So there's no purpose to change, not even being tired of the status quo?
Serious question: as a woman, would you support legalizing rape since it has been outlawed for over a century and rapists are “tired of the status quo”?

Isn’t “progress” to undo old and outdated laws? Let’s “progress” to rape - shall we? :eusa_doh:

I wouldn't force anyone to progress. The real question is how does one keep people from wanting to progress, and more importantly can we keep people from progressing if they are alive? Might try to not progress, and see if you can do it.

Your problem remains: you keep blindly insisting that what YOU want is "progress", and everyone has to accept that definition.
I don't think that's a definition.
What I want is immaterial, progress seems to be part of the human condition. Look about you and all you can see is human progress. Were stone tools part of human progress, how about clothes? In any case, so far mankind has not been able to stop human progress. We may have even made progress in some of our governments. We progress at your own rate, and how we see the need to progress.

No, honey, CHANGE is part of the human condition. Change is not automatically progress; it's just change. You should wrap your mind around that.

Inherently? No. The purpose is conveyed by the person making the change, and whether or not it is "progress" depends on whether or not its outcome is positive.
And who decides the positive outcome, or lack of?

Serious question: as a woman, would you support legalizing rape since it has been outlawed for over a century and rapists are “tired of the status quo”?

Isn’t “progress” to undo old and outdated laws? Let’s “progress” to rape - shall we? :eusa_doh:
Progress is to improve the laws so they work as society wants and expects.

So you're saying you do support legalizing rape? You just don't want to outright say it. Am I understanding you correctly here?

After studying hundreds of years of history, conservatives have the solutions down to a science - while progressives continue to toil in catastrophic failure as they ignore reality in favor of ideology.

As Ronald Reagan stated - "weakness invites aggression". When Bill Clinton refused to deal with Al Qaeda and pulled out of Somalia at the first sign of a fight (like a coward), he convinced the world that America was cowardly. That emboldened the world. That coupled with failing to deal with Al Qaeda gave them the time and motivation to plan and execute 9/11. The mastermind of the attack - Khalid Sheik Mohammed - admitted that they were stunned by the response by the Bush Administration and that the Bush strategy prevented more attacks.

“Then he looked at me and said, ‘How was I supposed to know that cowboy George Bush would announce he wanted us ‘dead or alive’ and then invade Afghanistan to hunt us down?’” Mitchell writes.

“KSM explained that if the United States had treated 9/11 like a law enforcement matter, he would have had time to launch a second wave of attacks.” He was not able to do so because al-Qaeda was stunned “by the ferocity and swiftness of George W. Bush’s response.”

Had Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush been in office instead of Bill Clinton, 9/11 never happens. Weakness invites aggression. And the progressive idealistic weakness has invited unspeakable horrors against the U.S. It was done once again by Barack Obama - by making heavy cuts to our U.S. military (sending a signal to enemies) and by sending billions in ransom money to Iran.

A horrifying look into the mind of 9/11’s mastermind, in his own words

Bush could have stopped 9-11.

The framers dropped them and rewrote the plan for governing the new nation.
And have you properly and legally “rewritten” the U.S. Constitution through an amendment? No? Then you are just mindlessly driveling while acknowledging that everything the left engages in is unconstitutional.
I was using the Articles of Confederation.

Your problem remains: you keep blindly insisting that what YOU want is "progress", and everyone has to accept that definition.
I don't think that's a definition.
What I want is immaterial, progress seems to be part of the human condition. Look about you and all you can see is human progress. Were stone tools part of human progress, how about clothes? In any case, so far mankind has not been able to stop human progress. We may have even made progress in some of our governments. We progress at your own rate, and how we see the need to progress.

No, honey, CHANGE is part of the human condition. Change is not automatically progress; it's just change. You should wrap your mind around that.

Inherently? No. The purpose is conveyed by the person making the change, and whether or not it is "progress" depends on whether or not its outcome is positive.
And who decides the positive outcome, or lack of?

The people affected by it.

So you're saying you do support legalizing rape? You just don't want to outright say it. Am I understanding you correctly here?

You can't be so dumb as to assume this from the response you got.

Conservative economic policy was taking us into a depression. Conservatives have no answers.

The real question is how do we stop progress? If we look at history It seems that some humans are constantly trying to improve their existence by making changes. It must frighten the hell out of some people that nothing they seem to do can stop the changes. And so progress goes on. Was it was the development of the human brain?

