The Buffet Rule, fair share, greed and stupidity

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So apparently Obama wants to push the Buffet rule. Why the fuck would anyone support an increase in taxes on anyone when in the not to near future the Bush tax cuts will expire causing taxes to go up. Then we have the new Obamacare taxes kicking in.

When is enough enough you greedy bastards? Obama is getting ready to dish out his second wave of green energy free money yet is crying that he needs more money. Can he not see the disconnect?

So apparently Obama wants to push the Buffet rule. Why the fuck would anyone support an increase in taxes on anyone when in the not to near future the Bush tax cuts will expire causing taxes to go up. Then we have the new Obamacare taxes kicking in.

When is enough enough you greedy bastards? Obama is getting ready to dish out his second wave of green energy free money yet is crying that he needs more money. Can he not see the disconnect?

Yes, god forbid the President talk about the things that the American people WANT...

Poll: Tax the Rich, Corporations

Poll: Well-off say tax the rich

• Banned
On top of that does he actually believe he can run on raising taxes? Has he divided the people enough to get away with pushing one down while lifting another?

• Banned

Yes, god forbid the President talk about the things that the American people WANT...

You didn't support those polls when they showed a vast majority in favor of spending cuts did you?

You didn't support those polls when they showed a vast majority in favor of spending cuts did you?

You're certain of that are you, that I don't support spending cuts?

The fact (and I know you don't like to let facts get in the way of your suppositions) is that I do, indeed, support spending cuts. It is in what is cut that the differences arise.

I support spending cuts AND revenue increases...like most Americans.

• Banned

The fact (and I know you don't like to let facts get in the way of your suppositions) is that I do, indeed, support spending cuts. It is in what is cut that the differences arise.

I would even support my taxes going up IF spending was under control and the senate actually put forth a budget and followed it. But at this point only a fool would agree to giving more money when the entity they are giving it to has a problem being responsible with the money. It would be like giving a street beggar cash instead of spending 30 minutes with him shopping for food.

When our govt displays that they can be responsible with the money we already GIVE them, then they can ask for more.

The govt is our employee and you don't give raises to irresponsible employees.

Life ain't fair. No one ever said it would be fair.. but when 100% of Americans are paying federal income tax.. it will be a little bit fairer,, but for liberals to whine that the rich should give them more will that's just dumb assed thinking.

• Banned
Life ain't fair. No one ever said it would be fair.. but when 100% of Americans are paying federal income tax.. it will be a little bit fairer,, but for liberals to whine that the rich should give them more will that's just dumb assed thinking.

Welfare is a job creator ya know. LOL

I would even support my taxes going up IF spending was under control and the senate actually put forth a budget and followed it. But at this point only a fool would agree to giving more money when the entity they are giving it to has a problem being responsible with the money. It would be like giving a street beggar cash instead of spending 30 minutes with him shopping for food.

When our govt displays that they can be responsible with the money we already GIVE them, then they can ask for more.

The govt is our employee and you don't give raises to irresponsible employees.

I agree.

I have openly stated time and time again that I will supprt raising taxes on the rich.

Four dollars of spending cuts for ever dollar of revenue increase.

No cuts (and not the window dressing Obama put out there), no new taxes.

There was a simple reason why Barry extended the Bush tax cuts two years ago when he had super majorities in Congress and could have pushed them through just like he pushed ObamaCare through. He extended those tax cuts because tax raises in a weak economy is bad economic policy. Christina Romer understood that. She came out and said that she didn't think we should raise taxes on ANYONE at this time. Why? Because she's a Keynesian economist and one of Keynes' fundamental economic rules was that you raise taxes in a strong economy not a weak one. So why is Obama pushing the so-called "Buffett Rule" and preaching "fairness" as he calls for higher tax rates for the wealthy? He was the champion of Keynesian economics. He put Larry Summers and Romer in place to use Keynesian economics to rescue the country. So why is he suddenly going AGAINST Keynesian fundamentals? Once again the answer to that is quite simple...it's an election year message that he thinks will resonate with enough Americans that he can get elected to another term. Who cares if the policy he's pushing won't work...it's all about winning an election by coming up with a populist message he thinks he can sell to the electorate. So what happens if and when he DOES get re-elected? Well, as his open mike comments to the Russian President last week illustrate...what he says to GET re-elected has nothing to do with what he will do if IS re-elected. "Hope & Change" was a vague notion that an electorate hungry for change bought into with the help of a compliant main stream media. "Fairness" is the "new" vague notion that Barry hopes will do the same thing for him in 2012.

