The "Bring Back the Tap" Campaign

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
It seems to me that having bottled water available for purchase would be a godsend, especially in drought-stricken areas where it would ease the drain on whatever water resources remain.

Bottled Water's Backlash
By Sandy Bauers, Philadelphia Inquirer
November 4, 2007

Bottled water, once an icon of a healthy lifestyle, has become a pariah, the environmentally incorrect humvee of beverages. In recent months, dissent over the once innocuous bottle of Aquafina or Dasani has grown from a trickle to a tsunami.

Not just among enviros who decry the 1.5 million barrels of oil used to make a year's worth of bottles. (Plus more to transport it from, in the case of Tasmanian Rain, the end of the Earth.) Not just among pragmatists who cringe at the absurdity of paying $1.50 for bottled when tap is all but free - a fraction of a cent per gallon in Philadelphia.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/11005481.html

I'll vote to "Bring Back The Tap"!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that having bottled water available for purchase would be a godsend, especially in drought-stricken areas where it would ease the drain on whatever water resources remain.

Bottled Water's Backlash
By Sandy Bauers, Philadelphia Inquirer
November 4, 2007

Bottled water, once an icon of a healthy lifestyle, has become a pariah, the environmentally incorrect humvee of beverages. In recent months, dissent over the once innocuous bottle of Aquafina or Dasani has grown from a trickle to a tsunami.

Not just among enviros who decry the 1.5 million barrels of oil used to make a year's worth of bottles. (Plus more to transport it from, in the case of Tasmanian Rain, the end of the Earth.) Not just among pragmatists who cringe at the absurdity of paying $1.50 for bottled when tap is all but free - a fraction of a cent per gallon in Philadelphia.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/11005481.html

How much will the corporatists spend to win my vote the other and most ridiculous way?

Forum List

Back