The Catholic Church- Protecting Itself at the Expense of Sex Abuse Victims

Progressives have issues with the Church. I get it. But I don't get the blatant antisemtism.

View attachment 264869

View attachment 264870
Stark Waving Mad: The Palestinian Flag Has No Place at the DNC

Democratic leader takes heat as anti-Semitism vote roils Florida
images

images

After no-shows in Jerusalem, Democrats also absent from Israeli Embassy DC party
hypocrisy.jpg

images

Are you in the right thread?

Any time a thread is about Islam, various posters turn it into either an anti-Christian bash fest or ant antisemitic bash fest.

Where have you been in all those hundreds of threads reminding people of the same thing?

In any case, I loathe people protecting pedophiles and I support the notion of staying on topic. I just wish you were not so selective about such a notion.

Wow......not selective at all, two totally different topics and I was not the only one who noticed and called it.

My point is why do you Progressives selectively decide what does and does not offend you?

This is absolutely horrendous ! Truly sickening !The Catholic Church has surely lost its way. This is far worse than allowing the culture that leads to sexual abuse in the church to exist and thrive. Now they are trying to a modicum of justice is denied to the victims to protect themselves.

Report: Catholic Church Spent $10.6 Million To Lobby Against Victims Of Child Sex Abuse

Re-victimizing the victims: In yet another example of moral failure, a new report shows the Catholic
CBS News reports:

A new report released Tuesday reveals that, over the past eight years, the Catholic Church has spent $10.6 million in the northeastern United States to fight legislation that would help victims of clergy sexual abuse seek justice.

Church spent $10.6 million to lobby against legislation that would benefit victims of child sex abuse.

The new report, called “Church Influencing State: How the Catholic Church Spent Millions Against Survivors of Clergy Abuse,” paints an alarming and unflattering picture of the Catholic Church using millions of dollars to fight legislation that would allow the many survivors of rape and sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy to find some modicum of justice.

I wasn't brave enough to click the link but I'll back death penalty sentences for those who don't turn in abusers and removal of different tax laws for churches vs other businesses. If they don't turn a profit fine, but.....

I'm tired of confessional protections of pedophiles.
What a moment in history, the Church supporting child molesters, illegals jumping the border, George Soros Foundations, and whatever. I use to repect and supported the church but now I am seeing a lot of evil becoming behind the curtain. Makes you wonder how much is false that we were told was true.

Any time a thread is about Islam, various posters turn it into either an anti-Christian bash fest or ant antisemitic bash fest.

Where have you been in all those hundreds of threads reminding people of the same thing?

In any case, I loathe people protecting pedophiles and I support the notion of staying on topic. I just wish you were not so selective about such a notion.

Wow......not selective at all, two totally different topics and I was not the only one who noticed and called it.

My point is why do you Progressives selectively decide what does and does not offend you?

Moral Relativism is their religion . . . the justification of self and the needs of self above that of all others. Ask any ethics 101 professor. The radical American left wants each of us to devise and implement our own unique moral code, rather than believe for an instant that a universal code of right and wrong exist. Without the foundational connection to a code of ancient moral behaviors which never change, the American People can be swayed to do or accept any evil. Variable morality is the name of their game and they've been winning on this front in America for decades.

Considering there are a hundred examples of the trend I pointed out for each one you decry, here, not only are you selective, but extremely determined to be so.

You realize that everyone does that, right? You are choosing to not be offended by priest pedophile behavior to the point of trying hard to derail this thread to a totally different topic....it isn't going unnoticed.

This is absolutely horrendous ! Truly sickening !The Catholic Church has surely lost its way. This is far worse than allowing the culture that leads to sexual abuse in the church to exist and thrive. Now they are trying to a modicum of justice is denied to the victims to protect themselves.

Report: Catholic Church Spent $10.6 Million To Lobby Against Victims Of Child Sex Abuse

Re-victimizing the victims: In yet another example of moral failure, a new report shows the Catholic
CBS News reports:

A new report released Tuesday reveals that, over the past eight years, the Catholic Church has spent $10.6 million in the northeastern United States to fight legislation that would help victims of clergy sexual abuse seek justice.

