The Business of Government is to Promote Happiness or Business?

Rightwinger, how many people in the last 7-10 years % have gotten off of welfare? and gotten to those other things?

In the past 7-10 years have children from welfare families gone to college or technical schools and gotten jobs afterwards? Yes they have
In the past 7-10 years have welfare mothers received jobs training and placements that allow them to enter the workforce? Yes they have
Inj the past 7-10 years have people with disabilities received training that allows them to enter the workforce? Yes they have
In the past 7-10 years have out of work employees been trained in new fields? Yes they have

those things have been happening for the last 50 years or more. nothing new there, sewer worker.

All part of LBJs "War on Poverty"

Thanks for pointing it out

yeah, and it failed, there is a higher per centage of americans in poverty now than when LBJ started that foolishness and we have spent trillions to accomplish nothing, thanks for reminding us who started it. Actually you are wrong about that too, FDR really started the liberal downfall of the USA.

Rightwinger, how many people in the last 7-10 years % have gotten off of welfare? and gotten to those other things?

In the past 7-10 years have children from welfare families gone to college or technical schools and gotten jobs afterwards? Yes they have
In the past 7-10 years have welfare mothers received jobs training and placements that allow them to enter the workforce? Yes they have
Inj the past 7-10 years have people with disabilities received training that allows them to enter the workforce? Yes they have
In the past 7-10 years have out of work employees been trained in new fields? Yes they have

I want a %. Also, what jobs? Part time makig under 18,000 a year? That's poverty.

Nobody is enslaved
Millions of Americans have escaped poverty using government programs

Welfare is poverty, moron.

Figured that one out for yourself did ya?

And welfare provides a safety net for those struggling with poverty. But we do not stop at welfare....we provide educational programs, jobs training, employment initiatives, small business initiatives, child care. All to help people escape poverty

And I wonder just how many get off the dole?
I'm sure there are people on welfare and some sort of assistance for years.

Yes there are.

But is the problem welfare or the lack of employment opportunities in urban areas? Our cities used to be a focal point for finding jobs. Manufacturing, small business, service jobs. When those jobs left the cities people who relied on those jobs were left with nothing. No amount of training is going to get people into jobs that no longer exist

why did those jobs leave the big cities? any idea, RW?

try these: taxes, unions, crime. Why did our cities become centers for taxes, unions, and crime? The welfare state.

liberalism always fails, always has, always will.

I think you have the cart before the horse
When cities were vital economic centers welfare was lower. When people were laid off they could find work elsewhere. As the jobs left, opportunities to get off welfare disappeared with them

Why did they leave? Because they could no longer pay a living wage?
I doubt it
In the 40s, 50s and 60s workers were paid good wages and benefits. They were able to buy houses and support their families on one income. Workers did not become rich, but they were comfortable
In the 70s, 80s and 90s workers did not suddenly demand increases in wages and benefits. Unions fought to keep the benefits they had. Workers did not want to give up the standard of living they had enjoyed in the past

I want a %. Also, what jobs? Part time makig under 18,000 a year? That's poverty.

Any percent I give, you will not accept
Sorry, been there, done that

I will throw this at you.......Nobody in this country has escaped poverty without government assistance

those things have been happening for the last 50 years or more. nothing new there, sewer worker.

yeah, and it failed, there is a higher per centage of americans in poverty now than when LBJ started that foolishness and we have spent trillions to accomplish nothing, thanks for reminding us who started it. Actually you are wrong about that too, FDR really started the liberal downfall of the USA.

Jumped to the other side of the fence didn't you?
You just said people have been using those programs for 50 years

The military is populated by political hacks who are happy to do Obama's bidding if that's what it takes to get promoted or keep their jobs.
That bureaucratic reflex doesn't change from one administration to the next; the military is preparing to react a potential threat multiplier never seen before, and that isn't likely to change if Ted Cruz moves into the White House in 2017:ack-1:

There is no Appeal to Ignorance of the Intent and Purpose of the law.
What do you mean by that^^^
exactly what it says. are you on the right?

are you a womenists? Or a feminists?
What does that have to do with the Intent and Purpose of the law and how it must be constructed, if there is any latitude.

Nothing. It's a simple question. Trying to figure you out. You are new here... Did you create an introduction?

yes I did and yes they have. But the problem has only gotten worse. Government welfare programs have gone way beyond helping those truly in need. Poverty still exists despite the trillions we have spent to eradicate it.

The reality of life is that there will always be rich and there will always be poor. Until we accept that basic premise of humanity, we are engaging in a circle jerk where no one can ejaculate. (sorry if thats too graphic for some of you)

There is no Appeal to Ignorance of the Intent and Purpose of the law.

What does that have to do with the Intent and Purpose of the law and how it must be constructed, if there is any latitude.

Nothing. It's a simple question. Trying to figure you out. You are new here... Did you create an introduction?
Seems more like a fallacy of diversion due to a lack of a clue and a Cause. Why not just read the statements of the argument?

Seems more like a fallacy of diversion due to a lack of a clue and a Cause. Why not just read the statements of the argument?

No. You never created an intro, I don't know who you are. I'm trying to figure it out.

I will throw this at you.......Nobody in this country has escaped poverty without government assistance

What do you mean by "government assistance"? If you mean that no one escapes poverty without the government directly intervening to alleviate their poverty, I would disagree.

If you mean that government actions benefit all Americans and that lifting your self from poverty is possible with out direct "government assistance" BECAUSE government actions benefit ALL, then I would have to agree.

But you didn't really say what you meant by that. Just curious btw.

No. You never created an intro, I don't know who you are. I'm trying to figure it out.
No argument, just diversion; i got it.

No argument, just diversion; i got it.

You made 1 statement and it just came out of nowhere. Explain it and then do a intro thread. We want to know who you are. We care and respect new posters that do this.

What do you mean by "government assistance"? If you mean that no one escapes poverty without the government directly intervening to alleviate their poverty, I would disagree.

If you mean that government actions benefit all Americans and that lifting your self from poverty is possible with out direct "government assistance" BECAUSE government actions benefit ALL, then I would have to agree.

But you didn't really say what you meant by that. Just curious btw.

Schools, jobs programs, business initiatives, tax incentives, child care.....

yes I did and yes they have. But the problem has only gotten worse. Government welfare programs have gone way beyond helping those truly in need. Poverty still exists despite the trillions we have spent to eradicate it.

The reality of life is that there will always be rich and there will always be poor. Until we accept that basic premise of humanity, we are engaging in a circle jerk where no one can ejaculate. (sorry if thats too graphic for some of you)

War still exists in spite of the trillions we have spent

Doesn't mean we still don't need a military

The business of a Democrat controlled government is to make it as hard as possible for a business in the private sector to succeed.
The purpose of a Democrat controlled government is to impose as many taxes as possible in order to force people to be dependent
on government thereby keeping Democrats in power.
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse for why your business is failing.

Forum List

Back