The Bush Tax Cuts and the Republican Cult of Economic Failure

You want other examples of equal treatment???

And I guess with your reasoning, you think we were talking about arbitrary Jewish executions?? :rolleyes:

Again... you try and justify thru more equalized outcome, which is not the same as equal treatment...

Damn, you are thick as a brick

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say

I said nothing about outcomes. I said that we're talking about taxes, not tickets.

Tickets are punishment meted out by our judicial system, and justice is blind to income

Taxes are not punishment, and are not collected or enforced by our judicial system. Only a wingnut would think income taxes are blind to income :lol:

sangha quit trolling my idiot, go find your own to play with!

Didn't your parents teach you to share?? :(

The wingnut thinks we're talking about MV violations :cuckoo:

And I guess with your reasoning, you think we were talking about arbitrary Jewish executions?? :rolleyes:

Again... you try and justify thru more equalized outcome, which is not the same as equal treatment...

I said nothing about outcomes. I said that we're talking about taxes, not tickets.

Tickets are punishment meted out by our judicial system, and justice is blind to income

Taxes are not punishment, and are not collected or enforced by our judicial system. Only a wingnut would think income taxes are blind to income :lol:

Your system and reasoning is based on fairness of result or outcome... not on treatment...

Your hypothetical was about as idiotic as they come....

You want a different one from me??

Equal treatment is each person paying a 5% tax on all purchases.. unequal treatment is one person paying .5% purchase tax because they make $25K and the next person paying %10 purchase tax because they make $250K...
Hence why you don't see me claiming a flat sales tax being unequal treatment

Taxes, in a society based on freedom and equal treatment, should indeed be blind to income

Do any of you folks here who are demanding tax cuts for billionaires and their scions really convinced that those tax cuts for billionaires will bring the economy back?

Why would the superwealthy invest money into the USA supply side when nothing else has changed?

In fact, why would they invest in the USA supply side even if the USA cuts back on FEDERAL spending?

If the USA actually cut back on Federal spending enough to make a dent in the deficiet, their number one CUSTOMER for good and services in this nation is going to stop buying from THEM.

Like I say, nobody I can think of in power has a plan that convinces me they've got the real long term solution to this eroding economy.

Let's put it another way: Do you suppose increasing taxes will help the economy?

Not unless the revenue is invested sensible, no.

In fact, I'm on record on this board as having repeatedly said that I am dubious that NOW is the time to raise taxes.

I just don't buy into the GOP theory that giving people who already aren't investing (and who are collectively already sitting on trillions of dollars they're not investing) will suddenly invest into an economy that isn't healthy.

If the GOP tricklly down theory worked (it doesn't it never has) then Bush II would have handed Obama a healthy economy since the wealthy are paying less taxes now than they did when Bush II came into office.

Wealth doesn't trickle down, it trickles up, sport.

Bill Gates isn't shit without his employees.

Your investments make you money because workers create wealth that your money helped them create.

This capitalist society needs BALANCE.

It needs a worker/consumer class AND it needs a CAPITAL class, too.

And when society get out of calance, when either the CAPITAL class has too much of the society's wealth, or thye soncusmer class has too much of the society's wealth that society is not running efficiently.

AFter nearly 40 years of supply sider economics, the inequal balance between SUPPLY (read wealth) and DEMAND (read consumers) is so out of kilter that all that wealth seems to be able to do now is buy government and create BUBBLES with their money as people like you TRY to find profits that aren't as high as they should be.

The reason some of us are wealthy is because enough of us have enough.

When that gets out of line societies' economies fibrilate.

And that is what is happening right now.

Last edited:
So if we execute everybody if they are Jewish, that is equal treatment because everybody gets executed if they are Jewish. It doesn't matter that in the end only Jews got executed.

I think I follow! Wait... no.. lost it.

you are confusing equalized outcome to equal treatment.. then trying to back it up with a nonsensical hypothetical

If everyone is fined $450 for a speeding ticket of 20+ over the speed limit, regardless of their income... that is equal treatment... fining one speeder at $10 because they only make $25K a year and another $1000 because they make $200K a year is unequal treatment

Should be simple to follow... except to an agenda driven leftist

My hypothetical was better because like income tax, we would go to every household and ask all the people if they were Jewish like we would give everybody flat tax.

It's "equal treatment", but only specific groups are getting cluster fucked by it, through no fault of their own. It's stupid to compare that to speeding tickets where somebody clearly screwed up and pays the same penalty as other people that screw up.

Also, when you can get around to it, I asked which of the 3 groups you meant when you said you wanted to start collecting taxes from people paying 0 income tax. I also outlined why flat tax was basically impossible, but you seem more interested in explaining why it's fair for the government to shaft poor people and let rich people off with a tiny income tax.
Oh.. and which groups to collect taxes from that would supposedly be paying zero right now??? All of them... EQUAL treatment by government

You outlined, falsely, that a flat tax is impossible based on your agenda... which is indeed (even as you show in this post) because of a subjective view of 'fairness'

Your system and reasoning is based on fairness of result or outcome... not on treatment...

