The capitalist network that runs the world

Deregulation caused this mess

That's half true. Regulation AND deregulation caused the mess. In other words, the corporates' ability to control markets via government. Let's give 'em even more power to control us. That'll show 'em!

Deregulation doesn't mean no regulation. But who cares?
Regulations and legislation, coupled with central economic planning caused the mess. The people, in response to having their own government and central bank fuck them out of their wealth, have asked for another, stronger helping of government and central planning.

It's like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

I love it! Neither house of Congress can't even get their 435 members (HOR) or 100 (Senate) to agree on anything! Yet 43K businesses with countless executives can agree on a single agenda to rule the world!!!! LOL impossible!

First, what happens when one of these so called rulers of the world like Bear Stearns goes belly up! Is that getting them kicked out the fraternity of evil world rulers?

When Walmart and Target put the Woolworth (previous biggest chain store) out of business, was that kicked out of the frat house of evil world rulers!

These scientist say wow these big corps work with these big banks! Earth to STUPID, the big corps have larger needs, meaning more profits, but also have larger pockets meaning more of an ability to pay and less risk!

I can tell your not a sales person, before I got into the legal department I worked in sales. I jizz in my pants over winning the mom and pop two employee account down the street, but I went NUTZ when I won a $10 mil contract with Quicken Loans!

Big players play with other big players.

Second, how would so called scientist know the internal connect. Are they privy to all 43K corp's books, meetings, sales calls etc. Not even the board of directors at all these companies know all this information! It's bogus science and nothing more than a conspiracy guess (not even worth the name conspiracy).

I know your comeback, these large corps get the unfair advantage and push the little guys to the curb. I know a big government person like you doesn't want to hear this, but the big corp advantage really comes from Big government regulations. Take Sarbanes–Oxley Act a huge account requirement. The big corps bitch, but were able to absorb the costs. The small guys couldn't absorb the costs and either went under or laid off so many key people the business lost it swagger! Dodd-Frank is caused the same shift to the bigger corps. Obaminationcare is a perfect example also. The large small businesses (btw 50-500 employees) are going to really struggle with the added costs, the large corps who will get hit also and are bitching will be able to adjust, pushes costs elsewhere, but gain an advantage over the little guys who don't have the means to adjust effectively!

Taxes and spending are a problem in this country for the business community, but over-regulation, expensive regulation and too much red tape is what has shifted the advantage so much to the large corps!

Completely agree, except that last paragraph and sentence, which I complete agree against. Win some, lose some. :D

Deregulation caused this mess

That's half true. Regulation AND deregulation caused the mess. In other words, the corporates' ability to control markets via government. Let's give 'em even more power to control us. That'll show 'em!

I can respect this take, far more than the short-sighted "deregulation is to blame" dogma that comes from knee-jerk liberal partisans. They cannot seem to see the elephant in the room and correlate increasing governmental manipulation of economic markets with deepening collapse. So instead they point at the "capitalist" scapegoat without realizing that capitalism has virtually nothing to do with it, except in the most abstract and cursory ways. The article in the OP does this. It ties in some loose ideas on the nature of capitalism, but really offers very little in this regard, yet the title screams "Capitalism is to blame."

Regulations and legislation, coupled with central economic planning caused the mess. The people, in response to having their own government and central bank fuck them out of their wealth, have asked for another, stronger helping of government and central planning.

I guess it is easier to blame those that create the wealth and the jobs rather than those that confiscate the wealth and the jobs.

I guess......or it could be that people are economically illiterate and that includes most of congress, the media, and modern day economists who open their flap trap too often. Such as Paul Krugman.

I guess......or it could be that people are economically illiterate and that includes most of congress, the media, and modern day economists who open their flap trap too often. Such as Paul Krugman.

"Economist" is a dodgy word. It carries an air of knowledge and expertise, kind of like the word "lawyer." Like lawyers, there are some brilliant economists out there, but many of them don't know what the fuck they are doing.

They played with the rules granted by the government and the federal reserve. You want to hold them responsible? They should have been subjected to the best regulation known to economics; failure.

But they were not. And your government used your money to bail them out.

See how that works?

They played with the rules granted by the government and the federal reserve. You want to hold them responsible? They should have been subjected to the best regulation known to economics; failure.

See how that works?

No, no I don't.

Then keep talking with people like TM about how deregulation and the capitalist system crashed the world economy. It's wrong. Dead wrong. But I can only lead a horse to water here....

I guess it is easier to blame those that create the wealth and the jobs rather than those that confiscate the wealth and the jobs.

What wealth (besides their own) and what jobs have they created during the last 15 years?

Yea, really good jobs folding sweaters at the Gap or selling I Pads at the Apple Store.

And they lined their pockets with debt spending by Americans. Which TOOK AWAY those people's wealth.

Doesn't matter. When the comeuppance occurs, and the rich's money means nothing, then they will figure out where they went wrong.

The value of money across the planet is being undermined as we speak. Every industrialized government is at work on it.

It's called a race to the bottom. And it wouldn't be the first time in history a government detroyed their people's currency. They will simply create a new one. Or maybe a one world oone...who knows.

Jobs and wealth are still being created. Even where central planning is destroying a lot of it, people still want to be involved in human actios.

See how that works?

May I play with anything not specially stated in the law and be above reproach or legal recourse? Oh, please, please, please.

Then keep talking with people like TM about how deregulation and the capitalist system crashed the world economy. It's wrong. Dead wrong. But I can only lead a horse to water here....

Why are leading a beast with more sense than you? :D

What wealth (besides their own) and what jobs have they created during the last 15 years?

Yea, really good jobs folding sweaters at the Gap or selling I Pads at the Apple Store.

And they lined their pockets with debt spending by Americans. Which TOOK AWAY those people's wealth.

Doesn't matter. When the comeuppance occurs, and the rich's money means nothing, then they will figure out where they went wrong.

The value of money across the planet is being undermined as we speak. Every industrialized government is at work on it.

Funny that your refute of my statement was capped with the above last sentence (emphasis mine).

Forum List

Back