the case of Troy Davis shows exactly why the dealth pentalty should be banned

I understand that most of those people that testified against him recanted their testimony. And of the two that didn't, one of them is suspected by some of being the murderer.

9 out of 34 witnesses signed affidavits contradicting what they testified to in court. However, the Davis defense team refused to allow these witness testify to their affidavits in court. That's because their affidavits would not stand up under cross examination.

Two perfectly just executions on the same day, yet the left is on quiet time regarding the other that took place in Texas....
...All....

....due to "conservatives'" LAZINESS and FEAR of Science.

As-long-as we KEEP executing these people.....rather than trying to....DETECT & END murderous-behavior.....the blood of innocents.....murdered, in the Future....will ALWAYS be on "conservatives'" hands.

You "conservatives" TALK about Deterrence.....but, you're too fuckin' cheap & lazy to (actually) work on Deterrence......and, the entertainment-value (of Executions) is too-much for you to resist.​

Interestingly, in 'civilized' Europe... ordinary people are pleading with their governments to re-instate it. Go figure.
That's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh??

LimbaughPig.jpg

handjob.gif

I suppose from an intellectual argument point of view, I would oppose the death penalty. I'm for government being as limited as possible and the idea of the state executing its citizens just doesn't sit right with me. That said, I'm not for giving murderers anything other than 24 hour lock down. The idea a child or cop killer watching cable TV, interacting with other inmates, receiving visitors, getting an education, working out, etc while in jail sickens me. It's supposed to be punishment for heaven's sake!

From a personal, gut feeling point of view, I find it hard to muster much sympathy for the execution of someone that is clearly guilty of murder in the first degree. I guess at the end of the day, I really don't care about the scumbag.

Either way, I think we have far more important issues to deal with than the death penalty. Just my two cents...
How 'bout if the next-suspect is someone in your family.....someone who was known to have been.....

Two perfectly just executions on the same day, yet the left is on quiet time regarding the other that took place in Texas....
...All....

As-long-as we KEEP executing these people.....rather than trying to....DETECT & END murderous-behavior.....the blood of innocents.....murdered, in the Future....will ALWAYS be on "conservatives'" hands.

You "conservatives" TALK about Deterrence.....but, you're too fuckin' cheap & lazy to (actually) work on Deterrence......and, the entertainment-value (of Executions) is too-much for you to resist.​

Some clowns should never be given crayons....

...All....

True.

Of course, I no longer SEE his CENTERED, FONT-ALTERED and highly COLORFUL but gibberish laden posts unless someone quotes that blithering yipping imbecile. Instead, all I must see is shit like this:

Unread Today, 12:41 PM
Remove user from ignore list
Mr. Shaman
This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list.
View Post Unread Today, 12:47 PM
Mr. Shaman
View Post Unread Today, 12:59 PM
Mr. Shaman

Much better. :cool:

I suppose from an intellectual argument point of view, I would oppose the death penalty. I'm for government being as limited as possible and the idea of the state executing its citizens just doesn't sit right with me. That said, I'm not for giving murderers anything other than 24 hour lock down. The idea a child or cop killer watching cable TV, interacting with other inmates, receiving visitors, getting an education, working out, etc while in jail sickens me. It's supposed to be punishment for heaven's sake!

From a personal, gut feeling point of view, I find it hard to muster much sympathy for the execution of someone that is clearly guilty of murder in the first degree. I guess at the end of the day, I really don't care about the scumbag.
How 'bout if he was still 4-or-5-years-old....and, his parents used him....

.....but, you never intervene, because.....after all.....every parent is entitled to discipline their child, any way they see fit, and......besides.....you're kind o' anxious to see that child reach......

.....so you get to show him what
REAL DISCIPLINE LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!