Equal treatment is each person paying a 5% tax on all purchases.. unequal treatment is one person paying .5% purchase tax because they make $25K and the next person paying %10 purchase tax because they make $250K...

Taxes, in a society based on freedom and equal treatment, should indeed be blind to income

This wingnut is going to pretend that I said something about outcomes because it's the only slogan he can memorize :lol:

Equal treatment is making people pay 1% of the value of their stock holdings every time they buy something.

This wingnut is going to pretend that I said something about outcomes because it's the only slogan he can memorize :lol:

Equal treatment is making people pay 1% of the value of their stock holdings every time they buy something.

Nice try, asshole

Equal treatment would be making people pay $100 for every individual purchase or stock transaction....

What next?? Calling for a $5 price tag on a 6lb chicken because you have a portfolio value of $10K and a $500 price tag on the same chicken for someone that has a portfolio value of $1MIL? And calling that equal treatment???

You are about as idiotic as they come

OK first off go get your readers because you are talking to sangha when I made the hypothetical about executing people.

Now, you need to address how equal treatment is fine even if some groups get screwed over through no fault of their own. Like I said... asking everybody if they are Jewish and then killing people who say yes is equal treatment with unequal outcomes.

Also, what you are saying is that you would have a 0% income tax and a flat sales tax, when I have already said that a flat income tax >0% with a sales tax would create a huge budget shortfall. Let's ignore the fact that taking revenue from sales tax only would break the government in a myriad of ways and just talk about equal treatment vs. equal outcome.

OK first off go get your readers because you are talking to sangha when I made the hypothetical about executing people.

Now, you need to address how equal treatment is fine even if some groups get screwed over through no fault of their own. Like I said... asking everybody if they are Jewish and then killing people who say yes is equal treatment with unequal outcomes.

Also, what you are saying is that you would have a 0% income tax and a flat sales tax, when I have already said that a flat income tax >0% with a sales tax would create a huge budget shortfall. Let's ignore the fact that taking revenue from sales tax only would break the government in a myriad of ways and just talk about equal treatment vs. equal outcome.

I do not support a 'fair tax' or flat sales tax in place of an income tax.... so I am not even going to go there

What I am saying is an equal % tax on EVERY dollar earned by every citizen with zero exceptions... in combination with a balanced budget amendment and budgets that include funds paying down existing debt... and yearly analysis of budget to ensure the proper equal % tax rate

And cutting back of government and government expenditures.... elimination of departments/agencies, elimination of entitlement programs, elimination of payment on military contracts that go unfulfilled, etc

Last edited:
I do not support a 'fair tax' or flat sales tax in place of an income tax.... so I am not even going to go there

What I am saying is an equal % tax on EVERY dollar earned by every citizen with zero exceptions... in combination with a balanced budget amendment and budgets that include funds paying down existing debt... and yearly analysis of budget to ensure the proper equal % tax rate

And cutting back of government and government expenditures.... elimination of departments/agencies, elimination of entitlement programs, elimination of payment on military contracts that go unfulfilled, etc

OK sorry that was me misunderstanding you.

Now, why is equal treatment the right thing to do even if it results in completely unequal outcome? Not only would a flat income tax shaft poor people, it would also be a huge tax break for rich people.

You are talking about putting one group of people at risk of homelessness and another group of people in a position to buy a second yacht with the same policy.

I will change my hypothetical to reflect this. The government asking every person if they are Jewish and then punishing people that say yes and giving ice cream to those who say no is like the flat tax in that "equal treatment" punishes some and rewards others.

So how is that at all equal treatment, really?

Now, why is equal treatment the right thing to do even if it results in completely unequal outcome? Not only would a flat income tax shaft poor people, it would also be a huge tax break for rich people.

You are talking about putting one group of people at risk of homelessness and another group of people in a position to buy a second yacht with the same policy.

I will change my hypothetical to reflect this. The government asking every person if they are Jewish and then punishing people that say yes and giving ice cream to those who say no is like the flat tax in that "equal treatment" punishes some and rewards others.

Because Robin Hood was a criminal and the government playing Robin Hood in a society based on freedom and supposed equal treatment is also criminal

Justice is to be blind regardless on the status of the person having their day in court.... would you suggest differing governmental treatment for shoplifting of a $100 item purely based on the income of the perp???

Fairness, by nature, is subjective to the person looking for it... greed and power come into play when this subjective concept is placed in government... as we see in our current system

Your hypothetical is in no way even close to flat tax...
Government taking 10% of all ice cream from each person whether they have 20 ice cream bars or 20000 ice cream bars is equal treatment.... whether they are Jewish or Hindo or black or white or tall or fat or rich or poor or blind or stupid or liberal or conservative or urban or rural or sick or healthy or whatever else

Nice try, asshole

Equal treatment would be making people pay $100 for every individual purchase or stock transaction....

What next?? Calling for a $5 price tag on a 6lb chicken because you have a portfolio value of $10K and a $500 price tag on the same chicken for someone that has a portfolio value of $1MIL? And calling that equal treatment???

