The certainties of a Kerry victory

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
The two hot issues in this election will be terrorism and the economy. Admittadley there some uncertainties as to the future on these two issues if Bush is elected. Though I think we can be certain that the ecomomy and jobs will continue to grow. What the future holds in Iraq and the war on terror is anybody's guess.

IF Kerry is elected the future, as it pertains to these issues, is much more certain. If Kerry is elected every American's taxes WILL go up(unless he's lying, of course), which WILL stifle economic growth. Dems maintain that the economy is not growing, funny this is if that's true do they truly believe raising taxes will turn the economy around?

As for terrorism I think you really need to ask who the terrorists would like us to elect. I think few would deny they would like Kerry. I think it would be difficult for someone to be tougher on terrorism than Bush is right now.

On the two major issues facing the country at this time, Kerry will fail if elected. That is a certainty. THE ABOVE WILL HAPPEN IF KERRY IS ELECTED. So why would you vote for him?

First, I don't support Kerry, primarily because he voted for the war which I opposed.

As far as taxes goes, fiscal responsibility is a higher priority than tax cuts. Either taxes will have to go up or spending will have to go down. Leaving a massive debt for our children and grandchildren is not the answer. So far, Bush has set a record for increased federal spending, with growth rates at 26%. Not even a democratic president with a democratic house and senate have matched that explosing in federal spending. While some of the spending increases is for defense, most of it is not. Bush has not votoed a single spending bill since taking office, presided over the largest increase in a federal entitlement program, as well as massive increases in education, transportation and farm subsidies. I would add that even spending that I support such as increased expenditures for homeland security should be paid for, not simply added to the huge national debt that our kids will have to pay off at a time when federal expenditures due to increased demand by the retiring baby boomers will be straining the treasury.

As far as terrorism goes, I do not share your assumptions about what the terrorists think. OBL must be laughing his ass off at dubya right now. He masterminds the brutal attacks against the US on September 11 but Bush attacks someone else! OBL must be wondering what exactly he has to do to get W's attention. Saddam is in jail and that's good for the Iraqis, but for the victims of 9/11, which include all Americans, that just hasen't gotten to the top of W's things to do list.

No, I think OSL thinks W is a joke. OSL has probably sent him a campaign contribution as an investment in his own personal security.

Bern, polls have indicated that our resolve to win the war on terror is wavering, clearly some of us forgoten about 9/11.

The American people are actually believing that traitors lying rethoric.

Are you certain Bush will win? I'm still mostly confident, but I am starting to worry.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Bern, polls have indicated that our resolve to win the war on terror is wavering, clearly some of us forgoten about 9/11.

The American people are actually believing that traitors lying rethoric.

Are you certain Bush will win? I'm still mostly confident, but I am starting to worry.
I am gonna open a can of worms here, but I think Bush is going to lose. I have my reasons, but I won't go into it here.

........No you did not just post that, dammit man I was looking to be reassured that the American people actually WANTED to continue fighting the war on terror.

You'd better explain yourself.

........No you did not just post that, dammit man I was looking to be reassured that the American people actually WANTED to continue fighting the war on terror.

You'd better explain yourself.
Mainly, because I don't think Bush will change his position on anything just to get re-elected. He believes in what he believes in and some people can't stomach that. The race seems very close now and frankly, too many Americans seem to want to keep their heads in the sand.

I have another reason that has more to do with Bible prophecy than anything, but this thread is not the place to discuss that.

Hey mods.... how about opening a new thead on religion..... or prophecies. I think there is some interest on the boards to discuss this. Probably more than anti-USA or France..... what-ya think????

Don't thet know that Kerry doesn't want to fight the war on terror!?

"The war on terror is more of a law enforcement operation than a military one." Scary Kerry said that!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with us!?

DO WE WANT TO BE DESTROYED!?

By the way, I think I know which prophecy you're talking about, but I didn't want to believe that it was happening now.

I think Bush will win in an landslide unless something major chances. yeah the race is close...in the wrong States. the race shouldnt be close in California and New Jersey.

Oh and if you want to discuss prophecies id be up for it. we can replace the france board or something. they suck anyway why waste our time talking about them?

You still think he'll win in a landslide?

I wish I had your confidence in our voters Avatar, I mean, I'm seriously starting to loose sleep over this.

I'm really scared, that someone who aided communists in a war and doesn't want to fight the war on terror is actually trying to win this office, I'm terrified.

I wish I had your confidence in our voters Avatar, I mean, I'm seriously starting to loose sleep over this.

I'm really scared, that someone who aided communists in a war and doesn't want to fight the war on terror is actually trying to win this office, I'm terrified.

First, dont lose sleep over it. As long as good men live this nation will not fall.

Second, if you are concerned talk to your friends start rallying people to it. We can win this, we just need people to pull out the votes.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I think Bush will win in an landslide unless something major chances. yeah the race is close...in the wrong States. the race shouldnt be close in California and New Jersey.