Church spent $10.6 million to lobby against legislation that would benefit victims of child sex abuse.

The new report, called “Church Influencing State: How the Catholic Church Spent Millions Against Survivors of Clergy Abuse,” paints an alarming and unflattering picture of the Catholic Church using millions of dollars to fight legislation that would allow the many survivors of rape and sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy to find some modicum of justice.

I wasn't brave enough to click the link but I'll back death penalty sentences for those who don't turn in abusers and removal of different tax laws for churches vs other businesses. If they don't turn a profit fine, but.....

What a moment in history, the Church supporting child molesters, illegals jumping the border, George Soros Foundations, and whatever. I use to repect and supported the church but now I am seeing a lot of evil becoming behind the curtain. Makes you wonder how much is false that we were told was true.

If the Catholic Church was run by Jesus like Catholics they would be more non political, or at least passive aggressive political. Jesus would probably suggest you open your borders, all that Samaritan talk in the New Testament really outweighed the nationalist talk, but I also don't think he'd hide child molesters.

Moral Relativism is their religion . . . the justification of self and the needs of self above that of all others. Ask any ethics 101 professor. The radical American left wants each of us to devise and implement our own unique moral code, rather than believe for an instant that a universal code of right and wrong exist. Without the foundational connection to a code of ancient moral behaviors which never change, the American People can be swayed to do or accept any evil. Variable morality is the name of their game and they've been winning on this front in America for decades.

And....back to the topic of the thread....priest pedophilia and the Catholic Hierarchy that protects it...........

Considering there are a hundred examples of the trend I pointed out for each one you decry, here, not only are you selective, but extremely determined to be so.

Catholic priests pedophiles and the Hierarchy that protects them.......the topic of this thread in case anyone is getting confused.

You realize that everyone does that, right? You are choosing to not be offended by priest pedophile behavior to the point of trying hard to derail this thread to a totally different topic....it isn't going unnoticed.

Except I said what the Church did was terrible. I agree but why vilify that and not this? I 100% disagree with how the Catholic Church has handled this. Do you agree how your party has treated Jews recently?

Catholic priests pedophiles and the Hierarchy that protects them.......the topic of this thread in case anyone is getting confused.

Yep and I vilify it 100%. I think there should be severe punishments as deemed appropriate by the courts.

CBS News reports:

If the Catholic Church was run by Jesus like Catholics they would be more non political, or at least passive aggressive political. Jesus would probably suggest you open your borders, all that Samaritan talk in the New Testament really outweighed the nationalist talk, but I also don't think he'd hide child molesters.
As someone else pointed out...this priest/minister tendency towards being sexual predators is a thing. People, wise parents, should never trust their children alone with any man of the cloth considering what we've been learning.

Except I said what the Church did was terrible. I agree but why vilify that and not this? I 100% disagree with how the Catholic Church has handled this. Do you agree how your party has treated Jews recently?
I'm glad to hear that you agree that what the Church is doing in protecting pedophile priests is terrible.

CBS News reports:

As someone else pointed out...this priest/minister tendency towards being sexual predators is a thing. People, wise parents, should never trust their children alone with any man of the cloth considering what we've been learning.

Correct. 100%. We actually agree

I'm glad to hear that you agree that what the Church is doing in protecting pedophile priests is terrible.

100%. Any rational human being would see that. Hence so many are closing. People are turning away by the 1000s.

Yep. You are correct about that.

When certain mods and posters turn the next thread about Islam into a bash fest of either Christianity or Judaism, I will be expecting you at my side to denounce the topic derailment.

100%. Any rational human being would see that. Hence so many are closing. People are turning away by the 1000s.
I agree...when you cannot trust the leader of the church to keep their hands off your wife, your daughter, your son..................well.........

Yep. You are correct about that.

When certain mods and posters turn the next thread about Islam into a bash fest of either Christianity or Judaism, I will be expecting you at my side to denounce the topic derailment.
Send me a pm and I'll be there.

Forum List

Back