The Buffett Rule

Did you just say that American wealthy people will move to Europe in order to pay fewer taxes?

If the truly moronic have their way, they will. It'll work out cheaper to live in the UK, and keep their money in offshore accounts than to stay in the US... since the drooling fools are actually suggesting that O/S accounts shouldn't be a tax efficiency.

Seriously, it works out vastly cheaper to live in the UK - where the left aren't so completely delusional as to go after O/S accounts. Naturally, the knock on effect will be that America will also lose a lot of jobs... but, apparently, the left don't need no stinkin' jobs.

They dont have to go that far. Cayman Islands, Bermuda, etc. Lots of places to flee tax hell.

Did you just say that American wealthy people will move to Europe in order to pay fewer taxes?

If the truly moronic have their way, they will. It'll work out cheaper to live in the UK, and keep their money in offshore accounts than to stay in the US... since the drooling fools are actually suggesting that O/S accounts shouldn't be a tax efficiency.

Seriously, it works out vastly cheaper to live in the UK - where the left aren't so completely delusional as to go after O/S accounts. Naturally, the knock on effect will be that America will also lose a lot of jobs... but, apparently, the left don't need no stinkin' jobs.

Let me get this straight.......

YOU say that if the wealthy don't get to keep their TEMPORARY Bush tax cuts they will pack their bags and leave their nation.

These are the same people who made their fortunes on the sweat of working Americans, using the infrastructure that America built to make their money and not having to worry about their money and safety through the defense that America provides.

Then I say...............

FUCK THE UNPATRIOTIC BASTARDS. THEY CAN KISS MY AMERICAN ASS. DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR PANSY ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

YOU say that if the wealthy don't get to keep their TEMPORARY Bush tax cuts they will pack their bags and leave their nation.

These are the same people who made their fortunes on the sweat of working Americans, using the infrastructure that America built to make their money and not having to worry about their money and safety through the defense that America provides.

FUCK THE UNPATRIOTIC BASTARDS. THEY CAN KISS MY AMERICAN ASS. DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR PANSY ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

Gawd you really are stupid, aren't you? She didnt say anything of the sort.

Many already do, half of Hollywood have homes around the world.... easy enough to swap your primary residence to a country that is less 'hateful' towards wealth.

Nothing to do with patriotism, it's simple tax efficiency. Why do you think governments are very careful about over taxing their wealthy residents? Hmmm? Logic - use it.

And, fyi, the big bold red really doesn't help you to look rational. The only poster who uses that kind of shit is Mr Shaman... he's on a lot of ignore lists for his moronic posting. Just saying.

If the gas prices don't make you stagger, the exchange rate sure will, especially in the UK.

All you prove is that you have no idea how finance works. The exchange rate has jack shit to do with it. They won't take their money into the UK, they'll leave it offshore - because the UK government isn't stupid enough to force their wealthy to bank within their country.

And the gas prices won't bother them either... they won't 'live' in the UK more than the minimum required to maintain 'residency'.

Damn, you are dumb.

It really surprises me that so few people seem to understand how wealth opens doors... Americans could, quite easily, get primary residence in, say, England, with very little actual disruption to their lives. It doesn't mean they move completely out of the country... it means they stay in the US for a few months, then go elsewhere, for a few months. It's not hard.

Many already do, half of Hollywood have homes around the world.... easy enough to swap your primary residence to a country that is less 'hateful' towards wealth.

Nothing to do with patriotism, it's simple tax efficiency. Why do you think governments are very careful about over taxing their wealthy residents? Hmmm? Logic - use it.

And, fyi, the big bold red really doesn't help you to look rational. The only poster who uses that kind of shit is Mr Shaman... he's on a lot of ignore lists for his moronic posting. Just saying.

Ok.

But it doesn't change the fact that they are unpatriotic mother fuckers. They got their wonderful TEMPORARY tax cuts under Bush. So if they leave because the TEMPORARY tax cuts expire then fuck them.

It really surprises me that so few people seem to understand how wealth opens doors... Americans could, quite easily, get primary residence in, say, England, with very little actual disruption to their lives. It doesn't mean they move completely out of the country... it means they stay in the US for a few months, then go elsewhere, for a few months. It's not hard.

Why don't we just eliminate ALL taxes for anyone making over $1,000,000 then? That way we can bribe them to stay.

Senate Democrats To Push 'Buffett Rule' Bill This Week

aka, The Fair Share Rule.

Brace yourselves. All you 1% here are gonna hate this.

It would require people who make more than $1 million to pay a 30 percent effective tax rate. Tax loopholes now allow some of the wealthiest Americans to pay lower tax rates than people in the middle class.

Don't worry. The pubs will filibuster it because, as we all know, they are owned by the 1%.

There is the "Buffett Rule" and the "Laffer Curve" and I'll take the latter.....

If the gas prices don't make you stagger, the exchange rate sure will, especially in the UK.

All you prove is that you have no idea how finance works. The exchange rate has jack shit to do with it. They won't take their money into the UK, they'll leave it offshore - because the UK government isn't stupid enough to force their wealthy to bank within their country.

And the gas prices won't bother them either... they won't 'live' in the UK more than the minimum required to maintain 'residency'.

Damn, you are dumb.

The price of everything won't bother them because they can afford everything anyway.

And tell me, what are they living on during their minimum required stay to maintain residency in the UK? The kindness of strangers? And how long is the minimum required to maintain residency? As long as a visa allows? Unless you apply for permanent residency? Under what pretenses? Rich people are seeking asylum in the UK because of harsh tax laws on the rich? Yeah, right.

And where do they live for the rest of the time? Monaco? Switzerland? What's to stop them from doing that now anyway?

You didn't think this through very well, did you?

Ok.

But it doesn't change the fact that they are unpatriotic mother fuckers. They got their wonderful TEMPORARY tax cuts under Bush. So if they leave because the TEMPORARY tax cuts expire then fuck them.

A 'temporary' tax cut that has them paying infinitely more than almost 1/2 the citizenry...

Fuck you and those like you who pay less of a rate and get the same legal benefits as those footing the bill for you... fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Oh... and die

I am amazed that any wealthy people at all stayed in this country during the times when taxes were much higher. What were they thinking?

How many goddamn times do you have to be told about the little facts surrounding what was actually considered income, what was deductible etc.... so before you say it... there was never a true 90% rate

The problem with doubling the capital gains tax rate from 15% up to 30% is twofold:

Firstly, the "capital" has already been taxed once- making the actual rate of taxation around 40%. That does not entice anyone to invest, well, at least not here. The wealthy will invest offshore.

Secondly, the income derived from the higher rate will be minimal at first and over the long run, the treasury will actually take in less. This is because capital gains are optional in many cases. I can choose to hold on to appreciated assets rather than sell them - tax rate = ZERO. Then when I die, my heirs will inherit these assets on a stepped up basis- tax rate= ZERO.

"Eat the rich" is the new "hope and change".

You know, I imagine 1780 French Nobles engaging in this sort of thinking...

And we all so how well that turned out for them...

That's idiotic. Our situations are not the same. Except that France over extended their economy.

Unless you mean we should revolt against the government..

I'm saying if we don't straighten out our act, we are going to have just the very poor and the obscenely rich, and that never ends up welll.

As the Pahlevis, Bourbons and Romanovs can attest.

Why don't we just eliminate ALL taxes for anyone making over $1,000,000 then? That way we can bribe them to stay.

Nah... that would be unequal treatment by government under law... kinda like what we have now but in a different form with a different target group

So I'll simply stick with a flat rate for every citizen on every dollar earned with zero deductions and zero loopholes.... you know... EQUALITY in treatment

Forum List

Back