The Caring Capitalist

I found this, also from your link, interesting as well:

Does Capitalism Exploit Workers? - YouTube!

And I didn't find it interesting, except in the sense that is was cute propaganda.

I recommend anyone like you who actually believes in deregulation to watch this hour long video:

Video: The Crash of 1929 | Watch American Experience Online | PBS Video

:lmao:

The stock market fold that began four years prior to the burst was not the result of deregulation, or a lack of regulatory measure.

The 1929 Stock Market Crash | Economic History Services

I found this, also from your link, interesting as well:

Does Capitalism Exploit Workers? - YouTube!

And I didn't find it interesting, except in the sense that is was cute propaganda.

I recommend anyone like you who actually believes in deregulation to watch this hour long video:

Video: The Crash of 1929 | Watch American Experience Online | PBS Video

:lmao:

The stock market fold that began four years prior to the burst was not the result of deregulation, or a lack of regulatory measure.

The 1929 Stock Market Crash | Economic History Services

Well, I suppose if I were inclinded to argue with you and the non sequitur you offer I could, but why? I will concede the primary cause of the 2008 crash - and there were many - was IMO greed.

Of course you believe it was greed. You obviously don't understand economics and human action.

Why the shift from 1929 to 2008? I mean, I know why, but do you?

Of course you believe it was greed. You obviously don't understand economics and human action.

Why the shift from 1929 to 2008? I mean, I know why, but do you?

No shift, a primary factor of the crash of '29 was greed too, as well as an expectation that one could become rich by speculation while having very little skin in the game. In '08 skin was missing too, though investments were made with other people's money and equity not margin. In both cases the gamblers lost. Not all humans used equity to invest, some went on vacations, others bought BMW's and other toys.

Watch the video, old film footage, real interviews of people and bios of the major players of the day. I don't expect it will convince you of anything but I have at least looked at and will read the tome you posted (though I wonder, did you?).

Last edited:
I don't need to watch videos to know that every single solitary human action is based on greed. Drawing the conclusion that "greed did it" as a result of a complex economic bubble burst (although really not all that complex once you understand the mechanisms), just shows that you have done very little study on the subject of economics. Very little. In that you're right. You will not convince me that "
greed did it" because this is a proposterous and laughable conclusion.

I don't need to watch videos to know that every single solitary human action is based on greed. Drawing the conclusion that "greed did it" as a result of a complex economic bubble burst (although really not all that complex once you understand the mechanisms), just shows that you have done very little study on the subject of economics. Very little. In that you're right. You will not convince me that "
greed did it" because this is a proposterous and laughable conclusion.

In fact you convinced me you're one of the willfully ignorant as well as a cynical curmudgeon. It's no wonder if you really believe "every single solitary human action is based on greed".

I doubt those Americans serving in harms way would agree; I wonder how someone becomes so cynical and so cantankerous as you.

Greed = The desire to acquire.

We're talking about economics here, not soldiers. If you want to argue about soldiers, what motivates them and if those motivators are biult on greed, start a thread.

But for someone who understand so very little about the topic at hand, economics, it is absolutely no wonder you would resort to name calling and attempt character assassination.

I'm absolutely shocked, I tell you!

Forum List

Back