The chart that shows when the US economy began freefall

• Banned
Its was in january of 2006.

Guess what that conclusively proves.

The right OWNS this downturn.

Kind of shows what was happening in 2007 doesn't it. A freefall due to coruption in the banking and realestate business.
Does anyone realize how bad it would have gotten if someone who took over didn't have the balls to take the bull by the horns and drag him down.

Things haven't gotten back to where they were at the top of the out of control housing market or should they, but they are on at least a semi stable footing now.

• Banned
The right cant even blame the 2007 newly elected congress.

And just a couple months before that Barney Frank explained why He and Chris Dodd were leading the Democratic effort to thwart any new regs or safe guards on the Housing market. Their reason? He insisted that not only was the Housing market sound, but if the Fed created any new safe Guards it would damage the supposedly sound and thriving Housing Market.

He did the same 2 other times prior to 2008. Bush tried TWICE to rein in the Fanny and Freddie disaster and Dodd and Franks rallied enough support to thwart him both times. McCain tried a third time and AGAIN Barney Franks and Chris Dodd stopped the effort.

GO figure.

Wasn't November 2006 the month that Harry met Nancy?

Let's assume that you are correct. The Right owns the downturn. That was four years ago.

The Left owns the recovery. How's that recovery coming along? How are those plans working out? How's that legislative agenda helping the economy? Where is the bold and enlightened plan to lead us to the promised land?

You know, I think you might be able to trace this back to 1066 and pin the blame on William the Conquerer. There have been a few years and events that have intervened since then, but really, once we appoint a villain, I say we stick with him.

Last edited:

And just a couple months before that Barney Frank explained why He and Chris Dodd were leading the Democratic effort to thwart any new regs or safe guards on the Housing market. Their reason? He insisted that not only was the Housing market sound, but if the Fed created any new safe Guards it would damage the supposedly sound and thriving Housing Market.

He did the same 2 other times prior to 2008. Bush tried TWICE to rein in the Fanny and Freddie disaster and Dodd and Franks rallied enough support to thwart him both times. McCain tried a third time and AGAIN Barney Franks and Chris Dodd stopped the effort.

GO figure.
this is bullshit, sergeant. bush and both parties' legislators were lapping up the housing-led economy. you keep shoveling this shit about bush trying something with no evidence but his hearsay long after the collapse. nothing but praise came from him publicly as he stroked himself for record homeownership. it only shows the extent that you're willing to shame yourself for your partisan idolatry.

wipe your chin, man.

GO figure.
this is bullshit, sergeant. bush and both parties' legislators were lapping up the housing-led economy. you keep shoveling this shit about bush trying something with no evidence but his hearsay long after the collapse. nothing but praise came from him publicly as he stroked himself for record homeownership. it only shows the extent that you're willing to shame yourself for your partisan idolatry.

wipe your chin, man.

All 3 attempts to rein in Fanny and Freddy and to regulate the Housing market are facts, they are available from the legislative record. Moron. And Barney Franks words are available as well from 2008 since he made them and they were recorded.

By the way dumb ass I was not a Sgt. I was a GySgt. Army personnel may not be proud of their actual rank but in the Corps no one refers to anyone as Sgt unless they only wear 3 strips.

Antagon, partial disagreement on two points:

Frank did push for a bigger bubble and Dodd did load up on perks from Countrywide and they both did as much as possible to obstruct investigation as they politically could.

Bush should be blamed for appointing Bernancke as chairman of the Fed. Still trying to make the transition to a wealth based economy was needed.

not a single legislation even proposed for debate. none drafted. no interest in any reform whatsoever. every state of the union spreading the praises of the skyrocketing housing market. bush asserted zero influence over the government save for his war agenda. you are the only clown dancing around these spineless whispers on the record.

lets have a laugh. produce these compelling statements and show how your loverboy puts his foot down.

Frank did push for a bigger bubble and Dodd did load up on perks from Countrywide and they both did as much as possible to obstruct investigation as they politically could.

Bush should be blamed for appointing Bernancke as chairman of the Fed. Still trying to make the transition to a wealth based economy was needed.

i dont think there is such a thing as a wealth based economy. so far, it appears i'm right. a wealth based economy relies on the idea of taking cash out of circulation and snatching up trappings which dont effect the creation of any additional prosperity. it sounds like a formula for an economy coming to a crashing hault, and the 'invested' (spent) funds vanish with the depreciation.

as for barney frank and friends, i'm aware he was hell-bent on bathing in the boom, perhaps under the delusion it would last for ever. my point is that historical revisionists trying to paint themselves out of the momentum of the boom are not credible. shameful even.

i dont think there is such a thing as a wealth based economy. so far, it appears i'm right. a wealth based economy relies on the idea of taking cash out of circulation and snatching up trappings which dont effect the creation of any additional prosperity. it sounds like a formula for an economy coming to a crashing hault, and the 'invested' (spent) funds vanish with the depreciation.

as for barney frank and friends, i'm aware he was hell-bent on bathing in the boom, perhaps under the delusion it would last for ever. my point is that historical revisionists trying to paint themselves out of the momentum of the boom are not credible. shameful even.

And yet we have historical records and the press to prove that TWICE Bush pushed for reform and more regulation and both times Frank and Dodd opposed him and won. We have the same re4cords to prove that McCain did the same and the same two people lead the charge against it. We have press records to PROVE Barney Frank made a statement just months before the crash that not only was the market sound and prosperous but that more regulations would cause it to crash.

Why exactly would he make that speech if, according to you, no one was trying to create more regulations? The delusional one in this thread is you. They have meds for that.

GO figure.

Yea, a GAY Democrat had so much power over the Republicans.

Obama can't do hardly anything because of Republican obstructionism, but Barney could.

Go figure.

Of course the nitwit would draw such a nonsensical conclusion.

In reality, the government sponsored a housing bubble over a twenty year period which burst in 2006.

And yet we have historical records and the press to prove that TWICE Bush pushed for reform and more regulation and both times Frank and Dodd opposed him and won. We have the same re4cords to prove that McCain did the same and the same two people lead the charge against it. We have press records to PROVE Barney Frank made a statement just months before the crash that not only was the market sound and prosperous but that more regulations would cause it to crash.

Why exactly would he make that speech if, according to you, no one was trying to create more regulations? The delusional one in this thread is you. They have meds for that.

nobody lifted a finger to do anything about the focal point of the booming economy. like i said, produce your compelling record of bush's resistance. let's see it. we know that as yet no legislation has been made, proposed or officially discussed. but maybe you and bush have more than some half-hearted bullshit informing your re-deco of historical fact.

LET'S SEE IT.

Last edited:

That's been the case so far but automated factories and portfolios are becoming the major source of revenue for everyone as Eurasia deals with its declining labor force.

Forum List

Back