The Campaign is over...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
During the Health Care Reform Summit (a big waste of time and electricity) President Owe Bama, in another one of his displays of stupidity, told Senator McCain that the "Campaign is over." Well, if that is really true, why is it that Owe Bama seems to be on a campaign mission every time he speaks in public? He never speaks in a Presidential way but only in a way that makes you feel like he is running for office. Didn't anybody tell him he won the election and it's time to start acting like a President - which is another issue in itself. Am I the only one who feels like he is being "preached at" when he speaks and not "talked to" as a citizen should be?

I'd like to see President Obama stop acting like a President and actually govern. But then that would require him to repudiate his current idealology. I dont think it's likely.

I can master the jerk part but as I am usually looking up from the floor the condescending thing is hard to pull off.

If you want to learn a lot about democracy, become a drunk.

I can master the jerk part but as I am usually looking up from the floor the condescending thing is hard to pull off.

If you want to learn a lot about democracy, become a drunk.

Frickin hell Frogen - that's postin' on ice for the gold right there!!! :clap2:

As for Obama being an arrogant prick - yeah, pretty much case closed on that point...

Yes. Obama's mile-wide nasty streak was apparent for all to see.

He was projecting and nasty about it. Self-loathing, I suppose.

"Im the President" funny no one thinks that including his cronies.
To bad there isn't an extra hole in his head!

During the Health Care Reform Summit (a big waste of time and electricity) President Owe Bama, in another one of his displays of stupidity, told Senator McCain that the "Campaign is over." Well, if that is really true, why is it that Owe Bama seems to be on a campaign mission every time he speaks in public? He never speaks in a Presidential way but only in a way that makes you feel like he is running for office. Didn't anybody tell him he won the election and it's time to start acting like a President - which is another issue in itself. Am I the only one who feels like he is being "preached at" when he speaks and not "talked to" as a citizen should be?

Is this even a real question? Ok, well: The Republicans, in policy debates, are using public opinion poles as "points against," thus, it's pretty common-sensical to promote your policies with the American people. Does this answer your question?

I found Obama's comments to Senator McCain to be patronizing, egotistical, snide and uncalled for!

As were McCain's to him. Every politician KNOWS that their Campaign promises cannot all be kept, and every Politician(ever), in order to become elected, has engaged in some of these empty Campaign promises..................so you'd think in a meeting to discuss the details of Health reform for struggling American families, it's a bit frivolous and snide to bring up "gotcha's" when they've nothing to do with the discussion of reform.

ETA: In the spirit of being a 5 year-old, I'd say "McCain started it." But really, who cares>?

Last edited:
I found Obama's comments to Senator McCain to be patronizing, egotistical, snide and uncalled for!

As were McCain's to him. Every politician KNOWS that their Campaign promises cannot all be kept, and every Politician(ever), in order to become elected, has engaged in some of these empty Campaign promises..................so you'd think in a meeting to discuss the details of Health reform for struggling American families, it's a bit frivolous and snide to bring up "gotcha's" when they've nothing to do with the discussion of reform.

ETA: In the spirit of being a 5 year-old, I'd say "McCain started it." But really, who cares>?

everyone knows their campaign promises cant all be kept? Really?

What is difficult about transparency? What is difficult about not making promises you can't keep?

everyone knows their campaign promises cant all be kept? Really?

What is difficult about transparency? What is difficult about not making promises you can't keep?

Exactly, the promises should be kept or else not made, but unfortunately for McCain and his point, 100% of Politicians disagree. It wasn't a Campaign, Obama was right. It wasn't the time or place for "See! aha!!" - - that's wasting time in an adult discussion but surely you can't see it both ways? (I mean, I think Obama was rude also).

Obama's Perpetual Campaign strategy is a FAIL... because campaigns, by nature, are divisive. In his CHOICE to engage in extreme partisanship, Obama can only lead on one side. He's their president; not ours.

It's not possible to play from one side of the field and still represent both sides. He CAUSES division, at a time when the country is better served by harmony.

Last edited:
Obama's Perpetual Campaign strategy is a FAIL... because campaigns, by nature, are divisive. In his CHOICE to engage in extreme partisanship, Obama can only lead on one side. He's their president; not ours.

It's not possible to play from one side of the field and still represent both sides. He CAUSES division, at a time when the country is better served by harmony.

Ok, but it also causes Division to mis-represent his policies and also assassinate his character and his wife's as well. It was the same under Bush. Division will always run rampant so-long as Information Technology continues to expand and hate-monger Commentators continue to rip on Presidents as fascists or Nazi's.

This was NOT a simple campaign promise. And it wasn't about something that was not FULLY within Obama's control.

Both candidates, promised to end the corruption and backdoor dealing. As Chief Executive that IS within Obama's ability to accomplish. He doesn't have to support,, or sign into law, any legislation which doesn't meet his ethical standards. He can say 'no'. He can publicly condemn any wrong-doing he sees. He can act in the best interest of us ALL, and not in the best interest of a partisan agenda. These are HIS CHOICES.

These carve-outs and backroom deals are an important part of that legislation, and a deal-breaker for Republicans. Obama is the one who REFUSED to take the already proposed and rejected ideas off the table. If they had started with a clean sheet of paper, as Republicans wanted... none of this would have been germane to the discussion. In choosing his "starting point", Obama is the one who put this topic on the table. It wasn't just sprung on him out-of-the-blue. It was there... within the parameters of Obama's preselected "starting point".

Bear in mind, that Obama's only concessions in his personal proposal were to extend the Cornhusker Kickback to all states and to extend the Union Carve-out on Cadillac Plans to everyone. These things DE-FUND the Senate bill. What's more, there's still a bunch of other crap in the Senate bill that wasn't addressed, like Gator-Aid and the hospital in Connecticut.

The Senate bill is POISONED. It's unacceptable to Republicans and Obama KNEW that when he sat down. Yet, with just a handful of changes... that was his "starting point". He had stacked the deck before the meeting took place. It was kabuki theatre from the start. And now, he wants to cry foul? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back