The Breaking News Forum Now Allows Posting.

Can we just dump all of Steve McGarrett's "BREAKING" threads there?

If they are truly Breaking and according to the rules listed with respectable sourcing, yeah. It's gotta be a story that you feel is GONNA be big and covered. If it fizzles with no major media pick-up -- we'll clean it out to the appropriate forum.

Trump: I didn’t record Comey conversations

President Donald Trump said Thursday he does not have recordings of his conversations with former FBI Director James Comey, ending weeks of speculation about whether he taped their talks.

“I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings,” Trump tweeted.

The president, however, raised the possibility that a third party could have recorded his conversations with the ousted FBI director.

“With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are ‘tapes’ or recordings of my conversations with James Comey,” he tweeted.

President Donald Trump said Thursday he does not have recordings of his conversations with former FBI Director James Comey, ending weeks of speculation about whether he taped their talks.

“I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings,” Trump tweeted.

The president, however, raised the possibility that a third party could have recorded his conversations with the ousted FBI director.

“With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are ‘tapes’ or recordings of my conversations with James Comey,” he tweeted.

You need more than a link. Refer to the rules and you can now post it by yourself.

Breaking USMB News! Members can now post directly to this forum! This is Rob Robbie Robertson reporting for WUSMB, Channel 135683091176307649.271 your go to source for all the nudes that are happening in your town!

Last edited:

If they are truly Breaking and according to the rules listed with respectable sourcing, yeah. It's gotta be a story that you feel is GONNA be big and covered. If it fizzles with no major media pick-up -- we'll clean it out to the appropriate forum.

Why are threads being moved here form the politics forum that clearly meet the guidelines for politics. Like SCOTUS rulings on laws and EOs?

Why are threads being moved here form the politics forum that clearly meet the guidelines for politics. Like SCOTUS rulings on laws and EOs?

It's really OVERFLOW. This SupCt ruling today generated 20+ threads. Volume was so great that SOME were consolidated in this New Forum..

There's a balance between combining EVERYTHING into one thread in Politics and choosing some to be seeds for the Breaking News forum. In the morning -- on a Breaking story -- we'll keep consolidating in the "native forum". But as the day goes on and threads are STILL being spawned, the newer stuff MAY be moved to Breaking News.. UNLESS -- there are already threads there on the topic.

It's really OVERFLOW. This SupCt ruling today generated 20+ threads. Volume was so great that SOME were consolidated in this New Forum..

There's a balance between combining EVERYTHING into one thread in Politics and choosing some to be seeds for the Breaking News forum. In the morning -- on a Breaking story -- we'll keep consolidating in the "native forum". But as the day goes on and threads are STILL being spawned, the newer stuff MAY be moved to Breaking News.. UNLESS -- there are already threads there on the topic.

Thanks.

Now if only this area has anything deserving posted in it..

"Breaking! Trump has Taco Bowl" does not cut it.

Just an observation! Breaking News hardly ever makes it to (or remains in) the Breaking News Forum. The death of Bush 41 for example was breaking news last night, but someone posted in current events first so the threads are being merged into the first current events thread about Bush's death. Bush's death is a current event;however, i don't think the Breaking News Forum is working out as intended.

Just an observation! Breaking News hardly ever makes it to (or remains in) the Breaking News Forum. The death of Bush 41 for example was breaking news last night, but someone posted in current events first so the threads are being merged into the first current events thread about Bush's death. Bush's death is a current event;however, i don't think the Breaking News Forum is working out as intended.

Can't force folks to use it. We'd have to specify the rules for which threads MUST go there. Can't figure out a fair way to do that.

It's an option to get your thread on the Front Page forum for USMB. Some folks care about getting that kind of visibility. Occasionally, if a Breaking News event is flooding the other forums, we'll move a BETTER thread there instead of closing or merging or deleting it.

Really more of a "sampler" for guests and potential members to see.

Maybe the more IMPORTANT Breaking story discussions should go there. Like the death of a Prez. Because they're better preserved and more easily found later on than in the more crowded forums.

Maybe the more IMPORTANT Breaking story discussions should go there. Like the death of a Prez. Because they're better preserved and more easily found later on than in the more crowded forums.
Yeah, I noticed that. It's like herding cats, FCT, you might as well forget it.

Someone (not me) did start a thread in Breaking News about the death of George H. W. Bush. But it was merged with the threads on the same topic that were in Current events.Sometimes when there is an important breaking news event, several posters will post the topic within a few short minutes of each other. In an effort to not have multiple threads on the same topic, sometimes Mods move breaking news from the breaking news forum when performing the merge. Thus, posts that would qualify as breaking news get moved to current events or some other forum.

Someone (not me) did start a thread in Breaking News about the death of George H. W. Bush. But it was merged with the threads on the same topic that were in Current events

That we can fix by discussing it with staff. When 12 threads are all created within hours it's hectic, because multiple mods are merging/closing threads. IMO -- merges on Breaking stories should EXCLUDE the Breaking News forum.

Forum List

Back