsBusters.org

He got fired for writing this:

"I have never felt so alien in my own country as I did today while covering the restaurant's supporters. The level of hatred, unfounded fear and misinformed people was astoundingly sad. I can't even print some of the things people said... Such a brave stand... eating a goddamn sandwich."

Wow, do conservatives hate opposing views and freedom of speech or what?

Oh Ravi. I doubt his boss is a conservative.

The comments made by reporter Mark Krzos on his personal Facebook page were completely inappropriate. They were done without the knowledge of The News-Press and violate our policies. When we became aware of the comments, we asked the reporter to remove them. We consider this a very serious matter and hurts our credibility and we will take strong and appropriate action.

Terry Eberle
Executive Editor/Vice President of Content
The News-Press Media Group

Methinks the "level of hatred" "unfounded fear" and "misinformed people" that he "witnessed" were regular people eating a fucking sandwich. In the real world, that's not hate.

I agree with the bolded section. From all indications, a boycott is not going to work in this case. I don't think gays defined the issue in a way they could gain sympathy on this one. Pick your battles.

That was how many years ago now ? You know peoples mindsets can change big time on these issues, and in a heart beat, so are you so sure that a boycott of Disney now, wouldn't actually be more acceptable and sucessful right now today ? If Chic-Fil-A is any indication maybe of a change in mindsets, then the outcome could easily be different these days than it was way back then.

One thing is forsure, and that is that the left will try and derail any attempt to push back their supposed progress on these issues now, even if these issues are not mainstream acceptable, and were being pushed upon the maintsream in such a way that it robbed the mainstream "good majority" of their rights all at the same time.

Oh, people's mindsets change? You mean the churches are shifting to meet the times?

"I have never felt so alien in my own country as I did today while covering the restaurant's supporters. The level of hatred, unfounded fear and misinformed people was astoundingly sad. I can't even print some of the things people said... Such a brave stand... eating a goddamn sandwich."

What business does such a homo lovin OWS parasite have reporting news? You expect such a nimrod to report objectively. Bravo. Now, if only the community would I shun him....

Oh, people's mindsets change? You mean the churches are shifting to meet the times?

Yeah. Like the catholic church and their longstanding position on keeping marriage normal.

Chick Fil A's near me have had record business and sale since this non-sense started. Seems that this was excellent marketing

Yeah. Like the catholic church and their longstanding position on keeping marriage normal.
And keeping Mass in Latin, and meatless Fridays, and women covered in church.....:lol::lol::lol:

And what goes on in Altar Boy Training stays in Altar Boy Training.....

Who were the 8 that decided government should control business owners and their political views!!!!!

I would have thought the OP was a wash because the answer is obvious. Don’t like the political views, don’t eat there. It is interesting that, in this case, it likely would have been a NEGATIVE for their bottom line until the governors’ comments on the matter and then an explosion of positive business. They really stepped in it.

No they (conservatives) just hate it when others oppose them by demanding that they (the conservatives) become silenced or remain silent, and therefore quickly force their freedoms to end, and this is as found upon any issue chosen by the left to attack. Whether it is found within speech and/or etc. they attack no matter, just as this cat was doing against them with his pen that day, but I guess he expected silence to ensue quickly on the matter in which he was dealing with, but they (the conservatives) fired back Oh well, and when they did I guess the outcome wasn't what he expected it would be, yet when a breach is committed from either side, the consequences are always free to be the same upon either side, and that is the beauty of freedom and/or expression no matter what side of the fence it is landing upon.

Then it all comes down to the people, and what they think is right or wrong pertaining to any issue as it should be, but another problem persist, and this is when the people are denide their rights as a majority found in a vote or an opinion in this nation upon many issues now, where as these days a minority feels that no matter what the issue, they should always get their way on the issue in their minds, and they want this because of why? It is simply because they are considered some sort of eternal (forever) beat down minority in this nation, and this acording to the idiotic federal government in this nation as they see it, whom thinks that they (the minority) are forever struggling eternally under the weight of the majority and their free will expressed on the issues, especially when it is against them, even if that isn't the case in almost 99.9% of the situations or issues brought to the floor and to date, yet they will claim that it is the situation always, and this no matter what it is in their minds.

Last edited:
Those who weren't following the news pretty closely this past week probably didn't see the barely covered story of the guy with a gun, 50 rounds of ammo, and a sack full of Chick-fil-a sandwiches who visited the Family Research Center a few days ago and shot a security guard. The guard was able to wrestle him down efore he could wound or kill anybody else.

The guy just happened to be a volunter for a Gay and Lesbian Center in the same area.

Now I wonder how honest our friends here will be. Do you honestly think there wouldn't be at least a half dozen threads on USMB about this if somebody from the Family Research Center had gone into the Gay and Lesbian place and opened fire? Do you think you would not have heard about that several times from whatever media you watch or listen to or read?

By the way, Eric Holder is already on record as shrugging this off and saying there is no reason to declare it a 'hate crime'.

CNN’s coverage – no mention of Chick-fil-a or who the guy was affiliated with:
Virginia man charged in shooting at Family Research Council - CNN

ABC’s coverage – does mention who the guy was affiliated with several paragraphs into the story and mention of Chick-fil-a was waaaaaay deep into the story
Family Research Council Shooting: Injured Guard Tackles Gunman - ABC News

NY Daily News Coverage:
Gunman who fired on Family Research Council carried 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches and ammo in backpack

Floyd Lee Corkins, the Virginia man who allegedly shot a security guard at the downtown D.C. headquarters of the anti-gay-rights Family Research Council, was carrying extra ammo and some 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches with him at the time of the bizarre incident.
BY CHRISTINE ROBERTS / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

The Virginia man charged with shooting and wounding a security guard at a conservative Christian lobbying firm in Washington, D.C. was carrying 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches and ammo in his backpack at the time of the incident.

Floyd Lee Corkins, 28, allegedly told the guard that he was against the organization's politics just before pulling out a gun at the downtown D.C. headquarters of the Family Research Council, which strongly opposes gay marriage and abortion.

Corkins, who had been volunteering at the front desk of a local LGBTQ center as recently as two weeks ago, was charged in federal court Thursday with intent to kill and bringing firearms across state lines.
According to the FBI affidavit released Thursday, Corkins, who lives at home with his parents in Herndon, Va., told the guard, "I don't like your politics," seconds before opening fire.
Read more: Gunman who fired on Family Research Council carried 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches and ammo in backpack* - NY Daily News

Last edited:

Forum List

Back