The Buffett Rule

REPORT: 'Buffett rule' would raise sust $31b from rich See the Drudge report

Thats It?

Hey that will solve the trillion dollar deficits, Man I am glad thats over, time for more mandates and entitlements.

Party!!!!

nevermind...
News from The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A bill designed to enact President Barack Obama's plan for a "Buffett rule" tax on people earning more than $1 million a year would rake in just $31 billion over the next 11 years, according to an estimate by Congress' official tax analysts obtained by The Associated Press. That would be a drop in the bucket of the over $7 trillion in federal budget deficits projected during that period.
The figure is also miniscule compared to the many hundreds of billions the government earns from the alternative minimum tax, which Obama's budget last month said he would replace with the Buffett rule tax.

REPORT: 'Buffett rule' would raise sust $31b from rich See the Drudge report

Over ten years!

Free birth control for everyone!
$3 billion per year isn't even enough to pay the interest on the federal debt. And of course the CBO's projections are always off anyway, so it probably won't even be close to that much money.

Since the Buffet Rule is only meant to be punitive, I suppose how little revenue it actually raises is irrelevant, though.

I especially like the part where Obama wants to replace the Alternative Minimum Tax with the Buffett rule, thereby LOSING billions of tax dollars.

I guess they didn't do much math at Harvard.

Forum List

Back