The case for trickle up economics

We'll give tax breaks to the poor so they will have more money with which to invent products and create jobs to make those products???
Is there a simpler way to end this depression??

don't know that we need the poor to invent products,

yes since the rich like Romney start companies that sell new products.
THe poor don't for sure

but have the disposable income to spend. But yes, we need the middle class to have the means to spend, which creates jobs which fuels the economy.

wow so you want to give the poor and middle class money to spend which fuels the economy and creates jobs???

Thats is of course perfectly liberal and stupid. If it worked we could just print money for them or tax the rich to get the money for the poor and middle class.

Econ 101 class one day one for you: we got from the stone age to here because the rich invented new products, not because the poor bought them.

Tell me the last product that a rich person invented that no one wanted but sold well and turned a profit simply because he was rich.

iPod. Steve Jobs.
ANy other stupid questions?

Kind of clueless, aren't you?

They don't invent things. They DO provide the capital for those who do invent things to bring them to market. Which increases the standard of living for everyone.

Trickle up economics is an absurd notion.

If I went to the corner crack whore and applied for a job, I wonder how much money he'd be willing to pay Me?

Now, trickle down economics has been shown and proven to work. I can even provide the perfect example of it happening.

In December of 2008, those who were providing the economic stimulus to this country suffered horribly when the financiers of our economy were exposed as greedy bastards. When the economy collapsed, it trickled down to every American in weeks.

Lol, shit always rolls downhill.
So does everything else......

No it doesn't, if it did there would be some kind of direct correlation of earnings across all income classes

obama-will-pay-all-your-bills-you-in-favor-yes-or-no1.jpg

We'll give tax breaks to the poor so they will have more money with which to invent products and create jobs to make those products???
Is there a simpler way to end this depression??

yes since the rich like Romney start companies that sell new products.
THe poor don't for sure

wow so you want to give the poor and middle class money to spend which fuels the economy and creates jobs???

Thats is of course perfectly liberal and stupid. If it worked we could just print money for them or tax the rich to get the money for the poor and middle class.

Econ 101 class one day one for you: we got from the stone age to here because the rich invented new products, not because the poor bought them.

Tell me the last product that a rich person invented that no one wanted but sold well and turned a profit simply because he was rich.

iPod. Steve Jobs.

No one wanted an iPod? LOL.

Great response...the iPod was a shitty idea that was simply popular just because Steve Jobs had money.

Solid response....:eusa_eh:

The rich really don't invent things and never have, they pay people to invent things or buy up patents from smaller competitors. The only thing that makes them so fucking special and worthy of worship is money.

They don't invent things. They DO provide the capital for those who do invent things to bring them to market. Which increases the standard of living for everyone.

If I went to the corner crack whore and applied for a job, I wonder how much money he'd be willing to pay Me?

Now, trickle down economics has been shown and proven to work. I can even provide the perfect example of it happening.

In December of 2008, those who were providing the economic stimulus to this country suffered horribly when the financiers of our economy were exposed as greedy bastards. When the economy collapsed, it trickled down to every American in weeks.

Can you give an example of prosperity trickling down?
Sure...

I'll even stick with the theme of the inventors turned uber rich guys..

Microsoft and Apple have provided jobs and opportunity for thousands of individuals and have spawned hundreds of company's that make hundreds of products for Microsoft and Apple. These spawned companies provide thousands more jobs to people who have worked hard to earn specific skills.

Another example is the entire auto industry that surrounds Ford and their products. Who knows how many jobs and prosperity that Ford Motor company provides.

There are the literally thousands of small businesses that employ local people to do work, thereby giving them a paycheck. That paycheck is used to purchase other products that in turn stimulate those businesses to grow and expand into other products. There are new products in the works from the R&D of companies that provide financing of this research and provide funding to bring them to market.

There are examples of trickle up economics all around you.

iPod. Steve Jobs.

Great response...the iPod was a shitty idea that was simply popular just because Steve Jobs had money.

Where were those millions of people clamoring for one before they were invented?
Simp.

Lol, shit always rolls downhill.
So does everything else......

No it doesn't, if it did there would be some kind of direct correlation of earnings across all income classes
No there isn't, nor should there be.

There IS, however, one direcgt correlation of earnings in direct relations to trickle down economics.

If you are working, you are better off economically than when you were not.

Do not confuse prosperity with being rich.

iPod. Steve Jobs.

