the cake, plan e.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay things just didnt go as planned....i had the gum paste etc....wednesday night....we were in the mist of a winter storm...fresh snow on the ground and snowing....i had a hellish day at work...da man was bitching that i didnt need to go out in a flippin storm for any reason.....so she did the cake on friday morning...and here it is:

IMG_2001.jpg

now play close attention to the figure:

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

soooooooooooo i got the gum paste....the trees are buttercream frosting....the figure..now how did she do that? modeling clay...well damn that is clever ...so we tell da man...figure is out of modeling clay you cant eat it....

the next day the figure is not on cake but laying on tray...he took a bite of the ski.....

Bones gum paste should form almost like clay does.

Why not just use the gum paste? Or fondant?

Did you see my pics of some fondant figures I made in your other thread about the gum paste?

If you can shape clay, you can shape fondant.

paulie....we were separated by the storm...she lives about 5 miles from me...but on the top of a mountain....her man had already gotten stuck in their 1/2 mile drive....and couldnt get out with a tractor...had to call a wrecker...luckily for us...another good friend is in the tow business....i had the gum paste....but couldnt get to her....plus i dont care for gum paste...the orginal plan was marizipan....but walmart aint jew friendly...if i had kept my wits...i would have simply gotten almonds and made the whole thing....i prefer marizipan ...i think cause its something you can eat.....and what really pisses me off...8.50 for a fucking lb of gum paste...i could have gotten 4 lbs of fondant for less...

<----i panic easy lol

Forum List

Back