The Case for The Aether (resurrected)

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Grumblenuts, Jun 22, 2019.

1. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,506
    The electron orbits are the solutions of the Schrodinger's equation.

The Planck constant is universal.

Intensity is related to energy density, not the energy directly. The energy itself is a consequence of frequency and vice versa.

2. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Intensity was just one thing left notably absent. How about amplitude? Sort of important when considering energy, no? You appear to be parroting vapid institutionally derived opinions as though fact here. If so, kindly stop. This is the internet. Unsubstantiated opinions are a dime a dozen and a waste of time here. However, if you must, two conditions please: a) provide an authoritative source apparently backing your claim(s) (as I have done for the most part) and b) provide some idea of why this thing makes sense to you. Making sense is the primary objective here.

3. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    For example, dunno about you but when I ask Google "the solutions of the Schrodinger's equation are?", first hit is What is the Schrodinger equation, and how is it used? which mentions the word "orbital" exactly zero times.
    "The Planck constant is universal." - same
    "The energy itself is a consequence of frequency and vice versa." - actually "mass" wins the contest here.

4. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,506
    I don't do Google, because I have my university textbooks with this knowledge, which I am required to know and use in regular university work assignments and exams.

But to further answer your questions in your previous 2 posts, the electron orbits are given by the eigenvectors of the Schroedinger equation, and the total energies that can be measured are its eigenvalues.

Amplitude and intensity are interchangeable as they are proportional quantities, like frequency and kinetic energy are.

You don't need mass to get kinetic energy, you only need impulse. A photon for example has zero mass, but nonzero impulse.

Also, all of these things are facts, because these have been physically measured as early as in the 19th century. For example they made a very light wheel turn at different speeds depending on the color of the incidental light, and this speed didn't depend on the intensity of the light. So kinetic energy relates to frequency, not amplitude. Just an example.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Fine. Understood. I would never want nor expect you to challenge your professors on the basis of anything you might find here. By all means, get your "A"s by parroting back exactly the nonsense you find in those textbooks. I did the same 40 years or so ago. You're there to get a degree by paying the tuition and stroking the establishment's ego as best you possibly can. You must run that gauntlet so as to earn your rite of passage. To ascend. Get your degree. Be officially deemed some sort of authority. Be "in the club" where you desire to be. Higher status. Increased power. Higher pay. Better benefits.. than your average rat stuck in the same rat race.

Make no mistake though. You're not there to make sense. Far from it. Get an education perhaps? Ah life, tends to happen regardless. Try to keep in mind what good came from my generation doing much the same. Thanks to us and our wondrous degrees you're apt to be saddled with college loan debt the rest of your life for the crime of pursuing what is now considered a minimal education. Instead of wars to end all wars you now get to enjoy endless war. Increasing hatred, bigotry, imprisonment, slavery, inequality, mental illness, despair. I got a degree in chemistry then almost became an electrical engineer. I quit that pursuit mainly because, upon reflection, every single engineer I'd ever spent any significant time with turned out to be an asshole. Varying degrees of asshole to be sure, but assholes nonetheless. I didn't want to be an asshole nor purposely spend any of my remaining short life with assholes. You do what you gotta do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Nonsense. First off,
    QM is a pretend alternative explanation in constant search of demonstrable solutions it can lay claim to in retrospect. There's "no consensus" because all hate one another along with themselves as they well should for simply stealing everything while fucking it all up. I notice you too don't provide much of anything carefully. From Orbit (disambiguation) only one possibility is suggested from your usage: "Orbit (dynamics), in dynamical systems" further explained here. But right away "dynamic" actually means in action, not static. See, I think you really meant to say "Orbital" but, then again, don't really give a shit and have no actual clue. And why should you. No grades being passed out here. Make sense? Why? Who cares about making sense!

7. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Sure, I can write E = mc^(2), so all energy is proportional to mass since c^(2) is just a constant, right? We can simply presume "E" and "m" to be "universal" or this equation suitable in any context. Getting hit by a lightning bolt, for example, is absolutely equivalent to ("interchangeable" with) having any mass (say The Moon) fall on you times the speed of light squared. Ain't math fun!

8. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    So an "electron" or "photon" is really just a field, right? Say it. No, you can't because, like spacetime, QM exists to deny The Aether. It's deliberately dumb.

9. Grumblenuts

Grumblenuts Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    What you really mean is that the intensity and amplitude were held or presumed fixed. Obviously, increasing either would make the wheel spin faster. One can't just forget about them, vary them, or do away with them altogether. There would be no spinny without some measure of intensity or amplitude. This is your error over and over again. The light's frequency was experimentally demonstrated to be a controlling factor, one that proportionately increased a form of energy (light wheel spin speed).

Point being, the energy depends on more than the frequency and vice-versa. One could as easily write equations proportionately relating energy with intensity or with amplitude alone while presuming the frequency fixed. Doesn't make frequency irrelevant.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  10. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,506
    I agree, in the statistical sense.