The CAP and TRADE Hit parade!!

SEC. 359. CEASE-AND-DESIST AUTHORITY.

(a) Natural Gas Act- Section 20 of the Natural Gas Act (15 U.S.C. 717s) is amended by adding the following at the end:

`(e) Cease-and-desist Proceedings; Temporary Orders; Authority of the Commission-

`(1) IN GENERAL- If the Commission finds, after notice and opportunity for hearing, that any entity may be violating, may have violated, or may be about to violate any provision of this Act, or any rule, regulation, restriction, condition, or order made or imposed by the Commission under the authority of this Act, the Commission may publish its findings and issue an order requiring such entity, and any other entity that is, was, or would be a cause of the violation, due to an act or omission the entity knew or should have known would contribute to such violation, to cease and desist from committing or causing such violation and any future violation of the same provision, rule, or regulation. Such order may, in addition to requiring an entity to cease and desist from committing or causing a violation, require such entity to comply, to provide an accounting and disgorgement, or to take steps to effect compliance, with such provision, rule, or regulation, upon such terms and conditions and within such time as the Commission may specify in such order. Any such order may, as the Commission deems appropriate, require future compliance or steps to effect future compliance, either permanently or for such period of time as the Commission may specify.

`(2) TIMING OF ENTRY- An order issued under this subsection shall be entered only after notice and opportunity for a hearing, unless the Commission determines that notice and hearing prior to entry would be impracticable or contrary to the public interest

Any entity can include you and me as well people, wake up and start reading legislation for a change. This bill is a complete farce , if you believe the lies about "green jobs" then I do wish you luck because these are the same economists that advised the Obama Administration on the Stimulus who now admit that made a mistake in calculations according to the V.P. So I ask you, if the same people who were advising the President and telling you unemployment would not exceed 8% and that 8 million jobs would be created by the Stimulus are now telling you that "green jobs" will be all over the place as a result of this bill do you still believe that? If so then I invite you send a letter of congratulations to China,Spain, Japan, and other nations who will reap the benefits of these so called green jobs.

i wonder when they will attack wood heaters...in private homes

actually bones, wood heat is carbon neutral.

if those trees were allowed to decay naturally, the exact same amount of carbon would be released into the environment.

Wood Heat

It is generally agreed by both energy and forestry scientists that, provided harvesting is conducted in a sustainable manner, the combustion of wood for energy production is essentially carbon dioxide neutral when the normal forest regeneration period is considered. When wood combustion replaces the consumption of fossil fuels, however, the net reduction in carbon dioxide release is almost immediate.

SEC. 334. JURISDICTION AND VENUE.

`(a) Jurisdiction- The United States district courts shall have jurisdiction to restrain--

`(1) any violation of section 332; and

`(2) any person from distributing in commerce any covered product which does not comply with an applicable rule under section 324 or 325.

`(b) Authority- Any action referred to in subsection (a) shall be brought by the Commission or by the attorney general of a State in the name of the State, except that--

`(1) any such action to restrain any violation of section 332(a)(3) which relates to requirements prescribed by the Secretary or any violation of section 332(a)(4) which relates to request of the Secretary under section 326(b)(2) shall be brought by the Secretary; and

`(2) any violation of section 332(a)(5) or 332(a)(7) shall be brought by the Secretary or by the attorney general of a State in the name of the State.

`(c) Venue and Service of Process- Any such action may be brought in the United States district court for a district wherein any act, omission, or transaction constituting the violation occurred, or in such court of the district wherein the defendant is found or transacts business. In any action under this section, process may be served on a defendant in any other district in which the defendant resides or may be found.'.

(2) The item relating to section 334 in the table of contents for such Act is amended to read as follows:

`Sec. 334. Jurisdiction and venue.'.
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

I do hope that people are taking the time to actually read this, it amazes me when I see a Harvard educated mayor from Pa. come on CSPAN and advocate cap and trade because he had no clue about "green jobs" and is under the mistaken impression that that millions of jobs will be created by this and at the same time complains about outsourcing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h6gehCPvpk]YouTube - Gore To Bush: You Ignored Saddam's Terrorist Ties![/ame]

Okay, so let me get this right, the same people who daily condemn our actions in Iraq and the reasons for entering that war are now stumbling all over themselves to believe in the same man who they have condemed his prior beliefs? Frankly, Al Gore and his ilk have brought on this cap and trade fiasco and IMHO could care less about the environment but more so care about enriching themselves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_omz0XIHEX0]YouTube - Jackson Confirms, Chu Disputes EPA Analysis on Impact of Developing Nations[/ame]

So here we have the EPA basically saying this bill is nothing but a tax unless China and India go along, and then Sec. Chu the only one on the panel that disagree's. I wonder if Sec. Chu had been in agreement how long he would have kept his job.

Forum List

Back