Don't you mean the Reagan Rule?????

St Ronnie is the father of the Buffett Rule and Class Warfare!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbJ-Fs1ikA&feature=player_embedded]Reagan--No Loopholes For Millionaires - YouTube[/ame]

When you raise taxes on the investors, the investors will move there money else where. So there goes small bussiness investments and municipal investments. This is pure stupidity.

When you raise taxes on the investors, the investors will move there money else where. So there goes small bussiness investments and municipal investments. This is pure stupidity.
Good let those "patriots" move their money into the "safe" investments in Europe!!! :rofl:

Let's take more money from the very people that drive our economy. And before you say they don't YES THEY DO. The hire companies like mine to remodel their houses. Which in turn allows me to hire my help. Which in turn gets spent in a multitude of ways.
Hell last week I bought a new stereo and had it installed by another contractor then bought a new dog. Without that rich person none of that would have happened.
You liberals all have tunnel vision.

Let's take more money from the very people that drive our economy. And before you say they don't YES THEY DO. The hire companies like mine to remodel their houses. Which in turn allows me to hire my help. Which in turn gets spent in a multitude of ways.
Hell last week I bought a new stereo and had it installed by another contractor then bought a new dog. Without that rich person none of that would have happened.
You liberals all have tunnel vision.
Of course, how many homes do the 1% have to remodel? If the 99% had more money from lower taxes and higher wages, there would be a lot more people who could afford to remodel their houses. Without wealth concentrated in just a few hands, more money would be spent in a multitude of ways!!!

The dumb way is to raise rates to the top 1% in a broken, grossly complex tax system, choking off growth without bringing in the revenues we need to meet our debts, instead of calling for reform of the Tax Code and benefits to the wealthy to be eliminated.

Dem's will raise it for the top 1%, and still won't get much revenue and then they want to cut from the military. Then they want to cut 1 trillion in 10 years. This would take us 160 years to pay off 16 trillion.
What kind of insanity is this Americans?

So from 1949 to 1964 when the top tax rate was 91%, investors left the United States?

Comon, asshat.

Back up your statement with anything resembling a fact.

How about when Reagan raised taxes?
When Bush did?
When Clinton did?

You sir, are an ignorant fool being played for a chump.

No matter how high taxes on the rich are raised, you won't see a lowering of taxes on the middle class, nor will you see higher wages. Just higher prices.

The dumb way is to raise rates to the top 1% in a broken, grossly complex tax system, choking off growth without bringing in the revenues we need to meet our debts, instead of calling for reform of the Tax Code and benefits to the wealthy to be eliminated.

Dem's will raise it for the top 1%, and still won't get much revenue and then they want to cut from the military. Then they want to cut 1 trillion in 10 years. This would take us 160 years to pay off 16 trillion.
What kind of insanity is this Americans?
The Dems want to both cut spending and raise taxes. The GOP want to cut spending and cut taxes, canceling out the spending cuts and then some, while borrowing more for military spending. That would rack up another $16 trillion in debt.

We should all be like Buffet and keep our earned income artificially low so as to pay less income taxes. We should all fight the government tooth and nail over paying our taxes just like warren does too.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002

Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year.

Buffett is a fucking hypocrite no wander BAm BAm loves him so much

Forum List

Back