The Buffet Ruse

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Excellent take on the Buffet Ruse.

RealClearPolitics - The Buffett Ruse
The Buffett Rule won’t balance the budget. It won’t prevent a debt crisis. It won’t help the economy. It won’t get you a job.

But contrary to Obama’s rhetoric, it was never meant to.

For Barack Obama, the Buffett Tax (it’s a tax, plain and simple) has one goal: to divide and distract America. He wants to divide the electorate with class warfare to distract us from his failed policies. This is how desperate he is to win reelection. This is how little he thinks of the American voter.

As the Wall Street Journal explained last month, “This year, the Buffett rule would increase federal revenues by all of $1.1 billion. That's less than one-tenth of one percent of the $1.2 trillion budget deficit Mr. Obama is scheduled to run this year.”

This stark reality led even the Los Angeles Times editorial board to declare, “The proposed Buffett rule is more a political statement than a deficit-reduction tool, given how little money it may raise.”

Based on Obama’s budget, the federal government will spend $45.4 trillion between 2013 and 2022. $9.6 trillion will be borrowed money. The Buffett Tax would raise $46.7 billion.

President Obama has said the Buffett Tax would help “stabilize our debt and deficits for the next decade,” adding, “This is not politics; this is math.” But that’s just another deception. The math doesn’t add up. This is the most cynical political tool imaginable.
Obama must have failed math at Harvard.

So the same rich people who have seen their tax rate HALVED in the last 30 years , can't be expected to give ANYTHING back?

Gee, why wasn't MY tax bill halved? I guess only RICH people deserve to not have their taxes raised or stay the same.

And if you are do damn worried about budget deficits, NOW is not the time to be complaining about it, is it? Where were you when Bush passed Medicare D and committed the US to spending 4 TRILLION dollars in Iraq for NOTHING???

This is just ONE step you idiot.
The rich have seen their share of the national income go up while working people's wages have stagnated. How can you expect to drive a consumer based economy when the consumers don't have any money because the RICH keep most of the gains? And WHY are they keeping the gains? Because they're not taxed at a HIGH RATE! What did they do with that money if they didn't take it home? They REINVESTED it in their business and GREW their businesses....built new factories...hired new workers...paid their employees well so they could compete!

Low tax rates on the RICH killed that. Now all you have is greedy fucks taking for themselves and not putting ANYTHING back.

So the same rich people who have seen their tax rate HALVED in the last 30 years , can't be expected to give ANYTHING back?

Gee, why wasn't MY tax bill halved? I guess only RICH people deserve to not have their taxes raised or stay the same.

And if you are do damn worried about budget deficits, NOW is not the time to be complaining about it, is it? Where were you when Bush passed Medicare D and committed the US to spending 4 TRILLION dollars in Iraq for NOTHING???

The rich have seen their share of the national income go up while working people's wages have stagnated. How can you expect to drive a consumer based economy when the consumers don't have any money because the RICH keep most of the gains? And WHY are they keeping the gains? Because they're not taxed at a HIGH RATE! What did they do with that money if they didn't take it home? They REINVESTED it in their business and GREW their businesses....built new factories...hired new workers...paid their employees well so they could compete!

Low tax rates on the RICH killed that. Now all you have is greedy fucks taking for themselves and not putting ANYTHING back.

The highlighted part implies that they got something that wasn't theirs to begin with.

It's their fucking money you twit. If you want more back you got to pay more in. Your lack of fiscal drive is not the responsibility of others.

I am sure that it would be interesting to see how these greedy "bleeps" spend their money.

Somehow I get the impression that we think they put it under a mattress where it won't be working.

The rich get rich by investing.

Don't get me wrong....I think we have an issue with wealth distribution.

But, the government does not solve issues. It creates them.

President Obama has said the Buffett Tax would help “stabilize our debt and deficits for the next decade,”

It's like dropping a pebble into a well, dipstick.

The CBO says Obama's 'Buffet Rule', if implemented would cover a whopping 3 days worth of government spending over the entire 11 years in question.

Yet the media freely lets him demagogue the issue as if it actually would make a difference.

Quite a few of us were against Chimpola's profligate spending, bureaucracy expanding and stupid foreign wars.

Your faux outrage is a poor disguise for your envy.

Quite a few of us were against Chimpola's profligate spending, bureaucracy expanding and stupid foreign wars.

Your faux outrage is a poor disguise for your envy.

You could easily have made that point without the racist remark.

And if you are do damn worried about budget deficits, NOW is not the time to be complaining about it, is it? Where were you when Bush passed Medicare D .

Typical revisionist history idiot Leftist.

Hilarious.

Bush campaign promised a $120 billion prescription drug benefit.

The Democrats rejected it in Congress, demanding a $900 billion prescription drug benefit.

After much wrangling and demogoguing by Democrats, the Republicans finally relented and adopted Blanche Lincoln's (Democrat Senator) $400 billion prescription drug legislation.

As usual, the Republcians biggest failure was trying to compromise with Democrats, because as we see by leftwing losers, Republicans get blamed for it.

According to obama, and I'm listening to him, its only a matter of fairness. The rich have too much money. As a matter of fairness the government should take a chunk of it. The money will be used for the same failed projects the stimulus money was used for. Naturally a sufficient amount will be kicked back to the DNC.

Why are you such a dirt bag and Liar?

The number of the rich elite have seen their incomes fall. The number of people that were in that tax bracket has fallen.

BOOT LICKER!!!

I am sure that it would be interesting to see how these greedy "bleeps" spend their money.

Somehow I get the impression that we think they put it under a mattress where it won't be working.

The rich get rich by investing.

Don't get me wrong....I think we have an issue with wealth distribution.

But, the government does not solve issues. It creates them.

I know what those greedy "bleeps" spend that money on. They invest it, in small businesses, you know the ones that create most of the JOBS. Where do you think the stock market gets it's money? From investors that have money, that money is used on lucrative business deals in which those small businesses earn profits to grow their businesses.

Obama knows most of his followers have no clue where the money goes and what it's used for. He wants them all to believe they keep in under their mattresses or in some off shore account.

People, the reason people are in business is to make profits, investors invest in those businesses to increase their profits. Many of those businesses are indeed profitable unlike those government funded green companies that have no clue how to run a business.

Do you want a politician running your life or would you like a businessman that has proven he knows how to make money through sound investments??

Personally I'm done with the politicians. :doubt:

Last edited:
According to obama, and I'm listening to him, its only a matter of fairness. The rich have too much money. As a matter of fairness the government should take a chunk of it. The money will be used for the same failed projects the stimulus money was used for. Naturally a sufficient amount will be kicked back to the DNC.

That pretty much nails it on the nose. The point is not that taxing the rich will actually do anything to help our economic situation. Obama and the Democrats are perfectly willing to admit that. It's about the perception of "fairness". It's a political ruse. Basically, Obama gets people all pissed at the rich to create a scapegoat but in reality there's no benefit one way or the other. Basic divide and conquer tactics and it was going along quite well...until OWS turned into a mob of rapists, thieves, and murders.

Have you ever seen such blatant propaganda from such an incoherent administration? It just goes to show you what they can get away with if they have the total support of the left wing media.

Of course, he lies about that one as well:

Obama: I'm not trying to 'redistribute wealth'

Obama: I'm not trying to 'redistribute wealth' | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Forum List

Back