You are about as idiotic as they come

Suddenly, DD has become an outcome-loving Communist!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because Robin Hood was a criminal and the government playing Robin Hood in a society based on freedom and supposed equal treatment is also criminal

Justice is to be blind regardless on the status of the person having their day in court.... would you suggest differing governmental treatment for shoplifting of a $100 item purely based on the income of the perp???

Fairness, by nature, is subjective to the person looking for it... greed and power come into play when this subjective concept is placed in government... as we see in our current system

Government taking 10% of all ice cream from each person whether they have 20 ice cream bars or 20000 ice cream bars is equal treatment.... whether they are Jewish or Hindo or black or white or tall or fat or rich or poor or blind or stupid or liberal or conservative or urban or rural or sick or healthy or whatever else

Because Robin Hood was a criminal

So were the Founding Fathers.

Govt taking 1% of their stocks from each person, whether they have 0 stocks or 20000 stocks is equal treatment too. :lol:

.... whether they are Jewish or Hindo or black or white or tall or fat or rich or poor or blind or stupid or liberal or conservative or urban or rural or sick or healthy or whatever else

Govt taking 1% of their stocks from each person, whether they have 0 stocks or 20000 stocks is equal treatment too. :lol:

.... whether they are Jewish or Hindo or black or white or tall or fat or rich or poor or blind or stupid or liberal or conservative or urban or rural or sick or healthy or whatever else

But we do not tax on what you have accumulated along the way... we tax on what you have accumulated in this past year.... so if you tax at an equal rate on the monies you invest into a stock during the tax period or the monies you take out of an investment during that period, that would be a more appropriate comparison of equal treatment in a differing way

But we do not tax on what you have accumulated along the way... we tax on what you have accumulated in this past year.... so if you tax at an equal rate on the monies you invest into a stock during the tax period or the monies you take out of an investment during that period, that would be a more appropriate comparison of equal treatment in a differing way

The fact that we don't tax accumulations is proof of our tax systems unfairness. It protects inactive accumulations by confiscating money from hard working americans which depresses economic activity

Your opinions about what is appropriate demonstrates your outcome-based bias and Marxist influenced desire to protect one class over the over.

The fact that we don't tax accumulations is proof of our tax systems unfairness. It protects inactive accumulations by confiscating money from hard working americans which depresses economic activity

Your opinions about what is appropriate demonstrates your outcome-based bias and Marxist influenced desire to protect one class over the over.

So taxing over and over and over again on a regular or yearly basis on the same accumulation is seeming 'fair' to you??

Idiotic

I am not an outcome based person... I am against the very type of person you are which is completely for an outcome based system based on a subjective view of fairness and not inherently the equal treatment in a blind system

So taxing over and over and over again on a regular or yearly basis on the same accumulation is seeming 'fair' to you??

Idiotic

I am not an outcome based person... I am against the very type of person you are which is completely for an outcome based system based on a subjective view of fairness and not inherently the equal treatment in a blind system

Instead of changing your tune, why don't you try standing in one place and defending what you've already claimed, instead of spreading more lies

We were talking about the tax system treating every one EQUALLY, not "fair". You have to change the topic in order to avoid admitting that my proposal treats everyone EQUALLY

And your only argument against my proposal is that it would lead to unfair outcomes. Admit it! you're the one who is arguing based on outcomes.

We still aren't making progress here. You can't liken taxes to punishment for crimes because ostensibly you have a choice whether or not you commit a crime.

My talk of ice cream has seemed to pique your interest, though, so lets continue with that. If the government needs to remove a certain amount of ice cream from circulation to stabilize the value of ice cream, you are saying the government should give people "equal treatment" by taking 10% of the ice cream they might earn in an ice cream based economy. However, like dollars, there is a minimum amount of ice cream a person needs to trade in order for basic things like food and housing.

So, I repeat, a flat tax can be viewed as "equal treatment" but it increases the tax burden on people who are already close to not having the minimum amount of dollars to live and lessens the tax burden on people that have plenty of money.

This is why, I also repeat, the idea of "equal treatment" regardless of outcome is completely stupid. You have to consider the outcome in order to consider whether or not equal treatment occurred. You can't just stop at some arbitrary point and say "It's equal up until this part, forget the outcome," otherwise you could justify basically anything.

Also, what the fuck is a Hindo?

It's not conjecture either. It is a statement of fact.
Your "thoughts' do not exist. You merely parrot left wing scraps you've seen elsewhere, without the slightest shred of critical thinking about any evidence.
Promoting profit-taking? Heaven forbid!
i've posted an original conclusion based on facts in the post above it. i couldn't see where the parrot feathers you wear fit on me.

anyhow have you acknowledged, then, that these policies do promote profit-taking, god forbidding or otherwise? that's my point.

Yes lower cap gains tax rates promote taking the profit and paying the tax.
Remind me why that's a bad thing.
profit taking is converse to investment, dummy. your participation here demonstrates how idiots can buy into tax-cut stimulus proposals even though there's historical support for slower growth in these supply-side policy lulls. the lulls are effected through money being taken out of the economy at a tax discount where it would otherwise seek tax shelter through investment.

that's your reminder. i'm sure you'll need a refresher the next time your supply-side mythology is tapping on your chin.

Forum List

Back