The call from Oslo did not come this morning

So getting a prize is somehow significant? And those who do things in their daily lives that actually make differences in the lives of others but who dont win the prize are somehow insignificant?

Not sure why it really matter. Could you explain that to me?
Poor logic. Just because one does not receive a prize does not make their accomplishments insignificant. I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion, but how ever you got their was flawed.

Why major recognition for accomplishments in science, art and humanity are important is it brings greater awareness to those fields and those who make those accomplishments.

Besides, you watch the Super Bowl, don't you? You have an interest in who wins the World Series or some NASCAR race or the National Spelling Bee.

Or do you simply trudge through each day praying for the sweet release of death to relieve your misery and suffering?

Of course it's poor logic. Im analyzing the problems with your arguments.

Awards are meaningless. They don't make someone better than others. they dont make others worse than you. They are just awards. If that's your priority in life, then you are seriously misguided.

I've never understood this obsession people have for awards. Take any of the many hollywood awards ceramonies. We are supposed to be impressed with actors give themselves awards? seriously?

Or how about the Peace Prize? So a board of people decides who deserves a prize. That means they are right? This is the same board that passed up Mahatma Gandhi for the Prize multiple times and yet awarded it to Yassar Arafat, a self proclaimed terrorist?

Do you honestly think the Peace Prize is significant? Anyone working for a Peace Prize is corrupt because they miss the mark. They don't understand the point of peace in the world. They just want glory to themselves.

What's wrong with actually working for peace without worrying who to credit? It's amazing what people can accomplish when they don't care who gets the credit.

I waited all night for the call from Oslo telling me that I had won the Nobel Peace Prize. Instead, it went to a Chinese dissident.

And now we see that the Conservatives and the Communist regime in China have yet another thing in common. Besides wanting to lower the standard of living for the working class and wanting desperately to get as many American jobs to China, the Communist regime and the American Conservative movement are pissed off about the Nobel laureate.

Nobel Peace Prize awarded to jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo - CSMonitor.com

Excuse me?

Can you point to any conservatives that think that Xiaobo does not deserve the Nobel Prize?

The fact that you are attempting to compare conservatives and China because Xiabo won the Nobel Peace Prize shows just how pathetic you are. (I would lump all progressives/liberals in with you, but I have too much self respect.)

It's too bad that the NPP means not much of anything at this point. This Chinese dissident really deserves it, but now that the NPP has been so marginalized, fewer will really take the time to care about Liu.
I tend to believe that, if scientific polling asked the question: "Is the Nobel Peace Prize a noteworthy, significant award?" only American Conservatives would answer in the negative.
What did Obama do to earn the prize?

Forum List

Back