The Changing Sea-Life of the Chesapeake Bay.

2 bull sharks caught in Potomac River

For the second time in three years, fishermen in southern Maryland have pulled in a shark from the most unlikely place -- the Potomac River.

Actually they caught two sharks. They got caught in fishing nets about 200 yards away from the swimming area in Point Lookout State Park in St Mary's County.

Fisherman Richard Riche got quite the shock when he tried to haul them in.

"It was a surprise, coming face-to-face with two big sharks. Lots of excitement," says Riche.

2748626_G.jpg

2748651_G.jpg

2748625_G.jpg
Bull sharks are very dangerous. Probably more so than other sharks that attack humans.

They often swim far up freshwater rivers, too.

You will find bulls in the Mississippi as far north as Illinois.

2 bull sharks caught in Potomac River

For the second time in three years, fishermen in southern Maryland have pulled in a shark from the most unlikely place -- the Potomac River.

Actually they caught two sharks. They got caught in fishing nets about 200 yards away from the swimming area in Point Lookout State Park in St Mary's County.

Fisherman Richard Riche got quite the shock when he tried to haul them in.

"It was a surprise, coming face-to-face with two big sharks. Lots of excitement," says Riche.

2748626_G.jpg

2748651_G.jpg

2748625_G.jpg
Bull sharks are very dangerous. Probably more so than other sharks that attack humans.

They often swim far up freshwater rivers, too.

You will find bulls in the Mississippi as far north as Illinois.
They live in Lake Nicaragua too. They swim up a river and then leap like salmon into the lake.

My ex and I saw about a 7 foot bull shark that had just washed up on shore when we were camping in the outer banks. It was so fresh the gums were still pink. I pulled out some teeth for evidence. :) Those fuckers were about an inch long. Would not want to meet a bull shark in the water.

My ex and I saw about a 7 foot bull shark that had just washed up on shore when we were camping in the outer banks. It was so fresh the gums were still pink. I pulled out some teeth for evidence. :) Those fuckers were about an inch long. Would not want to meet a bull shark in the water.

They have more testosterone than any other living creature.

Forum List

Back