The Canadian Experience

Alucard

VIP Member
Apr 27, 2007
My family and I recently went on a Can Am ice hockey trip to Montreal.

First of all WHAT A DUMP!

I can honestly say the only good that came out of the trip was that now my wife and 15 year old son undrestand and concur with my general dislike for french canadians... They were dirty, smelly,ignorant, arrogant, rotten, jealous bastards...The language the canadian kids used was disgusting and thier parents were no better...

Thanks for not disappointing!

Temper Tantrum?

I was trying to be a polite, refined, cultured and classy American..

I said thanks...

I can honestly say the only good that came out of the trip was that now my wife and 15 year old son undrestand and concur with my general dislike for french canadians... They were dirty, smelly,ignorant, arrogant, rotten, jealous bastards...The language the canadian kids used was disgusting and thier parents were no better...

I certainly prefer western Canada, but had no particular problem with Quebec. Politically, the Québécois certainly do not like Americans. But no one ever treated me ill in Montreal, or on skiing trips in the Laurentian mountains. What specific problems did you have that made you leave such an upset message?

I certainly prefer western Canada, but had no particular problem with Quebec. Politically, the Québécois certainly do not like Americans. But no one ever treated me ill in Montreal, or on skiing trips in the Laurentian mountains. What specific problems did you have that made you leave such an upset message?

I think they may have lost the game :eusa_angel:

Hey alucard remember it was the Habs fans that rioted when The
Rocket was benched! They take hockey seriously up there :lol:

What were they jealous of?

They took Richard seriously, with good reason.

I have no problem with everything west of quebec either. I've been to Toronto a few times and spent alot of time in the Vancouver area and never had a problem on the contrary it was lovely, and the people from the Toronto area in the tournament couldnt be nicer. But quebec was another story. The children were so disrespectful it was un-real, And thier parents encouraged the behavior.

You would think with all the Hockey the kids play up there they would be really good players, well they were'nt, the only thing they did better than American kids was play dirty. Hockey is a secondary sport for our kids next to football ... And are kids still
creamed them... I told my kid, "don't get to high on the victory...they're not men, they're french... "

As far as me being angry or upset... I'm not...(You havent me Edward have you? see "Political forum-Bush in deep Guano )

( I think the people from Washington State dislike Eastern-Americans more than the Canadians on the west but thats another gripe)

Damn right they did, what a legend that man was. And a humble man to boot. They have his jersey and other equipment at the hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

Forgive me if I've forgotten, but are you Canadian? I'm from Ottawa. Anyway, have you seen the (I hate to say cartoon because it's wonderful cultural representation of small town Quebec, right down to the accents :D) annimated film entitled "The Sweater'? PLS take a minute and view it if you can www.nfb.ca/animation/objanim/en/films/film.php?sort=title&id=13316. My computer is a bit slow, so I didn' view it myself, if it't the wrong one it can be viewed at CBC as well.

I had a friend from the Sagunaey who has since passed away who remembered that period and loved that film. I used to have it on tape along with some other annimated films about lumber jacks and such, but lost it many moves ago. :neutral:

No, I'm Australian.

Thank you so much for that link - that was delightful :)

The representations of the Rocket were brilliant. Funny though, the Leafs are still easybeats :lol:

How come the U.S. gets all of the illegal aliens? Why don't a few million head north to Canadia? I'm sure the Canadians would warmly embrace them, offer them beer, learn their languages so the immigrants wouldn't have to learn Canadian, and teach them how to play hockey and build igloos.

How come the U.S. gets all of the illegal aliens? Why don't a few million head north to Canadia? I'm sure the Canadians would warmly embrace them, offer them beer, learn their languages so the immigrants wouldn't have to learn Canadian, and teach them how to play hockey and build igloos.

They like the warm weather? :D

The very last place I would use to judge Canadians - any Canadian - is a hockey arena. The alter egos of Canadians manifests within 100 yards of any piece of ice that is too big to fit into your scotch glass. The polite, mild-mannered and reserved people turn into foul-mouthed, aggressive and violent miscreants, screaming for blood and exhorting their team to put the small piece of rubber into the net.

Then, once the game is over, they return to their tea-sipping and fur-trapping or whatever else those igloo-dwelling Canadians do.

Because Canada gives them a legal path into their country.

We give the these immigrants vertually no legal path into our country,

Because Canada gives them a legal path into their country.

We give the these immigrants vertually no legal path into our country,

No matter what the subject... It is amazing how out of touch with reality you are...

Forum List

Back