The cannot be said enough:

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
14199346_10153946129286275_6554010186689335737_n.png

This would be a chart complied from data gathered by our fact-checking friends over at politifact.com. Now, all of the Trumpaloompas are going to come rushing in to assure us that Hillary is the real liar because e-mails.

Further, they will, of course, insist that this chart is bullshit, because everyone knows that facts are just opinions that everyone likes, and that fact-checkers are all progressive plants.

Finally, no one is suggesting that every statement that Hillary makes is 100% honest, or even that the e-mail kerfluffle is her only examle of dishonesty . But reality is what it is. The whole "Killary is a career liar, while Donald is a sincere, honest businessman" narrative is simply not true. Of the two, Donald has clearly made the most inaccurate, misleading, and down-right false statements. Now. You still like him better; you still wanna vote for him, that's fine. Just don't pretend that it is his "sincerity" that drives you. Don't pretend that he is the only "morally superior" choice that Americans can "trust".

There aren't a lot of people claiming that Hillary isn't at least somewhat dishonest, if not worse. She's a lousy candidate and really should be thanking her lucky stars that she drew the Trump straw. A decent, sane Republican ticket, and she'd be hitting retirement here pretty soon. Terrible, flawed, vulnerable candidate. Stipulated.

Now that we have that out of the way...

First, Trump communicates almost exclusively in hyperbole. Either (a) he expects us to translate everything he says into normal person talk, or (b) he actually thinks we're buying his hyperbole, which is pretty insulting.

Second, I'm not at all convinced that he "says what's on his mind", which is what his fans seem to believe. I think he does just the opposite, that he will say absolutely whatever he thinks will make the sale at that given moment. Which is ALSO kind of insulting.

Who KNOWS what he's REALLY thinking.

This would be a chart complied from data gathered by our fact-checking friends over at politifact.com. Now, all of the Trumpaloompas are going to come rushing in to assure us that Hillary is the real liar because e-mails.

Further, they will, of course, insist that this chart is bullshit, because everyone knows that facts are just opinions that everyone likes, and that fact-checkers are all progressive plants.

Finally, no one is suggesting that every statement that Hillary makes is 100% honest, or even that the e-mail kerfluffle is her only examle of dishonesty . But reality is what it is. The whole "Killary is a career liar, while Donald is a sincere, honest businessman" narrative is simply not true. Of the two, Donald has clearly made the most inaccurate, misleading, and down-right false statements. Now. You still like him better; you still wanna vote for him, that's fine. Just don't pretend that it is his "sincerity" that drives you. Don't pretend that he is the only "morally superior" choice that Americans can "trust".
Hillary, a liar?!

I understand she has inspired millions of Americans to lead more moral lives through her example.

There aren't a lot of people claiming that Hillary isn't at least somewhat dishonest, if not worse. She's a lousy candidate and really should be thanking her lucky stars that she drew the Trump straw. A decent, sane Republican ticket, and she'd be hitting retirement here pretty soon. Terrible, flawed, vulnerable candidate. Stipulated.

First, Trump communicates almost exclusively in hyperbole. Either (a) he expects us to translate everything he says into normal person talk, or (b) he actually thinks we're buying his hyperbole, which is pretty insulting.

Second, I'm not at all convinced that he "says what's on his mind", which is what his fans seem to believe. I think he does just the opposite, that he will say absolutely whatever he thinks will make the sale at that given moment. Which is ALSO kind of insulting.

He speaks pretty clearly and does use rhetoric, like most speakers do. Certainly ALL politicians. If you can't figure out where he stands on the issues is isn't his fault, or his "fans" as you call them.

What you are convinced of or not convinced of is irrelevant to anybody but you. I can't imagine why you continuously offer up your personal opinions as gospel for the rest of us. It's just weird.

He speaks pretty clearly and does use rhetoric, like most speakers do. Certainly ALL politicians. If you can't figure out where he stands on the issues is isn't his fault, or his "fans" as you call them.

What you are convinced of or not convinced of is irrelevant to anybody but you. I can't imagine why you continuously offer up your personal opinions as gospel for the rest of us. It's just weird.
Wow, offering up personal opinions on a internet political forum.

How weird!

:laugh:

Mr "If you like your plan" is the Progressives standard for honesty....lol
Again, it is not a question of whether every word out of Obama's mouth was 100% honest. It wasn't. Nor was it 100% accurate. But, he is certainly a better standard to strive for than Mr. "Practically Every Word Out of My Mouth is a Lie" Trump, as the chart of their respective honesty demonstrates.

Mr "If you like your plan" is the Progressives standard for honesty....lol
Again, it is not a question of whether every word out of Obama's mouth was 100% honest. It wasn't. Nor was it 100% accurate. But, he is certainly a better standard to strive for than Mr. "Practically Every Word Out of My Mouth is a Lie" Trump, as the chart of their respective honesty demonstrates.
Which of hitlery lies inspires you most?

How weird!

The way you do it sure is. You speak down to people as if you were on a throne. Calling Trump supporters fans, ignoring the fact that politicians use rhetoric quite heavily, and on and on. Hateful polemics that you try to pass off as keen insight. It's funny really.

Bad source dip shit

A chart without details of how they choose is pretty useless. Trump's "lies" are mostly hyperbole and self inflating BS. Hillary's lies about stuff that both matters quite a bit and simply are lies without reason. The FBI said that she didn't lie to them in their interview. True, since most of her answers were she couldn't recall. Which I have been saying since the start, she can't recall thus she makes the truth whatever she dreams up. Like her Serbian sniper fire outright lie. She even blames it on mis-remembering or sleep deprivation as if either of those are a good excuse.

Politifact is a propaganda organ of the Democrat party. Facts are facts, but what Politifact does is vent its idiotic opinions. Virtually everything Hillary and Obama say is a lie. Yet your chart has them at the bottom. Only the terminally gullible would swallow that.

How weird!

The way you do it sure is. You speak down to people as if you were on a throne. Calling Trump supporters fans, ignoring the fact that politicians use rhetoric quite heavily, and on and on. Hateful polemics that you try to pass off as keen insight. It's funny really.
Your personal, politically biased perception is not my problem.

Had I written something with which you agreed, you wouldn't be so traumatized.

I made specific points. If you don't want to address them with mature, thoughtful responses, I won't be terribly surprised.

Forum List

Back