You "conservatives" can be some seriously-sadistic pricks.​

Ga inmate's execution nears; protests worldwide - Yahoo! News

complete bullshit, an innocent man will die tonight because of a corrupt govenrment

Troy Davis is not innocent. It astounds me how people that don't know anything about this case are all of a sudden up in arms. Countless witnesses testified they had seen Davis shoot that police officer, and two others testified that Davis personally confessed to them, and years later some, not all, changed their stories. These people should be charged with perjury and put in a cell right next to this murderer.

Not to mention he has lost every appeal and subsequent court hearings. He has been convicted three times.

But you are an expert and know definitively that Davis is innocent. What is complete bullshit is your feigning outrage at something that you read on a blog recently.

It doesn't matter whether Troy Davis is guilty or innocent. Execution is still inhumane, and it puts the state down to the level of brutality of a criminal who commits heinous crimes, plus the death penalty is all too often used as a tool for discriminating against poorer people, especially non-whites. I admit to not knowing the facts, due to not having followed the story about Troy Davis, but whether he's innocent or guilty, a society or culture that wishes to become civilized does not solve the problem of heinous crime(s) by executing its perpetrators.

...All....

Great deflection, there.

Thinkin' makes your head hurt, huh?

It's gotta be one o' them, there Teabagger-things.​

complete bullshit, an innocent man will die tonight because of a corrupt govenrment

Troy Davis is not innocent. It astounds me how people that don't know anything about this case are all of a sudden up in arms. Countless witnesses testified they had seen Davis shoot that police officer, and two others testified that Davis personally confessed to them, and years later some, not all, changed their stories. These people should be charged with perjury and put in a cell right next to this murderer.

Not to mention he has lost every appeal and subsequent court hearings. He has been convicted three times.

But you are an expert and know definitively that Davis is innocent. What is complete bullshit is your feigning outrage at something that you read on a blog recently.

It doesn't matter whether Troy Davis is guilty or innocent. Execution is still inhumane, and it puts the state down to the level of brutality of a criminal who commits heinous crimes, plus the death penalty is all too often used as a tool for discriminating against poorer people, especially non-whites.
.....Just one more tool outta the racists' Exclusion Tool-Bag.

(i.e....there's no need to share-the-wealth with anyone who's locked-up or dead.)

It doesn't matter whether Troy Davis is guilty or innocent. Execution is still inhumane, and it puts the state down to the level of brutality of a criminal who commits heinous crimes, plus the death penalty is all too often used as a tool for discriminating against poorer people, especially non-whites. I admit to not knowing the facts, due to not having followed the story about Troy Davis, but whether he's innocent or guilty, a society or culture that wishes to become civilized does not solve the problem of heinous crime(s) by executing its perpetrators.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. They tend to stink.

Execution is not necessarily inhumane. It is final, though.

And it doesn't bring the state down to the level of the condemned, either. It puts a very big exclamation point on the rule of law in society. And it could well be said that this elevates the state FAR above the brutal scum that receive the death penalty.

And we don't WISH to become civilized. We already are. We might STAY a civilized society -- that is we might have the ability to remain A society at all -- if we execute some of the heinous scum that have brought the weight of the law and justice down upon them.

Personally, I am not a very strong advocate for capital punishment. But if we are going to have the debate, let's do it without all the emotional hyperbole.

...All....

....due to "conservatives'" LAZINESS and FEAR of Science.​

As-long-as we KEEP executing these people.....rather than trying to....DETECT & END murderous-behavior.....the blood of innocents.....murdered, in the Future....will ALWAYS be on "conservatives'" hands.​

True.

Of course, I no longer SEE his CENTERED, FONT-ALTERED and highly COLORFUL but gibberish laden posts unless someone quotes that blithering yipping imbecile. Instead, all I must see is shit like this:

Unread Today, 12:41 PM
Mr. Shaman
View Post Unread Today, 12:47 PM
Mr. Shaman
View Post Unread Today, 12:59 PM
Mr. Shaman

Much better. :cool:
It's best I've found to put him on his vehicle, pat him on the head, mutter there, there... and send him on his merry way.

tricycle.gif

What I am saying is: based on the evidence and the numerous court proceedings and subsequent appeals, Troy Davis is guilty.