Where were those millions of people clamoring for one before they were invented?
Simp.

Not surprisingly you're missing the point. I'm not saying that the rich can't invent something that people want. The point is that simply having money to invest doesn't guarantee a product will be successful. The market determines which products make it and which products don't, not how deep the pockets of the inventor are.

Simp.

Not surprisingly you're missing the point. I'm not saying that the rich can't invent something that people want. The point is that simply having money to invest doesn't guarantee a product will be successful. The market determines which products make it and which products don't, not how deep the pockets of the inventor are.
People who invest millions of dollars in products that have no demand deserve to be broke.

People who get rich do so by investing in products and inventions that people DO want. Its called market research.

Simp.

People who invest millions of dollars in products that have no demand deserve to be broke.

People who get rich do so by investing in products and inventions that people DO want. Its called market research.

Exactly. That's the point! Investors base their decisions on what the market is asking for or what the market research tells them. If the market doesn't want a product, an investor doesn't create a product because he knows it wont sell. And similarly, if the market doesn't have money to spend, an investor knows to hold off until the market can afford to spend on what he wants to produce.

So ultimately it's the market and it's power to purchase that will drive the economy.

Sure...

Microsoft and Apple have provided jobs and opportunity for thousands of individuals and have spawned hundreds of company's that make hundreds of products for Microsoft and Apple. These spawned companies provide thousands more jobs to people who have worked hard to earn specific skills.

Another example is the entire auto industry that surrounds Ford and their products. Who knows how many jobs and prosperity that Ford Motor company provides.

There are the literally thousands of small businesses that employ local people to do work, thereby giving them a paycheck. That paycheck is used to purchase other products that in turn stimulate those businesses to grow and expand into other products. There are new products in the works from the R&D of companies that provide financing of this research and provide funding to bring them to market.

A paycheck is earned, not given.

So ultimately it's the market and it's power to purchase that will drive the economy.

What you don't get, because you are economically retarded, is that 'demand' is somewhat ubiquitous. Half of the world goes hungry.

PRODUCTIVITY creates the WEALTH that gives people the wherewithal to to satisfy their demands. A billion or so Chinese and Indians have jobs making things they could never hope to afford. Demand is fairly ubiquitous, and ability to purchase, not so much. It is all about the jobs - FIRST.

Our economy is not some stupid Keynesian theory fishbowl.

But in your case, why work when you can vote yourself Obama money?

Exactly. That's the point! Investors base their decisions on what the market is asking for or what the market research tells them. If the market doesn't want a product, an investor doesn't create a product because he knows it wont sell. And similarly, if the market doesn't have money to spend, an investor knows to hold off until the market can afford to spend on what he wants to produce.

Not really. The main power of the economy is not based upon invention, but upon needs.

A person sees a location that has a deficit of grocery stores, and so he or she opens one. They hire locally. They purchase their goods for sale from local distributors. That is trickle down economics.

A rural area has limited to no internet access. A person creates a company, hires employees to string cable, install or build computers, market the service and employes hundreds of people. Trickle down economics.

A major Aerospace firm buys a plot of land and builds a manufacturing center for the latest aircraft. They provide jobs to suppliers, local workers, and the local economy. . This mega factory spawns bars, restaurants, dance clubs, housing, auto sales, Internet providers, Communications providers like Verizon (cell phones), tech stores, pets stores, etc., etc......This is ALL trickled down economics.

Economies flourish, businesses open, people have jobs, dreams, recreation......They prosper....

Sure...

A paycheck is earned, not given.
You have a point?

Not really. The main power of the economy is not based upon invention, but upon needs.

I agree

A person sees a location that has a deficit of grocery stores, and so he or she opens one. They hire locally. They purchase their goods for sale from local distributors. That is trickle down economics.
That is the market determining the need. Not the person with the money to invest.

A rural area has limited to no internet access. A person creates a company, hires employees to string cable, install or build computers, market the service and employes hundreds of people. Trickle down economics.
Again fueled by consumer demand, not because a rich person had money to invest.

Yes that investment money then spurs growth and job creation, and additional business to pop up, but its all dependent on that initial spark which comes from consumer needs and consumer purchasing power.

Last edited:
What kind of tax breaks can we give to the poor that they don't already have? They pay no income tax and there is no sales tax on food stamp purchases. LBJ created the "war on poverty" more than forty years ago and thanks to the democrat plantation mentality we have more people on the federal dole than we ever had.

Forum List

Back