The Buffet Rule, fair share, greed and stupidity

The buffet rule:

The rich should pay more taxes so the number of people not paying them can increase from 50% to 55%.

Now, that's a winner....for the "party of mooch" (dems).

Are you a retard? The Buffet rule makes it so that the fithy rich pay the same amount in taxes as poor people.
God its pathetic how in order to be a republican you have to be brain dead

Rich people already pay MUCH more in taxes than poor people, the " Buffett Rule " is just a disingenuous game of smoke and mirrors.......

The buffet rule:

The rich should pay more taxes so the number of people not paying them can increase from 50% to 55%.

Now, that's a winner....for the "party of mooch" (dems).

Are you a retard? The Buffet rule makes it so that the fithy rich pay the same amount in taxes as poor people.
God its pathetic how in order to be a republican you have to be brain dead

Rich people already pay MUCH more in taxes than poor people, the " Buffett Rule " is just a disingenuous game of smoke and mirrors.......

Good post.

It is just like spitting in the ocean.

It would not be a topic if Romney were not rich which is why Obama now drops from idiot to bastard.

He's going to drag class into the election just to save his sorry ass from being a one-termer. If the independent vote figures this out.....he is totally screwed.

I hate to burst your progressive bubble there, Cam...but if you took the cost of the wars completely out of the equation we would still have a very large national debt.

I've heard this before and any links would be great.

The tax cuts didn't help us in a fiscal sense. I am not a fan of GWB's.

However, keeping those taxes in place to feed the beast we have now would have only allowed it to continue to do what it does.

Spend money on a lot of stuff we don't need (and going to Vegas as part of the process).

Better to have that debate now than later.

Don't you mean the Reagan Rule?????

St Ronnie is the father of the Buffett Rule and Class Warfare!!!

The Buffet plan means raising taxes, not eliminating loopholes. Reagan wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

All you turds despise Reagan and claim he was unpopular, but you don't hesitate to invoke his name when you think it will help your case.

On top of that does he actually believe he can run on raising taxes? Has he divided the people enough to get away with pushing one down while lifting another?

Here is a better question. Does anyone think that Romney's proposal to cut tax rates by 20% for everyone make any sense whatsoever when taxes are already at their lowest rate in over 60 years and revenues are at their lowest level in over 60 years due to this fact. And yet the genius Romney says we need to cut taxes more. Even Ronnie could do simple math.

On top of that does he actually believe he can run on raising taxes? Has he divided the people enough to get away with pushing one down while lifting another?

Here is a better question. Does anyone think that Romney's proposal to cut tax rates by 20% for everyone make any sense whatsoever when taxes are already at their lowest rate in over 60 years and revenues are at their lowest level in over 60 years due to this fact. And yet the genius Romney says we need to cut taxes more. Even Ronnie could do simple math.

I am not sure what makes your question "better", but I believe the topic of taxes starts with what it is that we are paying for, what it is that we should not be paying for, and once you know that you (and everyone agrees) then you can figure out how to get the money to pay for it.

It starts with what is the money going towards.

If Romeny can show substancial cost cuts, then I am all for lowering taxes. However, I am all to well aware that things don't run themselves and that Policeman (not that Romeny has any say in that) don't work for free.

A true "fair share" is everyone paying exactly the same amount.

IOW, take the cost of running the government and divide that by the population of citizens of voting age.

Any other proposal that claims fairness is total B.S.

Last edited:
What spending ? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

This country is in financial crisis and you don't know "what spending" ?

ROTF.

What is more ironic is that you post about logic and statistics and then you make up arguments to fight against. I don't ever recall saying anything about the boost to the economy.

The fact is that I don't care. D.C. spends to much on to many things we don't need.

If you want specifics...I am more than happy to list out the kinds of programs that need to go. We can get a "head start" on that one.

There's one thing I know. If George Bush hadn't cut taxes twice, began to borrow from Communist China to cover the shortfall then started two wars...one totally by choice to avenge an assassination attempt on his old man there wouldn't be a national debt.

Iraq didn't have a goddam thing to do with 9-11 and there's never been one WMD found. It takes a stupid son-of-a-bitch to do what Bush did to America.

I hate to burst your progressive bubble there, Cam...but if you took the cost of the wars completely out of the equation we would still have a very large national debt.

I suppose we could have waited for Saddam to get the nuke he was actively seeking. That wouldn't have been a problem...right? It's not like he had a history of using WMD or attacking his neighbors.

It's also interesting how you're all over W's case for borrowing from China but don't seem to have a problem with Barry borrowing even more from the same people. Why is that?

Are you nuts

Reagan and the Bushes left an annual interest payment on the debt of nearly half a trillion dollars. Total up the amounts for all of Obama's interest payments and add it to the Reagan Bushes or STFU about the debt. You didn't think all those foreign banks loaned those trillions out of their love for America did you...the annual interest on the national debt is second only to the military budget. Bush's last fiscal year ended Sept. 30, 2009. The first day of the Obama administration there was a $451,000,000,000 payment due. Interest is not like the debt. We never pay on the debt but we must pay the interest or go into default. Here are some of the annual payments:

Historical%20National%20Debt%20Interest%20Payments.jpeg

Last edited:
What spending? Its ironic all you republicans say we need to cut spending but you can't even name 200billion in wasteful spending that you actually cut. Its ironic that youi think cutting spends ding that creates $9 in economic benefits for every dollar spent is going to help the economy

ROTF.

What is more ironic is that you post about logic and statistics and then you make up arguments to fight against. I don't ever recall saying anything about the boost to the economy.

The fact is that I don't care. D.C. spends to much on to many things we don't need.

If you want specifics...I am more than happy to list out the kinds of programs that need to go. We can get a "head start" on that one.

There's one thing I know. If George Bush hadn't cut taxes twice, began to borrow from Communist China to cover the shortfall then started two wars...one totally by choice to avenge an assassination attempt on his old man there wouldn't be a national debt.

Iraq didn't have a goddam thing to do with 9-11 and there's never been one WMD found. It takes a stupid son-of-a-bitch to do what Bush did to America.

america needs more taxes and more spending on redistributive social justice......for the workers !!!!! lol

ROTF.

america needs more taxes and more spending on redistributive social justice......for the workers !!!!! lol

Here's something we don't need more of:

4453203830_fae4c48ecd.jpg

You need to fill that empty gourd between your shoulders with something other than useless Bull Shit. :cuckoo:

You need to fill that empty gourd between your shoulders with something other than useless Bull Shit. :cuckoo:

I'm truly sorry for putting factual charts and information on the board which is way too complicated to ever penetrate the Republican bubble. You people sit happy as a lark watching the 24-7 continuous stream of lies from Fox News and actually get to where you don't even consider facts. Reminds me of the stupid evangelicals....course they are Republicans too.

I'm truly sorry for putting factual charts and information on the board which is way too complicated to ever penetrate the Republican bubble. You people sit happy as a lark watching the 24-7 continuous stream of lies from Fox News and actually get to where you don't even consider facts. Reminds me of the stupid evangelicals....course they are Republicans too.

Those charts smack of class envy.

Why not put the absolutes on there. I'd be curious to see how people have fared against inflation. I don't know what that looks like. But those absolute numbers would be telling.

If the lower end is better off than they were 30 years ago, who cares what the rich make. Unless your proposition is that they should not have that much.

If the lower end is losing ground, that makes for a different argument.

Forum List

Back