The call from Oslo did not come this morning

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
I waited all night for the call from Oslo telling me that I had won the Nobel Peace Prize. Instead, it went to a Chinese dissident.

And now we see that the Conservatives and the Communist regime in China have yet another thing in common. Besides wanting to lower the standard of living for the working class and wanting desperately to get as many American jobs to China, the Communist regime and the American Conservative movement are pissed off about the Nobel laureate.

Nobel Peace Prize awarded to jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo - CSMonitor.com

It's too bad that the NPP means not much of anything at this point. This Chinese dissident really deserves it, but now that the NPP has been so marginalized, fewer will really take the time to care about Liu.

It's too bad that the NPP means not much of anything at this point. This Chinese dissident really deserves it, but now that the NPP has been so marginalized, fewer will really take the time to care about Liu.

Why? Why? WHY? Why does he deserve it? What are HIS future accomplishments? Hmm? Answer me that, Miss Know It All?

I tend to believe that, if scientific polling asked the question: "Is the Nobel Peace Prize a noteworthy, significant award?" only American Conservatives would answer in the negative.

I tend to believe that, if scientific polling asked the question: "Is the Nobel Peace Prize a noteworthy, significant award?" only American Conservatives would answer in the negative.

I suppose you can guess to the results of hypothetical studies. Or you can get up and do one.

Dont worry about not winning the award. You haven't missed out on much.

I suppose you can guess to the results of hypothetical studies. Or you can get up and do one.

Spoken like an American Conservative. Q.E.D.

Why? Why? WHY? Why does he deserve it? What are HIS future accomplishments? Hmm? Answer me that, Miss Know It All?

Future accomplishments:

Efficient laundry folding
Fast at peeling potatoes
Excellent bussing of trays

Future accomplishments:

Efficient laundry folding
Fast at peeling potatoes
Excellent bussing of trays

Xotoxi, why do you hate the Chinese?

Spoken like an American Conservative. Q.E.D.

Nope, they kind of devalued it themselves when they handed it to some guy for being black.

clearly, after getting the Nobel Peace Prize, FEWER will take time to care about this Chinese dissident.

in whacko land.

in reality, more attention will be focussed on Liu than before getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

there are already demands that he be released to be able to accept it.

Nope, they kind of devalued it themselves when they handed it to some guy for being black.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

No, he got it for actually achieving something.
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 was awarded to Barack H. Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

Doesn't say anything about being Black. I guess only racist minds can come to such a conclusion. Why else would race enter into the equation?

clearly, after getting the Nobel Peace Prize, FEWER will take time to care about this Chinese dissident.

in whacko land.

in reality, more attention will be focussed on Liu than before getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

As he was up for it last year, he can thank the committee for giving it to Obama instead of him, and his having to wait 11 months in a Chinese prison to get released for the prize.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

in whacko land.

As he was up for it last year, he can thank the committee for giving it to Obama instead of him, and his having to wait 11 months in a Chinese prison to get released for the prize.

:cuckoo:

lol, he was up for it last year.

as if there was a queue and obama jumped it.

keep your emoting to yourself.

moron.

Forum List

Back