No, the REAL question is "How do we differentiate 'progress' from 'pointless and potentially destructive change for its own sake'?"

It must frighten the hell out of some people that they can't force others to pretend entropy is progress.
As in science we think over the proposals for improvement and decide if they have merit. If they have merit or think they do, we modify them even more, if needed, and finally we might put the proposals into play. That is exactly what happened with our Constitution, It is also used in the scientific method, many business practices and our daily lives.

What the left does bears no resemblance to "science" or "thinking". Of course, it also bears no resemblance to "improvement", either.
Do you have any idea of the history of science?

Wow, the things I say. Progress is to improve, not just change the laws. Can rape laws be made more effective so they cut down on the number of rapes? Can laws be changed so they cut down on the number of school shootings? If so, would that be progress?

I wonder if you are capable of understanding correctly?

The real problem with the Democrats is that we weren't able to stop:
Trillions of lost revenue from the Bush Tax cuts for the rich.
The two unpaid for wars.
Trillions more of lost revenue from the Trump tax cuts for needy billionaires.
We didn't protect tens of thousands of US Soldiers Bush sent off to GOP war folly.
Our hands were pretty much tied by the GOP. If only there were things we could have done.

The framers dropped them and rewrote the plan for governing the new nation.
And have you properly and legally “rewritten” the U.S. Constitution through an amendment? No? Then you are just mindlessly driveling while acknowledging that everything the left engages in is unconstitutional.
I was using the Articles of Confederation.
Yes..well we all know that the U.S. Constitution was legally written and ratified. Don't attempt to redirect the issue. Which is how you support unconstitutional laws.

I wonder if you are capable of understanding correctly?
I wonder if you're capable of being a mature adult. You're intentionally ambiguous every time out of a very immature fear of being proven wrong or trapped in a "gotcha" moment.

It's a simple question: do you or do you not support legalizing rape in the name of "progress"? A simple yes or no (followed by a further explanation if you so choose) will do.

Our hands were pretty much tied by the GOP. If only there were things we could have done.
Well that should have been true. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Your side doesn't believe in the rule of law, the U.S. Constitution, or the voice of the people. Remember when Barack Insane Obama bragged that he had (and I quote) "a pen and a phone"? That he would (and I quote again) "act when Congress wouldn't"?

Yeah. 'Nough said.

We didn't protect tens of thousands of US Soldiers Bush sent off to GOP war folly.
I always find it interesting that the Dumbcorats never care enough about soldiers to pay them, provide them quality healthcare, fund them with the tools, equipment, and technology they need, or care about their lives when people like Obama send them off to die in Egypt, Libya, and Syria.

But man will they feign "outrage" over Afghanistan and Iraq. :eusa_doh:

The real question is how do we stop progress? If we look at history It seems that some humans are constantly trying to improve their existence by making changes. It must frighten the hell out of some people that nothing they seem to do can stop the changes. And so progress goes on. Was it was the development of the human brain?

No, the REAL question is "How do we differentiate 'progress' from 'pointless and potentially destructive change for its own sake'?"

It must frighten the hell out of some people that they can't force others to pretend entropy is progress.
As in science we think over the proposals for improvement and decide if they have merit. If they have merit or think they do, we modify them even more, if needed, and finally we might put the proposals into play. That is exactly what happened with our Constitution, It is also used in the scientific method, many business practices and our daily lives.

What the left does bears no resemblance to "science" or "thinking". Of course, it also bears no resemblance to "improvement", either.
Do you have any idea of the history of science?

Since you jammed two different posts from two different people together in this, it automatically is disqualified from deserving a response.

Just wanted to let you know.

Bush could have stopped 9-11.
He had 8 months, Bill Clinton's depleted military, and Bill Clinton's depleted military budget. That's a big ask.

Clinton had 8 years. Not only did he go out of his way to allow Bin Laden to operate out in the open, he spent all 8 years cutting the military budget and shrinking the U.S. military. The entire recruitment, financing, training, and planning phases all occurred under the Clinton Administration. Period.

Conservative economic policy was taking us into a depression. Conservatives have no answers.
When? Every depression and recession in U.S. history occurred under Dumbocrat control (the Great Depression, Jimmy Carter's Great Recession, Barack Insane Obama's recession, etc.).

The Dumbocrats had COMPLETE control of Congress for two years before Obama was sworn in. It's not surprise that's when everything started going downhill. And let's not forget Bill Clinton's 1997 Community Re-Investment Act that collapsed the housing market.

Forum List

Back