Oh and if you want to discuss prophecies id be up for it. we can replace the france board or something. they suck anyway why waste our time talking about them?
I hope Bush wins, but I don't think he is going to. Just a "gut" feeling and then some.....

Hey, if you can make it happen (chaning the france board) then please do so. I know the MODs might be afraid this will turn into a relgious board, but we have all shown we can discuss a myriad of topics without any problem, so why not have a thread dedicated to prophecies and/or religion . . . . ?? . . . . .

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
First, I don't support Kerry, primarily because he voted for the war which I opposed.

Before he voted against it.

As far as taxes goes, fiscal responsibility is a higher priority than tax cuts. Either taxes will have to go up or spending will have to go down. Leaving a massive debt for our children and grandchildren is not the answer.

I've heard this one before. When Reagan ran deficits all we got was an end to the cold war, economic recovery, and an eventual surplus.

So far, Bush has set a record for increased federal spending, with growth rates at 26%. Not even a democratic president with a democratic house and senate have matched that explosing in federal spending. While some of the spending increases is for defense, most of it is not. Bush has not votoed a single spending bill since taking office, presided over the largest increase in a federal entitlement program, as well as massive increases in education, transportation and farm subsidies. I would add that even spending that I support such as increased expenditures for homeland security should be paid for, not simply added to the huge national debt that our kids will have to pay off at a time when federal expenditures due to increased demand by the retiring baby boomers will be straining the treasury.

Actually, NOW is the time to run a deficit. Government orders have stimulated the economy, and reduced taxation has increased investment and consumer spending. Interest rates just happen to be near all time lows, as well. And it's not like Homeland Security and Military spending can be shorted these days.

As far as terrorism goes, I do not share your assumptions about what the terrorists think. OBL must be laughing his ass off at dubya right now.

From Hell?

He masterminds the brutal attacks against the US on September 11 but Bush attacks someone else!

Hey you remember a country called Afganistan?

OBL must be wondering what exactly he has to do to get W's attention.

From Hell?

Saddam is in jail and that's good for the Iraqis, but for the victims of 9/11, which include all Americans, that just hasen't gotten to the top of W's things to do list.

The victims are dead. Bush can do nothing for them.

No, I think OSL thinks W is a joke. OSL has probably sent him a campaign contribution as an investment in his own personal security.

From Hell?

You know, you have to love it when Democrats are pushing for us to close the deficit. I believe it was Reagan who said that you can tell your message is winning when your opposition starts demanding we do what we want.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
As far as taxes goes, fiscal responsibility is a higher priority than tax cuts. Either taxes will have to go up or spending will have to go down. Leaving a massive debt for our children and grandchildren is not the answer. So far, Bush has set a record for increased federal spending, with growth rates at 26%. Not even a democratic president with a democratic house and senate have matched that explosing in federal spending. While some of the spending increases is for defense, most of it is not. Bush has not votoed a single spending bill since taking office, presided over the largest increase in a federal entitlement program, as well as massive increases in education, transportation and farm subsidies. I would add that even spending that I support such as increased expenditures for homeland security should be paid for, not simply added to the huge national debt that our kids will have to pay off at a time when federal expenditures due to increased demand by the retiring baby boomers will be straining the treasury.
I see you haven't denied that Kerry will raise taxes. So I have one question: How does raising taxes equate to fiscal responsibility and reduced spending?

As far as terrorism goes, I do not share your assumptions about what the terrorists think. OBL must be laughing his ass off at dubya right now. He masterminds the brutal attacks against the US on September 11 but Bush attacks someone else! OBL must be wondering what exactly he has to do to get W's attention. Saddam is in jail and that's good for the Iraqis, but for the victims of 9/11, which include all Americans, that just hasen't gotten to the top of W's things to do list.

You honestly believe OBL is more afraid of Kerry than he is Bush? Why do you think al qaida is in Iraq now? I think OBL know he needs to keep Bush occupied cause after we have done our duty in Iraq, OBL knows he's next on the chopping block.

I am also noticing more and more that nobody, not even the libs are talking about much less supporting Kerry. No one can come up with one good thing he will do if elected. I truly beleive this election is going to be about who votes for and who votes against Bush. Cause I don't see many people voting FOR Kerry if ya know what i mean.

Just remember, there is a war going on, and I believe that either none or maybe only one other President has ever been voted out of office during a war.

I think the Prez will win.

What the people are saying now and what they'll do when the get in the booth can be two totally different things.

Look at it this way gop guy. We are still basically a democracy. The people are behind the president, as evidenced by the fact that Kerry must OFFICIALLY be for the war. He might as well just go home if he starts spouting the antiAmerican shit we all know he feels in his heart, and he knows it. Americans are still a reasonable people. Rush and Fox News have turned the tide.

Forum List

Back