That’s not the issue.

Davis was indeed guilty but did the facts of the case justify the death penalty. Determination of guilt and determination of the appropriate punishment are two separate proceedings.

He's guilty enough to be imprisoned for the rest of his life but not to be executed. So how guilty but not really guilty is that exactly? Damn you're fucking stupid.

Actually it’s not stupid, the use of a bifurcated proceeding is necessary for a sentence of death to be Constitutional per Gregg v. Georgia (1976), Indeed, Gregg requires each state to adhere to a very careful process when considering the death penalty.

Two perfectly just executions on the same day, yet the left is on quiet time regarding the other that took place in Texas..... :thup:

The one in Texas is interesting for one reason. That execution was of the man the NAACP and the Left spent practically all of George W Bush's terms as President castigating him for or accusing him of: George W Bush, according to the NAACP, either aided and abetted the murder of the victim, ordered it, tried to cover it up, applauded the perpetrator, tried to aid in his defense, or actually came down and assisted the perp as he chained the victim to his pickup truck and told him we're gonna see how fast you can run, can you run faster than this man can push the gas pedal to the floor. But, then we know all about the NAACP's friend Jeremiah Wright, now, "Its not God bless America! Its God d@mn America!" That's why they were silent on this execution, the Left had been there many times before and figured it was better to "Let sleeping dogs lie"
Where does the Left get the stuff they either smoke or inhale up through their noses, anyway?

Nice dodge there. Almost got hit with the evidence you wanted.

Don't like being proven wrong though, do you?

That IS what he asked for. He didn't get it.

He's not been proved wrong.

OTOH, there HAVE been cases where a guy who got convicted of a capital crime and who got the death sentence was subsequently shown to be NOT guilty. Thankfully, in those cases, the condemned prisoner had not gotten executed.

There is a very clear example from the UK that the execution of a man was shown to be wrongful after his death. It's why they no longer have the death penalty.
? what does that matter? Wrong country and a completely different legal system. Does not apply.
I asked for one case that was proven an innocent man was executed, and that Wikipedia page doesn't have one.

I should also clarify modern history.

Still waiting.

are you joking? look at the cases where people were saved after DNA testing was done

Yes, and those cases validated the judicial system and exonerated those men during the appeals process. None of them were executed.

Now focus, I asked for one case where it was proven that an innocent man was executed in modern history.
You won't fond one BUT your logic as to the reason why, I believe, is false. In general, it does not behoove the state to continue to investigate a person's innocence after he or she has been executed. As a matter of fact, it would be extremely unlikely that anyone would take that mantel up that was capable of doing so. It just does not work that way. Has an innocent been executed, I would assume that it has happened sometime somewhere but it is extremely unlikely. The question really is whether or not our system has sufficient protections to prevent that act from occurring. I believe that it does. In today's climate, a false conviction is even more unlikely due to advanced forensic techniques.

This case is obviously motivated by politics as there is virtually no reason to believe that the individual is innocent. As said by another poster, this is the exact wrong case to be attacking the death penalty over. The problem is that Perry is on the center stage and it is awakening the anti-death penalty crowd again. They need a case to fight and with so few cases and even less that have a crack to exploit, they had to take what they had.

His last appeal was on the grounds that the sentancing trial the jury was tainted by racial testimony.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your complaint is during sentancing, then your pretty much admitting admitting that the trial itself was cool.

Also, this was in Georgia ... No word at all about the execution of another killer in Texas, no outrage about that one, no cries to spare his life, no international uproar about capital punishment in that case ... Why not? Capital punishment is capital punishment right? Why is there no outrage about the other execution happening the same day in Texas?

I'll tell you

The murderer was a white supremist that dragged a black man behind his car for several miles. No reason for Jessie Jackson to get up in arms in that capital punishment case is there?

Hypocrites

Forum List

Back