The case for the minimum wage

Deficits out of control.
deficits out of control.....explain.
Too much spending during a good economy. Interest rates still real low. When it slows there will be no options to speed it.
But, we aren't there, yet. Yes, there will be another recession, there is always recessions. We just aren't there, yet.
Interest rates have been rising slowly since Trump has been in office and that will slow down the economy slowly so to keep inflation in check.
That's healthy for the market.
I wouldn’t guess at when, but we are already spending like we are trying to get out of a recession. It’s not sustainable.
who is spending?
The federal government.

deficits out of control.....explain.
Too much spending during a good economy. Interest rates still real low. When it slows there will be no options to speed it.
But, we aren't there, yet. Yes, there will be another recession, there is always recessions. We just aren't there, yet.
Interest rates have been rising slowly since Trump has been in office and that will slow down the economy slowly so to keep inflation in check.
I wouldn’t guess at when, but we are already spending like we are trying to get out of a recession. It’s not sustainable.
who is spending?
The federal government.
and what? they bring in revenues to spend with.

who is spending?
The federal government.
You really don’t understand deficits?

who is spending?
The federal government.
sure I do, there has been a deficit every year I've been alive.

who is spending?
The federal government.
all I want to know is why you care all of the sudden.

I’ve cared since Perot.
post in here while obammy was president?
I assume you cared when obama was pres, but not now?

I’ve cared since Perot.
post in here while obammy was president?
I assume you cared when obama was pres, but not now?
I just said, there has been a deficit every year I've been alive. I would say history tells me I have no way of influencing the behavior of honest spending. The year SS went into effect, there was no way to stop spending. Privatize SS and then there is a chance. You agree?

If people didn't apply for minimum wage jobs and business had a hard time finding workers that would immensely help the nation? For minimum wage a person should up....part of the time. Hopefully those employers struggle. Then the nation does well.

it is astonishing and absurd that since Ted Kennedy died there have been few lawmakers campaigning to restore the minimum wage. a long overdue minimum wage hike would pour tens of billions of dollars into job-producing consumer demand, especially during a recession, which we're about to have.
Your recession call wasn't the best.

As for the Minimum Wage, Data:

UNEXPECTEDLY! Higher minimum wage means restaurants raise prices and fewer employee hours, survey finds.

Just kidding about unexpected, this is exactly what was expected.

Never forget that the real minimum wage is zero.

Forum List

Back