The Chevy Volt Only Gets 35MPG

To quote UpstateNYGuy on another board:
Gee what a surprise. And I thought Obama said this car would turn Government Motors around. Huh, isn't that strange? And the taxpayers shelled out 86 billion for what? A lackluster car that costs $41000 and doesn't do what the Prius does for $23000.
chevy-Volt.jpg

VOLT2.jpg

ElectricCarJunkYard.jpg

electriccarsGW.gif

my SUV gets 20/17 and can go nearly 500 miles on a single tank

Woot! My big ole FORD gets about 15 with the intake, chip, and straight pipes with tips setup on it.:smoke::fu:
I've only(hopefully) got 20-30yrs left on this earth and there isn't anyway in hell that my old fat ass is going to ride around in some little fuckin' sardine suicide trap, I don't care if it gets 100mpg.
And I'll bet those Volt/Electric car owners are gonna' ask to borrow your truck quite often! :lol:

The extra weight of the batteries, electronics, electric motor, all of that makes it less efficient as a gasoline vehicle when gasoline engine is needed, which is most of the time on a long trip.

I am often puzzled by the negative attitude towards American industry? When did this start and why? It is as if a company that built the country and provided a middle class life for millions is now somehow a bad thing? Toyota is killing people with technical flaws but GM gets criticized for one driver's results? And it makes no sense to argue the technical issues as the idea is not based in technology but in prejudice against our own nation's major car builder. (While I can guess the source, I wonder at the biased tools who just follow.) The curious irony is the same people who criticize GM are generally big fans of corporate power and laissez-faire economics. Yesterday I am listening to commentators on the Japanese tragedy and they are discussing the impact on the auto business, and someone notes how this will help the Korean car makers. WTF happened to buying American and supporting America I wonder. As Pogo said long ago we have met the enemy and the enemy is us.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/128477-did-obama-save-gm-3.html#post2607852

As always, build a product people want, at an affordable price, and people will buy it. Build an over-priced piece of shit, and they'll tell you to get fucked. If the government is involved in trying to Force feed the people that "over-priced piece of shit", well then you are going to get a little heat for it. I'm not sure what is surprising here?

I am often puzzled by the negative attitude towards American industry? When did this start and why? It is as if a company that built the country and provided a middle class life for millions is now somehow a bad thing? Toyota is killing people with technical flaws but GM gets criticized for one driver's results? And it makes no sense to argue the technical issues as the idea is not based in technology but in prejudice against our own nation's major car builder. (While I can guess the source, I wonder at the biased tools who just follow.) The curious irony is the same people who criticize GM are generally big fans of corporate power and laissez-faire economics. Yesterday I am listening to commentators on the Japanese tragedy and they are discussing the impact on the auto business, and someone notes how this will help the Korean car makers. WTF happened to buying American and supporting America I wonder. As Pogo said long ago we have met the enemy and the enemy is us.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/128477-did-obama-save-gm-3.html#post2607852

The toyota random accelerator issue has been pretty much debunked. (note this is an article that is acutally critical of toyota's handling of the situation, but admits the issue wasnt electronics)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/09/opinion/09wed2.html

The reason people prefer japanese designed cars is simple, in that the most popular models are basically indestructable, kind of like american cars back in the 50's and 60's. There are plenty of cases of hondas and nissans running like clockwork after 200k miles of hell. There are unfortunately fewer stories about american made cars nowadays.

Forum List

Back