The call from Oslo did not come this morning

Should be interesting to watch the Communist Chinese posture and declare outrage

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

No, he got it for actually achieving something.
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 was awarded to Barack H. Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

Doesn't say anything about being Black. I guess only racist minds can come to such a conclusion. Why else would race enter into the equation?

Yep. It's definitely cuz I is a racist. Has nothing to do with Obama having done none of the things he actually got the award for. Nope.

Idiot.

No, he got it for actually achieving something.
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 was awarded to Barack H. Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

Doesn't say anything about being Black. I guess only racist minds can come to such a conclusion. Why else would race enter into the equation?

Yep. It's definitely cuz I is a racist. Has nothing to do with Obama having done none of the things he actually got the award for. Nope.

Idiot.

You're going to topple over if you keep backpedaling like that! Do you remember what you wrote? Me and the computer do! It was:
Nope, they kind of devalued it themselves when they handed it to some guy for being black.

And why would you make such an assumption? You automatically played the race card and now you're ducking for cover. All while calling me an idiot!

It's too bad that the NPP means not much of anything at this point. This Chinese dissident really deserves it, but now that the NPP has been so marginalized, fewer will really take the time to care about Liu.
I tend to believe that, if scientific polling asked the question: "Is the Nobel Peace Prize a noteworthy, significant award?" only American Conservatives would answer in the negative.

We would do so with pride, by the way.

It's too bad that the NPP means not much of anything at this point. This Chinese dissident really deserves it, but now that the NPP has been so marginalized, fewer will really take the time to care about Liu.
I tend to believe that, if scientific polling asked the question: "Is the Nobel Peace Prize a noteworthy, significant award?" only American Conservatives would answer in the negative.

Why? Peace not a big priority with the Conservative set?

Does the Nobel Prize for Physics hold any standing? Literature? Economics should.

So getting a prize is somehow significant? And those who do things in their daily lives that actually make differences in the lives of others but who dont win the prize are somehow insignificant?

Not sure why it really matter. Could you explain that to me?

Does the Nobel Prize for Physics hold any standing? Literature? Economics should.

Why should any prize be a big priority for anyone? Prizes are a dime a dozen. We don't need others to validate our efforts in order to feel confident in our actions.

Why should any prize be a big priority for anyone? Prizes are a dime a dozen. We don't need others to validate our efforts in order to feel confident in our actions.

This wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that no Conservative has ever won???

Nobel Prizes tend to go to those who overcome Conservative dogma

Last edited:
So getting a prize is somehow significant? And those who do things in their daily lives that actually make differences in the lives of others but who dont win the prize are somehow insignificant?

Poor logic. Just because one does not receive a prize does not make their accomplishments insignificant. I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion, but how ever you got their was flawed.

Why major recognition for accomplishments in science, art and humanity are important is it brings greater awareness to those fields and those who make those accomplishments.

Besides, you watch the Super Bowl, don't you? You have an interest in who wins the World Series or some NASCAR race or the National Spelling Bee.

Or do you simply trudge through each day praying for the sweet release of death to relieve your misery and suffering?

Poor logic. Just because one does not receive a prize does not make their accomplishments insignificant. I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion, but how ever you got their was flawed.

Why major recognition for accomplishments in science, art and humanity are important is it brings greater awareness to those fields and those who make those accomplishments.

Besides, you watch the Super Bowl, don't you? You have an interest in who wins the World Series or some NASCAR race or the National Spelling Bee.

Or do you simply trudge through each day praying for the sweet release of death to relieve your misery and suffering?

maybe he objects to competitiveness.

and wants everyone to get a prize, or nobody.

clearly, after getting the Nobel Peace Prize, FEWER will take time to care about this Chinese dissident.

in whacko land.

in reality, more attention will be focussed on Liu than before getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

there are already demands that he be released to be able to accept it.
As he was up for it last year, he can thank the committee for giving it to Obama instead of him, and his having to wait 11 months in a Chinese prison to get released for the prize.

:cuckoo:

lol, he was up for it last year.

as if there was a queue and obama jumped it.

keep your emoting to yourself.

moron.
Is that what I said?

No.

Moron.

(Am I paying enough attention to you now? Perhaps this dose will hold you for a couple of weeks.)

As he was up for it last year, he can thank the committee for giving it to Obama instead of him, and his having to wait 11 months in a Chinese prison to get released for the prize.

:cuckoo:

moron.
Is that what I said?

No.

Moron.

(Am I paying enough attention to you now? Perhaps this dose will hold you for a couple of weeks.)

you said "As he was up for it last year", demonstrating that you still haven't understood how the nobel peace prize committee works. revisit last years thread, it was explained to you, even with pretty pictures.

moron.
Is that what I said?

No.

Moron.

you said "As he was up for it last year", demonstrating that you still haven't understood how the nobel peace prize committee works. revisit last years thread, it was explained to you, even with pretty pictures.
As last year's thread has information about this man as being considered for it, your conclusion is such a non sequitur that it's record-breaking, frankly.

Idiot.

Now post something else completely idiotic. I know you can do it.

Is that what I said?

No.

Moron.

As last year's thread has information about this man as being considered for it, your conclusion is such a non sequitur that it's record-breaking, frankly.

Idiot.

Now post something else completely idiotic. I know you can do it.

still not getting it. you are a very slow learner.

the fallacy hog has struck again and found something it could not understand.

no non-sequitur.

you can now start to explain what you meant by "he was up last year", provide information how someone happens to be up for, provide evidence that it was this same chinese dissident, that he was on the list.

should take you at least 49 years.

maybe he objects to competitiveness.

and wants everyone to get a prize, or nobody.

No, that would make him a liberal and if there is one thing, Avatar is not, it is a liberal.

You mean Obama didn't win it this year?

My thoughts too when I first heard about this. Shocking isn't it?

Immie

Forum List

Back